[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Wacky.ddw

On the tweakers forum they say its better to wait a few months because the first batch probably will have issues. They say the fist G3's where faulty...

Is there any kind of waranty when you buy a phone like this online? It speaks for itself that it has to go all the way back to china that its ideal. But it would still be a confording to know there is some waranty.

The newman isnt an option for me :P the others look good but the x2 and the G4 still look like a better deal.

Guest tillaz

if i was to get a phone from the UK I would go all out and get the GS4 I could afford it but it just depends if i want to spend that much on a phone. I would get the Nexus 4 as the Nexus 7 is so smooth to use its just i like to use my phone as a media player as well so i would really want a Micro SD slot

i would rather wait for the first tegra 4 device with its 72 core GPU, than the GS4.

hoping it will be Google's "rumored" Motorola X phone, as it will be my upgrade from the nexus 4 :)

these phones have 13mp camera while the nexus only has 8mp

megapixels don t really mean much in terms of photo quality, its the qaulity of the censer that matters,

just look at the brand new HTC one, and its flashship 4mp camera ;)

Guest PCTechRoss

megapixels don t really mean much in terms of photo quality, its the qaulity of the censer that matters,

Apparently the HTC is 4UP (Ultra Pixels)

Guest Colossae3.23

are any of these Chinese phones following the trend of putting better sensors, and/or better lenses in their phones? By better lens, I mean a faster one, allowing better low light shots. I love what Nokia and HTC are going for. with the cameras on their newest high-end phones. I just can't afford them :P

Guest tillaz

Apparently the HTC is 4UP (Ultra Pixels)

megapixels just define how big the image can be, higher is always better for digital zoom, but not necessarily image quality

how good a photo looks is always going to depend on the censer quality, the two phones i got from china have 8mp cameras

but the pictures they take look no where near as good as the ones took on my nexus 4 which also has a 8mp camera. (especially in low light)

ultra pixels just sounds like a hype word to me

http://gizmodo.com/5...s-an-ultrapixel

most of the better china phone's i have seen use censers from Sony, (UMI X1)

and the newman k1

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/03/18/jiayu-g4-vs-newman-k1/

would be nice to know what the G4 is using ?

Guest Degurney

Yea i am also not sure wich one i am going to take so i made a pro's and cons list :P Personally i wont give that mutch money for a phone and these phones have 13mp camera while the nexus only has 8mp

Jiayu G4

Pro’s:

- Only €174 includding shipping (Allready ordered)

- 3000mah battery

- Had a metal frame around it and is made from aluminum

- Will ship with latest android Jelly bean 4.2.2

- Only 720p phone that has gorilla glass2

- Will ship with case and screen protectors

- Design is better then the UMI X2

Con’s:

- The release allways gets delayed because of manufacture problems it could be 2 more months before the 2gb version gets released (release date gets revealed 20/04)

- Buttons don’t work well in unreleased version hopefully this gets fixed

UMI X2

Pro’s:

- Has a 1080p display 440ppi

- Has a 5 inch display instaid of 4.7

- Only costs $300 (€230 includding shipping)

- If the jiayu gets delayed again this phone might come out first

Con’s:

- Has a 2500mah battery while jiayu has 3000mah

- Only ships with android 4.1

Hey... where did you order the G4 from for $174 inclu shipping?

Darren

Guest aliaird

This link;

http://www.mentoo.com/jiayu-g4-advanced-quad-core-android-4-1-smart-phone-mtk6589-2g-32g-4-7-inch-hd-ips-retina-screen-13mp-camera-gyroscope.html

that I think someone posted earlier, implies that the 2G 32G phone is out now? Is that correct?

I broke the screen on my Jiayu G2 earlier today so need a replacement quickly (and it would be rude not to upgrade whilst at it!) but don't want to order a phone that is not yet released yet.

(Offhand, anyone know if the screen on a G2 is easy to replace? I did my San Fran a while ago but it never fitted properly. I can't find a guide anywhere either...)

Guest bryfly

Hi guys i just ordered a black Jiayu g4 advanced. I payed $231.15 includding shipping.

I ordered it here: http://www.mentoo.co...-gyroscope.html

And i used this -8% coupon code: 861527

I know people are aware of launch date for the Jiayu G4 but I emailed Mentoo re expected shipment date, for info this is there response.............

Because JIAYU G4 is to be sold in the market in early May,we don't have it in stock right now.

We can presell it, up to now over two hundred customers have booked JIAYU G4.It becomes the top seller of quad core smart phones.

Once we get the items from JIAYU manufacture, we will deliver them out at the first time.

If you are in a hurry, you could consider other Quad Core smart phones instead. We could give you some references.

Cubot A6589S MTK6589 Quad Core Android 4.1 Smart Phone 5.8 Inch HD IPS Screen 1G 8G 10MP Camera 3G GPS- Grey (SKU: sku35953S)

MIUI 2 Android 4.0 Quad Core 4.3 inch Smart Phone 1.5GHz 3G 16G ROM Black (SKU: C00940012F1530Y15300000)

ZOPO ZP810 MTK6589 Quad Core Android 4.1 Smart Phone 5.0 Inch IPS HD Screen 1G RAM 5.0MP Front Camera (SKU: sku35966)

If not,just let's wait for it for not a long time.

Guest Wacky.ddw

2GB model has bin spotted :D

Source: LINK

And also some info on the G6

Source: LINK

I also got that mail so i asume you also ordered it from mentoo? how mutch did you pay?

Guest bryfly

I also got that mail so i asume you also ordered it from mentoo? how mutch did you pay?

Not ordered yet, just enquired about expected shipment date

Guest aliaird

I ordered my 2GB J4 from Mentoo last night (and got the same email!). I paid approx £150 plus £16 Ithink for postage to hurry thinga along. Fingers crossed they hurry up and release them!!!

Guest tillaz

First batch gets released in 3 days smile.png But i will wait for the advanced version but its good news anyway

LINK

thanks for the link, i will wait for the second batch after reading that.

but, what want to know, is if you can order direct from that link to the uk ? as i would rather pay 999 yuan / £104 :ph34r:

http://shop.ejiayu.c...roduct-264.html

i can't get the page to translate to look, anyone know ?

Guest bryfly

thanks for the link, i will wait for the second batch after reading that.

but, what want to know, is if you can order direct from that link to the uk ? as i would rather pay 999 yuan / £104 :ph34r:

http://shop.ejiayu.c...roduct-264.html

i can't get the page to translate to look, anyone know ?

Just copied page and pasted into word, then translated in word is ok, page to big to post..........