[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Thanks for the great ROM. I found a bug in drawer. If you touch the date in the drawer, there will be an error message indicating System UI has stopped, then the launcher will restart again.

It works fine here. It opens calendar without problems. It would be nice to have a logcat (use aLogcat app from play store) and also please, provide the detailed info of your UI configuration.

Guest tonielcrack

This rom is Awsome, but have some bugs.

When I plugged the phone to computer, the screen of USB does not look good.

When I transfer my files to my Skate, the transfer of files is slower than ParanoidAndroid 2MB/s (I have a Sandisk 8GB Class10)

Others users of this rom in another webside say too.

Sorry for my bad bad english, I'm a Spanish =)!

Thanks for your hard work!

Edited by tonielcrack

C3C0, thank you very much for your answer :-) Tonight try again Zeelog's 2.5.5 build (i have a backup), because now i have installed your ParanoidJelly. As soon as possible i post here information of different features (if any!!!) and some problem with your build (by example, the tablet mode sets incorrect value for px of Trebuchet, and that causes a incorrect desktop).

It is possible that has left me also influence by the versions, as thou sayest. I'll be sure and tell you how here again. Input, i will say that I have your latest installed version since yesterday and is doing very well. Gapps are OK, GoogleNow works correctly, the calendar sync, the version of Gmail is OK ... All very carefully, done with care, very polished, as always of you. Any small problem, like what I was saying before about the desktop Trebuchet in Tablet mode, it is easily remedied.

I used INT2EXT+ and it works perfectly. I have (for test) a good batch of apps installed and at first it lags fairly, but rummage around the memory configuration has been substantially improved and is now fully usable, at least for my taste.

A great daily ROM, without any doubt. Splendid work :-)

Edited by RaAmon

Guest nemanjakrpovic

Good thing about Zeelog 2.55 build is fully working 4.2 gallery(every option in photo editor works fully, while our photo editor crashes when applying some effects). Also camera app that is part of galley app looks better. Also Hot reboot option in power/reboot submenu is very useful.

Edited by nemanjakrpovic

Good thing about Zeelog 2.55 build is fully working 4.2 gallery(every option in photo editor works fully, while our photo editor crashes when applying some effects). Also camera app that is part of galley app looks better. Also Hot reboot option in power/reboot submenu is very useful.

I noticed that if you use autocorrect in photo editor the outcome is always worse than the income. It looks just weird somehow, like if you add some unnecessary depth and brightening.. it's probably no some kind of bug but I can't get over it, just saying. :D

Guest GodShot

I have a problem

Once in a while my phone would not wake up after I press the power button when I'm done calling.

Probably after 1 min or so, the power button can work again and the phone would wake up.

Could C3C0 help me with it?

Guest Redstarr1

I have a problem

Once in a while my phone would not wake up after I press the power button when I'm done calling.

Probably after 1 min or so, the power button can work again and the phone would wake up.

Try calibrating the proximity sensor, that option is under ZTE Skate Settings in Settings somewhere. I can't tell you exactly where because my mom uses the Skate nowadays :P.

Strange.........is this working for anyone else ? I am doing a fresh install from Play store.

Looks to be some problem in app. It tries to create database when it was already created.

I/TableUtils( 4045): creating table 'videoextend'

E/SQLiteLog( 4045): (1) table `videoextend` already exists

E/DataBaseHelper( 4045): Can't create database

E/DataBaseHelper( 4045): java.sql.SQLException: SQL statement failed: CREATE TABLE `videoextend` (`mAddedInDatabaseTime` BIGINT , `mSyncedTime` BIGINT , `local_URL` VARCHAR , `mLastSyncedViewing` VARCHAR , `mIs_synced` SMALLINT , `mIs_syncing` SMALLINT , `mLiked` SMALLINT , `loading` SMALLINT , `currentlyShow` SMALLINT , `mSyncInHD` SMALLINT , `mSyncRank` INTEGER , `currentlyPlay` SMALLINT , `mCleanRank` INTEGER , `title` VARCHAR , `created_time` VARCHAR , `description` VARCHAR , `tinyURL` VARCHAR , `mThumbnail_url` VARCHAR , `_id` VARCHAR , `mThumbnail_small_url` VARCHAR , `mThumbnail_medium_url` VARCHAR , `modified_time` VARCHAR , `mThumbnail_large_url` VARCHAR , `mOwnerLargeAvatarUrl` VARCHAR , `mOwnerMediumAvatarUrl` VARCHAR , `mOwnerSmallAvatarUrl` VARCHAR , `mOwner_Screenname` VARCHAR , `mOwner_tile` VARCHAR , `stream_h264_url` VARCHAR , `stream_h264_ld_url` VARCHAR , `stream_h264_hq_url` VARCHAR , `stream_h264_hd_url` VARCHAR , `mDuration` DOUBLE PRECISION , `mOwnerVideosTotal` INTEGER , `mOwnerViewsTotal` INTEGER , `mViewsTotal` INTEGER , PRIMARY KEY (`_id`) )

