UK Tap-To-Pay?

Guest jtc42

So, aside from the hacked version of Google Wallet that we can't easily top-up, has anyone managed to get any NFC payment systems working on their Nexus 4 in the UK? There seems to be a few around but it's all a bit.... confusing to say the least.

Anybody got anything?

Guest andysalmon

Samsung has had this for some time with the S2/3. Unfortunately unlike the US we don't seem to be embracing it. It is non-existent outside of London.

Guest everett_psycho
Samsung has had this for some time with the S2/3. Unfortunately unlike the US we don't seem to be embracing it. It is non-existent outside of London.

I've recently started using my debit card for it and I was sceptical at first but after I tried it it's great. I'd like to see it used on phones without having to get one of those stickers though. I know Paul has his modded Google wallet but I'm trying to avoid rooting as I don't actually need root access and I'm happy with stock android for once

• 1 month later...
Guest Wayne877

Co-op food stores are rolling out NFC terminals nationally at the moment and are set to go live at the end of either this month or the end of march (was about a month ago I did the training).

I would love to know of any payment apps which would take advantage of this, I too would prefer not to root just to use Google wallet.

• 4 months later...
Guest louca001

Vodafone are working on something called Vodafone SmartPass.

In the UK it's only open to Vodafone employees at the minute and comes in the form of a sticker but ther are plans to roll out a mobile payment app. It already exists on the Google Play store but isn't available within the UK.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.vodafone.smartpass&hl=en

I'll let you know how it goes...

• 4 months later...