[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sej7278

I haven't tried the app but I tested the symlink method that should do the same thing. I experienced no difference what so ever.

Also theory behind the app has already been debunked. /dev/random is never even opened/used by dalvik/userspace apps. It seems that the app wakes up the device every second to write and boosts CPU frequency while doing that, that's all.

http://code.google.c...detail?id=42265

yup, it is funny how quickly XDA folks jump on things like this (and the sysctl "super speed" nonsense previously) without even looking at it logically. using the symlink makes no difference, so looking at the patch the only thing making a difference is the app is keeping the cpu up (which explains the battery drain!)

Guest chealsearock

How to build

1. Follow instructions on initializing a build environment up to a point of downloading the source code.

2. Initialize CyanogenMod 10.1 repo.

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-10.1

3. Add local manifest that downloads ZTE Blade device config, props and kernel source from my github and few CM replacement projects from legaCyMod github.

curl -L -o .repo/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-10.1/local_manifest.xml

4. Download the source code.

repo sync

5. Update Terminal Emulator. (You only need to this again when Terminal has been updated.)

cd path-to/CM10.1_WORK_DIR/vendor/cm/

./get-prebuilts
6. Compile the ROM.

cd path-to/CM10.1_WORK_DIR/

. build/envsetup.sh && lunch cm_blade-userdebug

make bacon -j8

Use 'repo sync' to pull merged changes from upstream. Use 'make clobber' to clean the build environment. Repeat step 6 to make a new build.

Do I have to do this or can I skip it? Does it have advantages or not?

Guest top4ek

Using Link2SD: 4.0.4 and 4.1.2 works great. Just installed 4.2.1 from 1 jan and getting error while moving dalvik cache files to sd card. apk and so-files moved normally. Any glue?

mkdir failed for /data/sdext2/dalvik-cache, I/O error.

Edited by top4ek

Guest elrond_bs

Using Link2SD: 4.0.4 and 4.1.2 works great. Just installed 4.2.1 from 1 jan and getting error while moving dalvik cache files to sd card. apk and so-files moved normally. Any glue?

You mean clue? :D

It's only natural for such apps not to work on early build. Link2SD is old and not officially compatible with 4.2! Use S2E instead or CM10.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest top4ek
You mean clue? :D
yep :) English is not my native language.

It's only natural for such apps not to work on early build. Link2SD is old and not officially compatible with 4.2! Use S2E instead or CM10.
thanks. It's sad. Anyway, why i can't create a dir on /data/sdext2 - interesting question. There's no file or dir named dalvik-cache. Just looked via SSHdroid. Tried to reformat this partition - no luck.

Some time ago i'm switched from S2E to Link2SD because internal memory faster than SD, so i move almost all soft to SD but Swype, Gmail and SMS Pro.

UPD: Strange thing: installed 4.1.2 and got same problem O_o

UPD2: Installed 4.2.1 and modified s2e.

# su -

root@android:/sd-ext # ls

ls: ./dalvik-cache: I/O error

app		 app-asec	 app-private

s2e always shows on dalvik menu "need reboot".

root@android:/ # mount

rootfs on / type rootfs (ro,relatime)

tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)

none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)

proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)

debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)

none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)

tmpfs on /mnt/secure type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=700)

tmpfs on /mnt/asec type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)

tmpfs on /mnt/obb type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)

/dev/block/mtdblock5 on /system type yaffs2 (ro,relatime)

/dev/block/mtdblock6 on /data type yaffs2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime)

/dev/block/vold/179:2 on /data/sdext2 type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=writeback)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /data/app type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=writeback)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /data/app-private type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=writeback)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /data/app-asec type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=writeback)

/dev/block/mtdblock4 on /cache type yaffs2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /sd-ext type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1,data=writeback)

/dev/block/vold/179:1 on /storage/sdcard0 type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

tmpfs on /storage/sdcard0/.android_secure type tmpfs (ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000)

I've removed Link2SD with init script, but somehow it mounts /data/sdext2 О_о There's no scripts in /data/local except s2e's UPD3: Made full-wipe (/system and /boot too) Got.
# mount /dev/block/vold/179\:2 /t

root@android:/data/data/berserker.android.apps.sshdroid/home # ls /t

ls: /t/dalvik-cache: I/O error

I have 3.8 Gb partition for sd-ext, may be CWM Touch can't format it correctly? Tomorow will try to format on big brother with linux. May be all that troubles caused not by this ROM+Link2SD :) BTW, is it supposed to be?
# mkfs.ext2 -m 0 /dev/block/vold/179\:2

mntent* getmntent(FILE*)(3) is not implemented on Android

mkfs.ext2: lseek: Value too large for defined data type

Last UPD: There was a bug in FS of sd-ext partition i beleive, Link2SD works without errors after formatting partition on BB, all soft is transferable(with .dex, .so) now. CWM 6.0.1.x (don't remember exacly) seems can't format such big partitions.

