ZTE Skate/OMC Major f*** up

Guest danp1710

Guest danp1710

Okay, so a friend of mine has tried to do something to his phone and it is no longer working. It boots into the little green android man, then goes into the standard Orange bootscreen, then keeps looping that. I've tried putting it in FTM mode but if I try and do that then it just hangs on the little android man and has a red light on the back arrow. He has asked me to fix it because he has no idea what he is doing, but I've got no idea what he's done. Can anyone let me know something that I can do to fix this? It's really bizzare! O.o

Guest omegavesko

Okay, so a friend of mine has tried to do something to his phone and it is no longer working. It boots into the little green android man, then goes into the standard Orange bootscreen, then keeps looping that. I've tried putting it in FTM mode but if I try and do that then it just hangs on the little android man and has a red light on the back arrow. He has asked me to fix it because he has no idea what he is doing, but I've got no idea what he's done. Can anyone let me know something that I can do to fix this? It's really bizzare! O.o

As long as it actually turns on, I'm sure you can just flash a TPT to get it back to normal. Put either a stock TPT or a custom one on the root on the SD card (it should be a folder called 'image') and turn it on while holding volume up and menu (the middle button).

Guest danp1710

Thanks, but when I do the volume up and middle key thing it just goes into the Orange bootscreen, and I don't really know how to flash things onto it. It isn't detected on the computer anyway, it just comes up that it malfunctioned and cannot be recognised

Guest razzmataz1478
Thanks, but when I do the volume up and middle key thing it just goes into the Orange bootscreen, and I don't really know how to flash things onto it. It isn't detected on the computer anyway, it just comes up that it malfunctioned and cannot be recognised

Screenshot device manager

Guest omegavesko

Download and install USB drivers for phone, then follow the instructions for flashing CWM and custom ROM from this forum.

This. Specifically, you need the "ZTE Handset Driver" installer. It's fairly easy to find. You also need the Google USB drivers.

Edited by omegavesko