[TUT] Leaked JellyBean and Unlocked bootloader

Guest vache

Guest Willem van Oort

shot_000001.pngshot_000005.pngshot_000003.png

Here are some printscreens from the dropdown. They removed the music tab. The lockscreen is still the same and performance is better in my opinion, but that could be because there are less apps on my device since the update;)

I flashed my phone yesterday, and I love it. In my opinion it operates smoother than before !

Another question, can we root this ROM ? If i try adb reboot bootloader -> ok, but fastboot the image like in this thread gets my phone in a boot loop :-(

Finally I took the plunge and buy a cloudmobile before christmas ;-)

I flashed the leaked jellybean and unlocked the bootloader as soon as my battery was fully charged and that I checked I had the -3 version :wacko: yeah, living dangerously ;-)

Everything is working well, I am waiting to have a microsd before adding CWM, maybe there will be custom roms at this point (I miss CM10, even if the acer skin is not too intrusive, all the little tweaks of CMW are not there...)

Phone is nice, screen is great, battery is awful...and I miss a notification led....but still, no better deal for this price ;-)

Only strange thing I got with the leaked rom was a few crashes during a download using a very bad access point...I had a blue screen (really like the blue screen of death in windows, fist time I see something like this in Android) due to a full system crash, telling that it will dump memory on SD in 10, 9,8,... seconds. Well, no sd at the moment so obviously no dump, but I had to remove the battery to reboot from there. A few time cause it kept crashing during this download...

This leaked JB looks like a debug build to me, so I am not so sure the bootloader will be unlockable in official JB....So this leak may be a life saver....and I will be very careful before flashing official JB.

Guest Neosin1987

hello

i have a little problin whin i try to inslalt of the script

my isseu is

The program cant start because ADBWinApi.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

can any one help me thnx

Guest Alexandru.k_24

hello

i have a little problin whin i try to inslalt of the script

my isseu is

The program cant start because ADBWinApi.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

can any one help me thnx

here you go man...adb folder.extract the .zip archive!

ADB.zip

Guest Neosin1987

win i launch my un lock scrip i cet this

Sart unlock

'fastboot.exe' is not recognized as an operable progrem or batch file

unlock done , press enter to reboot

Press any key to continu . . .

and win i pres enter my s500 stick in fast boot mode

ik version JB-Feddb64!

dont reboot manualy

thnx if someone can help me

Guest umbro123

i installed sdk tools and acer drivers, entered the command for device info but nothing happens. On cmd i see waiting for device and on phone i see boot mode:fastboot! and ik version:ICS-4765cba! .how can i check what cpu i have?

Guest Alexandru.k_24

i installed sdk tools and acer drivers, entered the command for device info but nothing happens. On cmd i see waiting for device and on phone i see boot mode:fastboot! and ik version:ICS-4765cba! .how can i check what cpu i have?

man...first of all you must reboot your phone in fastboot mode:P

"adb reboot bootloader"

after that you can use the command for device info

but...make shure that you have installed the corect drivers for the phone.

Edited by Alexandru.k_24

Guest Alexandru.k_24

how do i rebot i fastboot? i just powerd up the phone holding the volume up, i tought that is the fastboot method

conect your phone(powerd on) to your pc.in settings/developer options check the usb debuging tab.

use "adb reboot bootloader" to reboot into bootloader mode

or

turn off your phone

keep the volume - pressed and power your phone

phone will vibrate once....release the volume - and press volume +...phone will vibrate...release the volume + button

if you bought the phone from orange ro....you will have -1 cpu type!so...leaked jb won`t work on your phone.

Guest davidevinavil

This is fastboot.. you miss driver. Seems driver works correctly only with windows xp and 7

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest wimmme

one problem with this ROM that I didn't have before with the Original ROM:

if I use the Phone until it is completely depleted, battery completely empty, I can't boot my Phone normally.

If i put it on the charger, it shows the big charging icon for a second and then the Phone seems to die -- but in the background is does charge !

The only way to boot the Phone is to remove the battery, sometimes I must even go into bootloader, and afterwards the Phone boots.

Someone else having this problem ? Or does no one deplete his battery like me :ph34r:

Guest ian00009
I found a bug. Enabling wifi tethering phone will reboot

I don't.

I changed the defaults to my preferred options (ie changed the ssid and password) also I changed the security to WPA. No problems at all.

Well OK I have to connect and disconnect a couple of times then I will get internet access.

Ian

Guest droidicted

I have checked, the error appears with my orange sim. I have checked with vodafone sim and it worked fine. I will try with a new sim card with 128K.

Edit: with a new orange card the problem still. I will flash the ICS rom again :(

Edited by droidicted

Bad news then...

There could be 2 options i guess,a leaked firmware for this ORGROD variant with 8260A-1 cpu or modifying the leaked firmware and change the hardware string,after all,i do not think there is any difference is functionality between 8260A-3 and 8260A-1...no?

Where can i check if my acer is A-3 or A-1?