Mobile Update

Guest MrPuddington

Guest Simon O

I thought a new ICS was due since they have been developing the ICS roms on the test site until the start of December when it stopped. The last few updates were very very minor as well so I bet this new rom has gone for QA testing.

It does fix some silly issues though and it's where I got the updated libhoudini from. I hope they fixed some other compatibility issues like Adobe Air, iPlayer etc.

• 2 months later...
Guest glossywhite

so far all ota update i have downloaded have there boot.img and recovery.img signed

so xolo has a new 237mb update coming

same for the russian phone

but no jelly bean

I'd be very dubious about ANY "update" containing 2, 3 and 7 ...

Haven't we just got rid of GingerBread? ;) :P

Guest TimusEravan

it patches

recovery

boot

fastboot

and patches /system

and its dated 29 jan 2012 lol

and I downloaded it already 370.dat

is there a xolo x500?

Yes there is x500 running Intel atom @1.2 ghz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest techosdkid

I contacted Orange today , through the Orange Online Chat and I asked them, when will the Orange San Diego receive the Jelly Bean 4.1/4.2 Update and they replied, that a date has been planned for the first week, of next month,

but they haven't been informed 100% when it will come out.

Could this be true ?

post-1010367-0-35894300-1367059118_thumb

Edited by techosdkid

Guest markhuges

I contacted Orange today , through the Orange Online Chat and I asked them, when will the Orange San Diego receive the Jelly Bean 4.1/4.2 Update and they replied, that a date has been planned for the first week, of next month,

but they haven't been informed 100% when it will come out.

Could this be true ?

I doubt it, but did you call that number? which they gave?

Guest techosdkid

Are you planning to? I dont think Orange will tell us,

Well you could try, but I'm not certainly going to try, There customer service is quite bad at times.

Guest manishmalikkvs

what is the result of the update?

acc. Xolo care this update is for network boost or stability which is usually Complaint by the use . plus nfc features of x900 is improved.

Guest markhuges

Well you could try, but I'm not certainly going to try, There customer service is quite bad at times.

Is that the number fore Orange Customer Service? If so Forget it! and Dont bother! Doubt they will give anything helpful

Guest xolo x900_2

To be honest, I don't know if its the customer service number, I'm just guessing

Please call and see... There is no harm in it... :-P

Guest xolo x900_2

Guys after the update there is a new option in the nfc function... :-D I think it now allows us to transfer pictures and stuff....

Guest xolo x900_2

Then too please call and see if the time lines are correct then most probably we can taste jelly bean next week... As xolo is soon to release the same...

Guest techosdkid

Then too please call and see if the time lines are correct then most probably we can taste jelly bean next week... As xolo is soon to release the same...

I've been on hold for just over 10 minutes now, and ended the call as a result. Can you try if your able to get through ?

Guest xolo x900_2

it patches

recovery

boot

fastboot

and patches /system

and its dated 29 jan 2012 lol

and I downloaded it already 370.dat

is there a xolo x500?

Ricky is it possible to compile a jb 4.2.2 rom with the gb kernel as it had a good camera driver and also the driver part that provided the quality of pictures in ics??? If so if we can leak the signing key can we make the rom using the jb image from Intel sites???

Guest BlueMoonRising

Ricky is it possible to compile a jb 4.2.2 rom with the gb kernel as it had a good camera driver and also the driver part that provided the quality of pictures in ics??? If so if we can leak the signing key can we make the rom using the jb image from Intel sites???

Ricky is no longer working on the OSD(he broke his) but I believe none of what you suggest is possible anyway.