[ROM][20.1] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

How to install:

1. Copy Aurora-Borealis-RLSx.zip to your phone's sdcard
  2. Boot into ClockWorkMod recovery
  3. Make a nandroid backup of your previous ROM: backup & restore -> backup
  4. Install ROM: install .zip from sdcard -> choose .zip from sdcard -> Aurora-Borealis-RLSx.zip
  5. wipe data & factory reset (!)
  6. reboot now

hey buddy i need the stock rom for zte blade 3 ...i forgot to backup! So can u upload it for me ? Thanks alot if u do

Guest nasty000

First of all, I would like to thank KonstaT for his work on roms for all the ZTE devices. I've used many of them.

Second, I have had a wierd problem with this rom on two diffrent devices. All of the sudden the date & time flips out (it automatically changed to 2012-02-18 and wrong time). Does anybody else have this problem, or knows how to fix it?

Guest KonstaT

Second, I have had a wierd problem with this rom on two diffrent devices. All of the sudden the date & time flips out (it automatically changed to 2012-02-18 and wrong time). Does anybody else have this problem, or knows how to fix it?

Are you sure didn't mean 2012-02-16 08:00. ;) That's where ZTE resets time on every reboot (see /system/bin/settime.sh). Don't ask me why, and didn't change the behaviour either. I noticed this but never really had any issues with it.

Have you selected 'Automatic date & time' under Date & time settings?

Guest nasty000

Are you sure didn't mean 2012-02-16 08:00. ;) That's where ZTE resets time on every reboot (see /system/bin/settime.sh). Don't ask me why, and didn't change the behaviour either. I noticed this but never really had any issues with it.

Have you selected 'Automatic date & time' under Date & time settings?

Yeah, that was it. Haha, that's a wierd behaviour. I noticed I had 'Automatic date & time' checked under Date & time settings, but since the date was waaay of, I didn't think that was the problem. But evidently I was wrong. :)

EDIT:

Just tried rebooting a ZTE III device with stock rom with 'Automatic date & time' and 'Automatic timezone' checked, but the date & time didn't reset. So it seems something is wrong. Otherwise thank you for an excellent rom. I hate ZTE's customizations. :)

Edited by nasty000

Guest kernell

Hi,

I'm relatively new at this, so please cut me a litle slack:

I bought my girl the ZTE Skate Acqua (tmn a15), but the stock rom is way slow.

So, when I was looking for root, clockworkmod and custom roms I found this on your signature:

ZTE Blade III & ZTE Acqua:

CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.2) - ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.7

Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

So, my question is, after install recovery on her Acqua can I just flash this "Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)" as it is via recovery or is there some changes to be made before compiling and flashing?

Thanks in advance

P.S.: By the way, Great Work!!! Keep on going!!!

Edited by kernell

Guest KonstaT

Hi,

I'm relatively new at this, so please cut me a litle slack:

I bought my girl the ZTE Skate Acqua (tmn a15), but the stock rom is way slow.

So, when I was looking for root, clockworkmod and custom roms I found this on your signature:

ZTE Blade III & ZTE Acqua:

CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.2) - ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.7

Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

So, my question is, after install recovery on her Acqua can I just flash this "Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)" as it is via recovery or is there some changes to be made before compiling and flashing?

Thanks in advance

P.S.: By the way, Great Work!!! Keep on going!!!

Just follow the instructions on the second post (don't forget to make a nandroid backup).

Camera flash won't work in Acqua with this ROM but I posted a fix that you need to flash after installing the ROM.

Guest kernell

Just follow the instructions on the second post (don't forget to make a nandroid backup).

Camera flash won't work in Acqua with this ROM but I posted a fix that you need to flash after installing the ROM.

Thank you very much, I'll give it a try and get back to you.

Guest kernell

Hi,

One more thing, I'm still exploring the thread with the camera fix that you gave me, and I've found that there is a fix for the proximity sensor problem: Is it already included in the rom in the first post or I have to flash it afterwards?

P.S:I'm not sure if I'm beeing clear, my english is a litle rusty.

