Swap of /sdcard (internal) and /sdcard2 (external) possible?

Guest gambieter

Guest gambieter

I have the DUO with the Superstock ROM (http://www.modaco.com/topic/359366-rom-superstock-build-1/, root etc), and have bought CoPilot Live Europe thanks to the News article here. Now the CoPilot maps for the whole of Europe are 2.0 GB, and unfortunately the program will not write to the external SD-card, but only to the internal memory of 1.6 GB. Yep, too small. Also, Link2SD will only move apps to there, not to the external SD-card.

After some searching I found several topics on the web suggesting editing vfold.stab to swap the two (like http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716166 and http://blog.t-kstore.com/how-to-make-microsd-sd-card-as-phone-storage-in-mtk-6573-mtk-6575-mtk6577-phones/), have done that, but that doesn't change anything.

Mounts2SD and S2e don't help either. Any thoughts on how these can be swapped? I have looked in the Ascend G300 section as well, as the "problem" is there as well, but no fun so far. Any help would be appreciated :)

Guest gambieter

Forgot to say I tried that one, and that actually refused to install, and after trying this, both the SD-card and internal storage were gone...

Guest gambieter

Solved it. I guess the ROM used does not have init.d scripting enabled by default. After I enabled init.d scripting with the app in this XDA-topic and verified it to be enabled, then suddenly the two drives were swapped and I have the space needed for my apps and data, with many more GB available :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest rincage

Have rooted my phone and done the init.d hack. Can you post your vold.fstab file? I'm thinking of not even mounting the internal 1.6GB so I just have the real internal memory and my real 32Gb SDcard. But I was wondering, is there a way to repartition the phone so that the internal 1.6GB gets merged with the real internal memory of the phone? Any ideas?

Edited by rincage

Guest rincage

Done it myself now.

This is the original vold.fstab file under /etc

## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab

## - San Mehat ([email protected])

##

#######################

## Regular device mount

##

## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>

## label - Label for the volume

## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted

## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.

## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices

######################

## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host

## Example of a dual card setup

# dev_mount left_sdcard /mnt/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0

# dev_mount right_sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.2/mmc_host/mmc2

## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts

# dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

Here is the modifed vold.fstab file I used. Basically it changes things so it doesn't mount the internal sdcard at all (commented the line out). I don't see the point as my real SDCard is more than large enough. It then mounts the real sdcard as the only sdcard in the phone. Strangely though the phone then sees this as "USB storage" rather than an SDCard. Albeit it as 32GB rather than the 1.6GB internal storage.

## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab

## - San Mehat ([email protected])

##

#######################

## Regular device mount

##

## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>

## label - Label for the volume

## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted

## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.

## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices

######################

## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device

# dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host

## Example of a dual card setup

# dev_mount left_sdcard /mnt/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0

# dev_mount right_sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.2/mmc_host/mmc2

## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts

# dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

Edited by rincage