Edited by top4ek

Guest KonstaT

New build. Fixed hardware video decoding/encoding. There's still some issues with videoplayer controls and video playback in portrait mode.

cm-10.1-20130105-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?2blaq5b0vmrs6gm

md5:4a33beddd57e2efa51689230973a581e

-fixed hardware video decoding/encoding, e.g. YouTube HQ, HTML5 playback, Camcorder, etc (thanks to Ganster, psyke83 and everyone else involved)

-fixed camera preview glitches (thanks to psyke83)

-NavigationBar : Customization (1,2)

-NavigationBar: Custom height (1,2)

-Allow purging of asset bitmaps (1)

-added option to disable bootanimation

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Very nice. Infact great release. Thank u for making android 4.2 to work on our device. Once BT is fixed, I will continue to use this ROM for daily use :-)

Guest emotty

Wow another rom by Konstat :D

Thanks for all the work you put in and sharing it :)

cant wait to try this :)

and thanks bigtime for the Usb tethering fix :D

Guest top4ek

5/1. Stock camera fixed and works great, Camera360(in 1/1 worked) got same bugs as stock in 1.1 plus bugs, that visually like in youtube: menu, message popups are textured by squeezed picture from camera.

Keyboard swyping doesn't works on EN-QWERTY at all. With RU i can "draw"(i see track) my swype over keyboard, but theres no any reaction after swipe entered.

Thanks KonstaT for your great ROM - only reason i'm still on OSF :)

Edited by top4ek

Guest sej7278

wipe dalvik enough to update to the latest builds?

you don't even need to wipe dalvik, it gets done anyway. if you're already on 10.1 then just install the zip.

Keyboard swyping doesn't works on EN-QWERTY at all. With RU i can "draw"(i see track) my swype over keyboard, but theres no any reaction after swipe entered.

keyboard swiping will never work, relies on armv7 libs. try swiftkey or swype if you want that.

has anyone else noticed that when using s2e your facebook and twitter accounts are removed upon reboot? and s2e doesn't even work on cold boot? i'm so tired of s2e screwing up i'm actually going to try going back to moving to sdcard instead!

Guest top4ek
keyboard swiping will never work, relies on armv7 libs. try swiftkey or swype if you want that.
Oh, didn't knew that. That feature i've waited most of all :(

Will continue use of official swype beta.

Today i'm interested in zRam, read about that. Am i understood it right? zRam is some kind of swap using real RAM(18% for ex) but stores compressed data? So i have 419 Mb of RAM and 75 Mb of it will be used by zRam? Will it give some profit in speed, let say, running google+ and swype? Now I'm running with zRam off because i think with zRam my phone is more laggy.

Who use it, what amount of % you set up in your blade? And why u not use it? :) Just interest of practice on our devices.

Guest top4ek

What about upgrading from 4.1.2.? :blink:

when changing major version of android u need full wipe always. In addition i'm formatting /system and /boot... just to be sure :)

PS: интересный ник ;)

Guest top4ek

Thanks,

Ok, so full wipe needed. :(

Buy Titanium Backup on GPlay. Beleive me, if u use unofficial ROMs, 200 RUR is nothing for such great app. Yes, it's not godlike(can't backup dropbox and twitter auth details), but helps a lot. I've bought and not regret about.

Guest sm4tik

has anyone else noticed that when using s2e your facebook and twitter accounts are removed upon reboot? and s2e doesn't even work on cold boot? i'm so tired of s2e screwing up i'm actually going to try going back to moving to sdcard instead!

I'm actually trying s2e for the first time now so I can't really say much, but yes, playing around with the new rom and rebooting constantly seems to be a bit out of s2e's league. It doesn't bother me that much though as I don't have anything that important going on. I actually had the opposite experience with a coldboot when I thought I'd screwed something up, everything was restored ok.After a reboot if I just give the phone enough time to settle, everything's been fine.

Guest top4ek

I'm actually trying s2e for the first time now so I can't really say much, but yes, playing around with the new rom and rebooting constantly seems to be a bit out of s2e's league. It doesn't bother me that much though as I don't have anything that important going on. I actually had the opposite experience with a coldboot when I thought I'd screwed something up, everything was restored ok.After a reboot if I just give the phone enough time to settle, everything's been fine.

Noticed this too long time ago. After reboot(hot or cold) i need to give some time to settle all apps and widgets, after that almost all works like a charm. That's normal, i remember how i've waited, when i've bought my first symbian(N6260) phone %)

Just tried QR Droid on fresh (5/1) build. Bug like in Camera360. Picture is stretched, there's no any UI visible, but i hear how camera trys to focus on image.

Edited by top4ek

Guest sej7278

i've deleted my sd-ext partition and gone back to "move to sd" and that seems fine, i've still got over 60mb free in /data, had a helluva time trying to uninstall s2e though, had to delete init scripts etc. using adb!

for me waiting for s2e to settle didn't fix things, only a reboot would (it worked with cm10 mostly). "move to sd" of course takes an age on boot to settle, but it does work reliably at least.

cm10.1 now seems as stable as 10 was to me, just got to wait for some of the nice tweaks to trickle down, but main functionality is fine. i was looking at backporting flip to snooze but wasn't convinced it would work due to the chronus/lockscreen changes - e.g. its not a snooze button anymore but a lockscreen slider. seems someone is trying to do something in gerrit

also has anyone noticed that terminal emulator just FC's now? i can't get it to open a shell.

Edited by sej7278