Mini CM10 for Chinese blades ! IS IT POSSIBLE ???

Guest M@X

Hello Guys !

Recently , i came across Xperia x8 forums and came to know that it have the same specs as that of our Blade. Although , We got CM10 from Great developers KonsTa and Burstlam ,But unfortunately the Chinese blade's are unable to run these builds smoothly due to Low RAM.

Xperia x8 and Chinese blade have same Ram but they have Got MINI CM10 .

I saw this thread on XDA

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1836116

So is it possible to PORT the MiniCM10 of Xperia x8 for Chinese Blade ?????

Thank you !

Edited by M@X

Guest Snap.IT

Respect is shown by the words which i use not by fonts.

Is there a point in SCREAMING a question at us? That is what it's like reading your OP.

I could explain to you why using any other phone for reference is daft unless it's something specific about it that relates to our phone and why "mini" versions are not really using less memory but why should i when you are screaming at me?

M not screaming .. I just changed the font size .

I respect all my seniors !

M just asking all your opinion over this .

As you all know a lott about these things!

Edited by M@X

Guest Snap.IT

There is no mini JB, all you can do is to exclude certain things making it useless since it will not have the support that you were looking for in the first place (i assume).

Just go with Mokee, we have an amazing version on this forum that has a battery life of several days with my kernel (oh and i should probably compile a new one now that jventura has added his fixes upstream, i should probably do that for many other phones too, oh well, within next week will be fine for those who are interested) do NOT try my kernel with any other version and actually, don't use another version, unless you are chinese, we have a perfect version for everyone who doesn't speak Mandarin though and i found nothing good in the new version, if i had i'd make more than a new kernel...

Seems to me the man was on the money with his release and i'll cling to it for my nand install even though i'm running all kinds of crazy on my multiboots, i really need a larger SD card, what with Motorhead albums not being completed until christmas eve and all of that... ;)

You're a good guy Max, just don't forget that netiquette is how we all percieve you and shouting in my face as i open a thread being interested just because it's you asking... it's not a good thing, stick to the forum standards and you'll do much better.

Your name is stuck into my brain as someone who asks good questions, i dunno why though, perhaps you participated in one of my threads and helped me sort out things?

Guest Snap.IT

Actually, to be honest, when it comes to memory management you'd do better to use something compiled for a 256 device, it's not hard to do and i would do it if it wasn't for Mokee, it's kinda made for it.

Now... if i was using a 256 blade and had a thought about using tools such as S2E i would think again.. i would probably use two files and zram to fix this (i've done this with a cashier robot or two rolls and a computer along with one servo to drive it).

What you do is that you disable zRAM, ALWAYS on EVERY device you disable Zram, it's as stupid as the extra feature on Stacker for windows 3.1.

THEN, you dd a file to make a data partition, you change your init.rc to mount it and use it as data and you make a separate dd for your swap, no partitioning needed, always continuous and while it is kinda stupid, Linux will cache that part of the file bypassing a very bad part of the memory management. (keep the free mem killer as low as possible, on 512MB i like to keep it at 20MB, with 215 you should probably be at 10%)

Now all the crap you read about memory management if you have read about different scripts, it's wrong, ALL OF IT, free memory is indeed wasted memory but on Android it's also cache memory and what i'm teaching you to do is to use that efficiently...

I should make a script for it but i'd have to make one script for every instance and it's just one file and one line to change.

Guest gourav35

well if you want to try JB rom you can visit this site

http://www.romzj.com/resources/index.php?option=com_mobile&view=roms&cid=54&Itemid=40&orderby=popular&ui_type=&system_release=

its for ZTE V880i which is same phone with 256 ram. ( idea blade in india )

don't use 256 ram phone so i dont have any idea how this roms works. and ive tried very few of them but not cm10 as we have them in modaco, use translate for the website and try at your own risk.......

well if you want to try JB rom you can visit this site

http://www.romzj.com...system_release=

its for ZTE V880i which is same phone with 256 ram. ( idea blade in india )

don't use 256 ram phone so i dont have any idea how this roms works. and ive tried very few of them but not cm10 as we have them in modaco, use translate for the website and try at your own risk.......

i have tried some roms from Romzj but they are in chinese even after changing the language.. Chinese font remains some where..

There is no mini JB, all you can do is to exclude certain things making it useless since it will not have the support that you were looking for in the first place (i assume).

Just go with Mokee, we have an amazing version on this forum that has a battery life of several days with my kernel (oh and i should probably compile a new one now that jventura has added his fixes upstream, i should probably do that for many other phones too, oh well, within next week will be fine for those who are interested) do NOT try my kernel with any other version and actually, don't use another version, unless you are chinese, we have a perfect version for everyone who doesn't speak Mandarin though and i found nothing good in the new version, if i had i'd make more than a new kernel...

Seems to me the man was on the money with his release and i'll cling to it for my nand install even though i'm running all kinds of crazy on my multiboots, i really need a larger SD card, what with Motorhead albums not being completed until christmas eve and all of that... ;)

You're a good guy Max, just don't forget that netiquette is how we all percieve you and shouting in my face as i open a thread being interested just because it's you asking... it's not a good thing, stick to the forum standards and you'll do much better.

Your name is stuck into my brain as someone who asks good questions, i dunno why though, perhaps you participated in one of my threads and helped me sort out things?

Thanxx a lot Snap.IT for such a brief explation ( frankly, you really cleared many of my doubts) ..

I will do the same as you said about Mokee .. Actually , i really like Mokee ROM but i don't like its status bar ,

And about S2E , i dont use it, Instead of that i use inst2ext ( which i found on XDA ) .

Lastly, I apologize for my that fonts mistake .. I wasn't knowing about these fonts very much so i just used them for making thread look attractive.. I didnt had any wrong intention behind using such font . Hope so this time you will ignore my mistake considering me as newbie .

Thank you ! ( Sorry again :( )