Just bought myself an HTC One S!

Guest richardw1992

Guest richardw1992

Picked it up unlocked and brand spanking new off of Amazon for just short of £250, seems like a bit of a steal at that price when compared to similar hardware spec'd phones, plus I get a standard years warranty on faults and Amazons helpful customer care return service if anything does go wrong. So I am feeling like its money well spent at the moment.

I am currently a ZTE Blade (OSF) user, I still have my trusty blade running Jelly bean 4.2.1 atm! I was so impressed with the development support on this forum taking it from 2.1 Eclair out the box all the way up to Jelly bean today, I have been there every step of the way and has made this phone still usable when stacking up against today's modern giants. But alas, it was time for me to finally upgrade.

I see there is already development in this device! And a very handy how to root thread so hopefully lots of ROMs will follow!

Anyway, that is me basically saying hello, and a great big thank you in advance to all of you who have contributed to the development of this device, and the ' How To's ' as I will eagerly be reading them waiting for my phone to arrive in the post!

Congratulations man Iam also looking forward to get this device, but in India the Scorpion S3 edition is being sold, and if buy that I dont expect I will be getting any custom ROM support, so my decision is still hanging....please if you could suggest me of any worthy device of the One S price range, I will be very thankful. Cheers..... :-) . by the way I am also a ZTE Blade user :-P ......brother !

Edited by Zade

Guest richardw1992

If you cannot get your hands on the S4 version then personally I wouldn't bother, the Krait architecture is way way better than the older Scorpion generation, plus it features GPU updates resulting in vastly improved graphics too. Clock speed is not everything!

My device arrived this afternoon, bit disappointed to find it came with ICS and I don't seem to be eligible for the Jelly Bean update yet? Perhaps it hasn't reached the UK... Either way I hope to have a custom rom on it soon!

If you can hold out, for the same price as my One S, I would recommend waiting for the Nexus 4 to come back in stock, 720p screen, quad core Krait CPU, Adreno 320 GPU, its pretty much the best you can buy right now! Until we start seeing the Tegra 4 and Snapdragon S800 CPUs in phones, but that will be a few months more at least ;)

Starting to go off topic now, but I only just read about the S800 Snapdragons being released today, but this really is ground breaking stuff, and most surely marks the crossover point from mobile CPUs and desktop CPUs. I mean sure this thing isn't going to be competing against any Intel Core i7s, but 4 cores clocked at 2.3GHz and Adreno 330 with twice the performance of the already supposedly "PS3 standard" 320, this thing sure is more powerful than my laptop! An interesting read here: http://www.geek.com/...e-chip-2013018/

EDIT: Just found out I have an S3 version! Model number: Z560e I am absolutely furious with Amazon, as they advertised it as having a 1.5GHz dual core, hence S4. More time wasted.... Its going straight back :(

Edited by richardw1992