E/DataBaseHelper( 4045):  at com.j256.ormlite.misc.SqlExceptionUtil.create(SqlExceptionUtil.java:22)

E/DataBaseHelper( 4045):  at com.j256.ormlite.table.TableUtils.doStatements(TableUtils.java:464)

E/DataBaseHelper( 4045):  at com.j256.ormlite.table.TableUtils.doCreateTable(TableUtils.java:440)

E/DataBaseHelper( 4045):  at com.j256.ormlite.table.TableUtils.createTable(TableUtils.java:220)

E/DataBaseHelper( 4045):  at com.j256.ormlite.table.TableUtils.createTable(TableUtils.java:53)

E/DataBaseHelper( 4045):  at com.dailymotion.dailymotion.helper.DataBaseHelper.onCreate(DataBaseHelper.java:95)

Try clearing data for Daily motion, or delete databases in: /data/data/com.dailymotion.dailymotion/databases

C3C0 and Zeelog versions of PA/JB4.1.2/Skate ROMs for Skate are both very stable and polite; C3C0 goes ahead with 2 more months of developments and refinements. C3C0 build, by example, has more Trebuchet configuration options. C3C0’s compilation presents also a better tactile response, an apparent better sensitivity of the screen (exception: navigation keys). My request to inspire a new build of C3C0- PA/JB/Skate on the version 2.6.2 of Zeelog for Blade was based on the assumption that this version was built on a newer, more advanced, Paranoid skeleton. Also influenced by the "remembrance" of other features, but I admit that testing so many ROMs, and without keep a systematic record of functionalities of each one, it is very difficult to say at a given moment things good or bad has each one of them. That it is appreciated when you change your ROM, but you do not score against your opponents (at least I dont) and there is the thing.

Some things that i would include in a new compilation, and that were already in the build of Zeelog, are:

* S2E Compatibility. In Zeelog’s versión S2E works perfectly; in C3C0’s, not.

* Partition info (Settings / Partition Info on Zeelog’s build). Not very important for me; i resolve that with a df, but for other people will be convenient to have a specific option between the settings.

* "Hot Reboot" option, that reduces the time of reboot

* Performance / Disable bootanimation, reduces (a little) the time of boot

* Zeelog’s Tablet Mode admits softkeys on side of status bar; C3C0’s not (I’m not sure!)

* Bad “sensitivity” (response to) of C3C0’s softkeys (navigation keys). They insistently ignore the touchs

* Zeelog uses different camera app. But I do not know which is best :-(

* Zeelog´s build admits multimedia controls (play, pause, next…) on status line. Not very important for me

* The Gallery does not displays the settings (both C3C0 & Zeelog)

* And then are the questions more Paranoid: the configuration of the different personalitys of device (Tablet, Phablet, Optimal, Phone)… The reboots that are derived from these changes are very slow in paranoid; in Zeelog’s seems more fast (I’m not sure too :-( ) The Stock, Optimal & Phablet modes are OK, I think (but Clock in Phablet must configure to <=165, not 170, to display correctly the time on landscape screen). The Tablet mode I think needs a revision… The default desktop looks bad; its not well displayed; we need to modify the size manually the size: it should be 720pix, but Trebuchet appears with 600 pix. Nor are displayed well desktops with 6 columns and 7 rows, that in the other modes are presented correctly. In addition, in landscape mode appears a line too thick between the status bar and the desktop… The Tablet mode, in summary, is not as polite as the Optimal, Stock or Phablet modes, it is not so well optimized as the other, and needs very much work to configure.

