Could You Modify a Update file? and remove things direct from it?

Guest markhuges

Guest markhuges

So, i downloaded the ICS XOLO Update and i decided to take a look and see whats init.

So my questions is From the picture below As you can see, Useless apps e.g like Social Gallery are there

1) Now, what happens if I Extract the zip file,

2) Simply delete the Apps installation files from there (Social Galary APK and odex file

3) Then RE Zip the Update file and then update it on my phone?

Would this work? since with computer installation files if a file is missing the option is to skip it- not sure about android.

In Android installation im guessing it installs the files from the APP folder, now if the apps are there surely if we can remove them they will be skipped? right or noo?

Have i uncovered something new :P.

Thank You :): D

post-990622-0-18980400-1357897760_thumb.

Edited by markhuges

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm not an expert but since we are bootloader locked all usable update files are digitally signed, if you alter the zip that would break the signature and would not install(or possibly just brick your phone).

Since we do have root access however you can root and delete any apps you please which would achieve the same outcome.

So no, you haven't discovered something new, you didn't really think that people like Ricky and the rest of the devs on here hadn't thought of that?

Guest markhuges

I'm not an expert but since we are bootloader locked all usable update files are digitally signed, if you alter the zip that would break the signature and would not install(or possibly just brick your phone).

Since we do have root access however you can root and delete any apps you please which would achieve the same outcome.

So no, you haven't discovered something new, you didn't really think that people like Ricky and the rest of the devs on here hadn't thought of that?

Ahh, Thank you for clearing that up! Im no expert in android! Ahh, much is dependent on the bootloader! Dam Intel or Orange when will they give it to us - Its early morning thought i had a special moment :P But Thanks! Gald i didnt try it :P

Thanks! Close or Lock now