TWRP 2.6.3.1 Official for U8815/U8815N/U8818 [09/12/2013]

Guest alkalinorap

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kra1o5

I won't flash it until I know more about it anyway :ph34r:

Not, Im the "maintainer" & TWRP is the Dev.

This is the new official update maybe soon have new minimal update (2.5.0.2) with minor improvements I make.

Edited by Kra1o5

Guest kyan31

Not, Im the "maintainer" & TWRP is the Dev.

This is the new official update maybe soon have new minimal update (2.5.0.2) with minor improvements I make.

Oh OK, thank you :)

Do you know what changes TWRP 2.5.0.2 has compared to 2.4.4.0?

Guest Kra1o5

Oh OK, thank you :)

Do you know what changes TWRP 2.5.0.2 has compared to 2.4.4.0?

Sure,

What's new in 2.5.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, the changes in 2.5.0.0 will likely not be compatible with your theme.

• Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection
  • Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)
  • Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
  • Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
  • Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups
  • Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups
  • Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)
  • Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)
  • Fixed handling of subpartitions
  • Improvements to recovery.fstab flags
  • Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations

Guest kyan31

Sure,

What's new in 2.5.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, the changes in 2.5.0.0 will likely not be compatible with your theme.

• Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection
  • Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)
  • Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
  • Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
  • Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups
  • Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups
  • Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)
  • Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)
  • Fixed handling of subpartitions
  • Improvements to recovery.fstab flags
  • Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations

There are quite a lot of changes, it sounds great :)

Guest irishpancake

Hi, just a question re TWRP and Goo Manager.....

running Cyda's Stock + 6 and Link2Int.....on CWM 6.0.1.2 Recovery.

Downloaded Goo Manager, and rebooted, all OK, so I try Goo Manager, as in Menu/Install OpenRecoveryScript Option....

Get the usual warning, Confirm Recovery Install....Are you sure?? Yes!!! No can do......message flashes, saying

No recoveries found for your device

Pic:

twrp.jpg

Where to go?? What to do??

Guest alkalinorap

10/04/2013: Updated to version 2.5.0.2

Henceforth, the changes will be available in the link that is below of CHANGELOGS in the first post.

Where to go?? What to do??

I've no idea why Goomanager app isn't working but the easiest thing to do is just download the flashable version from here and just flash it via CWM. It only takes a minute to do.

Guest irishpancake

I've no idea why Goomanager app isn't working but the easiest thing to do is just download the flashable version from here and just flash it via CWM. It only takes a minute to do.

Man, me stoopido.....

just checked the 1st post again, and there it is, the link you gave me...option 1 :huh:

think I need to go back to Specsavers...again!!

[perhaps the Option 2 recommendation in red for goo manager should be removed?? it's up to alkalinorap I suppose]

​Thanks for the link, it's installed now, and I am making first TWRP back-up on the Ascend..

I already got it on my S3, and it is really good, and supported very well.

cheers and thanx again.

Guest kyan31

Thanks for the update Alkalinorap, I really appreciate all the work you guys have done. I use TWRP all the time and I couldn't imagine going back to CWM after this :)

• 1 month later...
Guest derei

PLEASE HELP !! it seems that it fails to install :(

Method no.2 seem to not working, so I tried method no.4 ... but here is the result:

http://i39.tpnotallowed.com/5bziis.png

How should I install this ?

Thanks.

I think I fixed this issue. I used this app named unlockBootloader.exe which I found here http://www.modaco.com/topic/356235-guide-writing-recovery-failed-remote-command-not-allowed/ and then all went fine.

Please update the first post to correct the wrong installation guides...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Feahnor

I have CWM Touch Recovery v6.0.2.7. I tried to do Method 1 and it doesn't work. It says it installed ok but didn't work. Then I tried method 2 but it says there is no recovery for my device. i'm going to try method 4, but I don't know why it's not working.

I think I fixed this issue. I used this app named unlockBootloader.exe which I found here http://www.modaco.co...nd-not-allowed/ and then all went fine.

The guide isn't wrong, it is correct. It is you that made a mistake because you hadn't unlocked the bootloader first. Every rom and mod dev in this forum will assume you have already unlocked the bootloader before attempting to flash something because the bootloader should have been unlocked the moment the phone was rooted. The steps on this phone should always be root > unlock bootloader > install custom recovery, if you are doing them in any other order then that is down to you.

I have CWM Touch Recovery v6.0.2.7. I tried to do Method 1 and it doesn't work. It says it installed ok but didn't work. Then I tried method 2 but it says there is no recovery for my device. i'm going to try method 4, but I don't know why it's not working.

Sounds like a buggy CWM to me, I had a previous version that used to do this from time to time. If this happens try rebooting the recovery (advanced > restart recovery) and then trying again.

If all else fails the fastboot method will always work.

Edited by Cyda

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cjcandrei

Hi guys.

I'm not finding the options to backup the internal partition in the latest twrp 2502. Has it been removed? I've read the thread and seen that it was introduced in a previous release...

Thanks

Guest dalyer

I think I fixed this issue. I used this app named unlockBootloader.exe which I found here http://www.modaco.co...nd-not-allowed/ and then all went fine.

By the way - that method of unlocking the bootloader may be the old one of installing the GB bootloader which can cause problems with ICS/JB (3G reboots, signal loss etc.). Better to do an official unlock instead:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/