* And finally, the size of build: Zeelog’s /system is 170 MB, C3C0’s build, is 195 MB (C3C0’s includes Gmail… see below)

And other things that I would add, and that were not there in the version of Zeelog, are:

* ICS lockscreen enables two more direct access to configurate from unlock button: 7 versus 5

* It would be good to have an option "no wallpaper" on System / Wallpaper

* Set by default the options to maximize performance: dithering off, 16 bits transparency, KSM (kernel shared memory) on ...

* Enable a option to control brightness on settings bar to the "old" style, in addition (alternative) to the current slider

* Separate the sound level of the notifications and the rest of sounds (a la ICS). In the current version, a single slider controls notifications+call-rings, etc.

* More precise control of 2G/3G/2G+3G, and a more neat icon on the settings bar

* I think it is unnecessary, which is of more: GMail: EMail.apk manages Gmail and Exchange accounts, and Gmail.apk may be installed from Play Store. Also i remove GOO Manager and CyanoGenMod FileManager from the ROMs. I replace for Terminal Emulator only, and each one installs then what you want.

And I'm going to stop now, because this is dragging much. I haven't tried tethering USB or Bluetooth tethering ... anyone know if this works?

Many thanks and I regret the length and the translation.

Edited by RaAmon

Guest nemanjakrpovic

I have a problem

Settings/Advanced/Calibrate proximity sensor. Just be sure your phone(precisely sensor) is pointed to some light source, or your are outside in daylight before you do that.

Hi great rom ! I have a small problem, many apps e.g. facebook from playstore are saying that " Your device isn't compatible with this version". I had facebook app on all other roms cfx/2/3 what can I do?

Guest mamen2022

Hi great rom ! I have a small problem, many apps e.g. facebook from playstore are saying that " Your device isn't compatible with this version". I had facebook app on all other roms cfx/2/3 what can I do?

Read the WTF section in the first page!

Guest nemanjakrpovic

I had same problem when i changed screen DPI. Its weird, even if you restore to default values you might still have same problem. Try rerstoring dpi to 240, if it stil dont work, try next: do backup,delete your google acunt, and restore dpi to 240(because pa and pj use non defaullt dpi) then after this done only sign up hith your google acount. But i hope you will fix this just after restoring dpi do its default values. After installing apps you can continue to play with dpi. Edited by nemanjakrpovic

Guest kamango604

I have the same problem with google play and app compatibility BUT hear me out :D .

Every time i lose connection or reboot my phone i get the "app is not compatible with this device", then i have to delete account and login on google play. So it doesnt happen on first boot but very often.

Also power shutter doesnt work for me either.

And finnaly id like to know how to turn on/off 3g?

Thanks in advance...

Power shutter works fine (you must enable it in camera settings) as well as play store. Must be something with your installation.

2g3g - use notification toggle or mobile settings.

Edited by C3C0

@RaAmon

Oh, what a lengthy post :) Thank you for feedback. Just a short reaction to clarify some things that maybe escaped your attention.

1) I am taking care of PJ for less than two weeks, not months. So please, allow some time for the new features to come as I have a lot of other things to take care of in my real life.

2) Softkeys in tablet mode do work. You can even set their visibility individually (e.g. to have only back button)

3) Sensitivity of navigation bar is certainly better than default. As I hacked it to be better. Have you tried?

4) I use standard camera that comes with Cyanogenmod

5) Settings button in gallery - you probably mean the three dot overlay settings button. You can enable it in Settings / System / Hardware keys

6) I agree tablet mode is not well tuned - I dedicated time to more important issues than tuning of Tablet UI (since it is probably not used by many users and has the least priority for me). Those who use it can tweak it as they like. It would be perfect to share the final config so it could be added as default. Contributions from users in any form are always welcome (as they save me some work and time)

7) Separate levels for sounds - you can set the behaviour in Settings / Sound (to unlink sliders)

That's all for now that I thought was maybe important for you to know.

A majority of other features you mention will come in the near future.

Guest Franck Black

C3C0 forgive me... but I do not understand how there are people who complain about the great work that you do?

The truth that many appreciate his altruistic and selfless work and enjoy its rom's...

I understand that criticism is constructive... but also would that be reflexive...

Best regards