[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Wow, thanks for another fine ROM, KonstaT! Holy crap, my Blade came with 2.1 originally, now I've doubled the OS version! ;)

The only thing I'm missing is the auto brightness settings - am I just too stupid to find them, or are they really gone from CM 10.1? The default for low light levels is a bit too dark for my taste (and my eyes).

Auto-Brightness IS there. Find it in Quick Panel window. It works very well with default values. Also, thank you KonstaT. You are indeed the only developer who deserves a donation thing. If you could give details, I would be happy to donate.

Guest Kazekage Gaara

If you could give details, I would be happy to donate.

In the first post of this thread (the initial post), at the end of it in the lower right corner, you can find the "Donate" button. He deserves it :)

Edited by Kazekage Gaara

Guest jventura

Hi there Konsta,

some people have been asking me to implement the mms auto-retrieval for CM10.1.

However, I don't have the source code for CM10.1 (I'm still messing around with FM radio in CM9), but someone has already ported the CM10 "mms auto-retrieval" patch to CM10.1. Can you compile the framework/mms.apk with the patches so people may test it?

The patches are:

- http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/29804/

- http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/29806/

- http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/29851/

My suggestion would be to do a zip file with the compiled framework and mms application, so the people interested in it could test. David van Tonder at review.cyanogenmod.org said that the patch was no longer needed in 4.2 but he is not sure. And people here are mentioning that auto-retrieval does not work..

I haven't tested anything.. :)

Edited by jventura

Guest ..Abel..

hmm seem to have a problem with flashing zips on cwm ..i get status 0 error (installation aborted),ive tried a non touch and touch version. but the same problem...even tried another zip to flash ! any ideas ??

Guest minidude doctorwho

thanks for this rom konstat its the best rom ive tried so far and youve done really well ive used every rom you have made and cwm recovery

Guest chapmans35

Someone is having problems sending MMS with Go SMS Pro?

With the native app i can send MMS perfectly...

Great ROM, very slick and battery life good. BT working, but tried sending picture as attachment with native application and just sits at "sending".

12.1 version

Edited by chapmans35

Guest Polys Polykarpou

i experience only one problem with bluetooth a2dp. i successfully paired my sony ericsson bluetooth handsfree with the first try. But when i turned bt off and on on the mobile, it found the headset, paired with it, but couldn't connect to it (could not play music or make phonecalls). I have to manually unpair them, reboot the phone and pair them again to make it work. So that happens everytime i want to pair me bt headset.

Is there anyone else with this issue?

I have exactly the same issue with my bt headset.

Firstly, I would like to say a big thank you to KonstaT for all the superb work done creating ROMs for the Blade. You have kept my phone relevant far longer than I ever thought it would have been.

A couple of general questions for folks...

I am noticing a lot of Wifi activity with the latest version of this ROM. Even with a full wipe & fresh install, location turned off, Cyanogen Stats disabled, no Google account added (thus no backup), no apps installed beyond the Google Apps pack, there is still a constant flicker of Wifi traffic, with arrows appearing on the Wifi icon almost every 2 seconds. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Secondly, and this is where I show my ignorance, but the "Performance" category has disappeared from Settings. Has it been moved somewhere I haven't found? Is it no longer required with 4.2? I found that some of the memory management options were useful when getting games to run and I liked the option to disable Boot Anim. The built in overclocking was also nice but can be easily replaced with an app.

Thanks in advance for any advice that can be given.

Edited by Guest

Guest matcho13579

Little problem over here - I set a specific ringtone on the one of my contacts, but it doesn't work...Ringtone is an mp3 file and was set with ES File Explorer

Any solution for this?

Secondly, and this is where I show my ignorance, but the "Performance" category has disappeared from Settings. Has it been moved somewhere I haven't found? Is it no longer required with 4.2? I found that some of the memory management options were useful when getting games to run and I liked the option to disable Boot Anim. The built in overclocking was also nice but can be easily replaced with an app.

To get Development options in CM10.1, go to settings -> about phone -> tap rapidly on build number. You will get all the options including performance settings.

Guest пенис

Firstly, I would like to say a big thank you to KonstaT for all the superb work done creating ROMs for the Blade. You have kept my phone relevant far longer than I ever thought it would have been.

I am noticing a lot of Wifi activity with the latest version of this ROM. Even with a full wipe & fresh install, location turned off, Cyanogen Stats disabled, no Google account added (thus no backup), no apps installed beyond the Google Apps pack, there is still a constant flicker of Wifi traffic, with arrows appearing on the Wifi icon almost every 2 seconds. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? I didn't have this on Cyanogen 10.

Not this again! *facepalm*

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+get+developer+options+in+android+4.2

To get Development options in CM10.1, go to settings -> about phone -> tap rapidly on build number. You will get all the options including performance settings.

Thank you very much for the advice anantk... No wonder I hadn't spotted it.

Not this again! *facepalm*

http://lmgtfy.com/?q... in android 4.2

And thank you for the sarcasm, though it is a shame the same degree of effort couldn't be taken to be helpful. That's forums for you though.

Edited by Guest

Guest jpdoliveira

Thank you very much for the advice anantk... No wonder I hadn't spotted it.

And thank you for the sarcasm, though it is a shame the same degree of effort couldn't be taken to be helpful. That's forums for you though.

Forum still has a search option.

Guest cricri0464

Yep, exactly the same issue here. Able to pair my headset only once.

Anyway, great job guys ...

I am noticing a lot of Wifi activity with the latest version of this ROM. Even with a full wipe & fresh install, location turned off, Cyanogen Stats disabled, no Google account added (thus no backup), no apps installed beyond the Google Apps pack, there is still a constant flicker of Wifi traffic, with arrows appearing on the Wifi icon almost every 2 seconds. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

I just rolled back to CM10 to double check and noticed the same issue. Also, reflashed 10.1 without gapps and still the same. Just to be sure, I also disconnected all the media servers from my network incase they were broadcasting and also tried turning off the wifi powersave option in Wifi Advanced Settings. Still, a Wifi pulse every couple of seconds. This leaves me flummoxed...

I am currently abroad, so unable to switch on my mobile data. Can anyone confirm whether it does the same when connected to 2/3g data.

Its working well for almost everyone. Did you flash the 20130115 correctly? Did you 'Wipe Dalvik Cache'? You do not necessarily 'Wipe Data and Cache', but after properly flashing after 'Wipe Dalvik Cache' from Recovery, the ROM should work like it should.

WiFi tethering definitely has serious stability issues in the 20130115 build. No wiping or reflashing will help with that. This commit fixes it, when KonstaT applies it.

Guest Kazekage Gaara

Hi KonstaT, just now upgraded to this rom from CFX and it's working AMAZING :D

Also installed S2E and now I have 1 Gb of internal storage :D

Thank you so much for releasing such an awesome ROM for us. Really appreciate the effort dude.

Keep up the good work :)