Guest KonstaT

Hi,

One more thing, I'm still exploring the thread with the camera fix that you gave me, and I've found that there is a fix for the proximity sensor problem: Is it already included in the rom in the first post or I have to flash it afterwards?

P.S:I'm not sure if I'm beeing clear, my english is a litle rusty.

Hmm, not sure what you mean. There's no proximity issues with this ROM afaik. You're probably mistaking it with CyanogenMod 10 which is a completely different ROM.

The camera flash fix isn't actually made for this ROM (it was made for CM10) but it should work here as well.

Guest kernell

Hmm, not sure what you mean. There's no proximity issues with this ROM afaik. You're probably mistaking it with CyanogenMod 10 which is a completely different ROM.

The camera flash fix isn't actually made for this ROM (it was made for CM10) but it should work here as well.

Ok, sorry, you're right, my mistake. And the wifi problem is with the CM10 rom too, right?

Thank you.

I just want to make sure that everyhing goes smoothly with no problem, before I will give it a try.

Edited by kernell

Guest Veselinnn

KonstaT

Yes, I have a log dualsim applied thereto. [ROM] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4) has started with a working network and dualsim and ZTE Aqcua. The site has two branches 4pda.ru http://4pda.ru/forum...67194&st=2160�� http://4pda.ru/forum...=412078&st=640. Here, a full description of devices and firmware. Thanks for the help! I'd like to get your cyanogenmod-10.

2013-02-20-18-48-42.txt

Edited by Veselinnn

Dear KonstaT !

Your rom is great, but i have a small problem :

settings>wi-fi>advanced wi-fi>keep wi-fi on during sleep > never, increase data usage < - not work, wi-fi always connected when telephone is sleep.

Please fix this.

Best Regards

Edited by kk75

Guest KonstaT

Dear KonstaT !

Your rom is great, but i have a small problem :

settings>wi-fi>advanced wi-fi>keep wi-fi on during sleep > never, increase data usage < - not work, wi-fi always connected when telephone is sleep.

Please fix this.

Best Regards

Ask ZTE to fix it. ;) I haven't changed any behaviour, this is based on a ZTE stock ROM.

Just a tiny bug I found, but it can be fixed easily. The Message icon on the homescreen icon row doesn't work (you will get the error message "app isn't installed"). Just remove it and drag in the SMS icon from the app list to replace it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SnowblindFIN

The rom is really good and all but i have one question:

Is there a circle battery mod available? Like i had one on ZTE Blade @ Swedish Snow RLS7.

Guest KonstaT

the kernel download link provided is for the custom kernel of aurora borealis ???

What, where? This ROM comes with a custom kernel by default. Kernel add-on in the first post is a stock kernel (kernel that your device was sold with - no overclocking support etc).

The rom is really good and all but i have one question:

Is there a circle battery mod available? Like i had one on ZTE Blade @ Swedish Snow RLS7.

You can easily make all kinds of theming mods in UOT Kitchen.

Guest przemvelbenny

Add-ons:

Aurora-Borealis-Stock-Kernel.zip (just in case)

http://www.mediafire...x139tqjveobb51n

md5:038fc490091480b6e50c393debe7976a

Hi,

This is my first post here. I read that this kernel is not ready to OC. Any chance to get from you link to kernel (zip) that provides OC and works with stock ROM?

What I mean: I got stock ROM (branded), rooted and i wish to get OC possibility through SetCPU. Would be great to get a zip update to install stock kernel with OC possobility through CWM :) If the kernel from your Aurora Borealis mod will do the thing, any chance to get it separately as zip? I mean this one:

Kernel:
  • overclock support (up to 1,267 GHz)
  • cpu governors: savagedzen, interactivex, smartassv2, ondemand, etc
  • i/o schedulers: noop, cfq, bfq, vr and sio
  • swap, cifs, zram, ksm, etc

Kernel source

OC is the only feature that i need in the stock kernel. I'd made it by myself, bu I have no clue about building kernels :/ Thanks!

Edited by przemvelbenny