[ROM][20.1] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Does chainfire 3D work on this ROM?

How about searching for some information or testing it yourself if that's something that you need?

Quick Google search, first hit is link to Chainfire 3D on Play Shop. There it very clearly states:

!! For Froyo and Gingerbread ONLY. NOT COMPATIBLE with Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean !!

You can also see that the development was abandoned years ago...

Guest plantroon

This ROM should be updated. The newest official ROM from ZTE has some issues fixed. For example, you can notice quite slow/laggy scrolling in the app switcher which doesn't occur in the newest Blade 3 official ROM. Also, APEX launcher isn't any better choice than the default ZTE launcher because it's commercial crap and consumes too much memory. I use Smart launcher though (it looks sweet&smooth and has very low memory consumption, apps are divided into categories and it doesn't take as long time to open as other launchers do)

Guest plantroon

By 'newest', you mean unbranded B11? Because i see no speed difference myself.

That appswitcher is laggy in this aurora ROM and in the one the phone came with. I didn't experience this in the latest official ROM ... it's only the appswitcher xD

Guest KonstaT

Is there plan for updates or adding Croatian language?

Hi man,

italian language miss in this ROM :(

how can I fix this?

please konstat can you make croatian language support for this rom?

This:

Try morelocale 2 from google play

Guest KonstaT

This ROM should be updated. The newest official ROM from ZTE has some issues fixed. For example, you can notice quite slow/laggy scrolling in the app switcher which doesn't occur in the newest Blade 3 official ROM. Also, APEX launcher isn't any better choice than the default ZTE launcher because it's commercial crap and consumes too much memory. I use Smart launcher though (it looks sweet&smooth and has very low memory consumption, apps are divided into categories and it doesn't take as long time to open as other launchers do)

I've already been through this with you. Seriously, lose the attitude or you can gtfo as far I'm concerned. You are in no position to make any demands or tell what needs to be done. Stop the f*cking whining and do something yourself for a change!

This ROM is based on the B10 release and it will always stay that way. Basing it to a newer release (B11 isn't even the latest btw) would mean starting again from the scratch and doing all the work all over again. Afaik there's nothing 'fixed' in the newer ZTE ROMs and there most certainly is nothing that would justify starting over. It simply isn't worth it.

I'm not using this ROM (and I don't even have any interest in using this) so I can guarantee there won't be any updates. I won't make another stock based ROM until if/when there's a stock Jelly Bean available.

If you don't like Apex launcher, install some other launcher from the Play Shop. It really can't be that difficult...

Guest dRJoker4o0

Hello! I have 1,2 questions.

1. How to set my custom sound for phone call sound?

2. Why in Galery when i market some picture i can't delete him?

Thanks! Best regards!

Guest fleky

1. How to set my custom sound for phone call sound?

copy the sound file into the media/audio/ringtones folder on the sdcard.

• 1 month later...
Guest mimmo89

good morning since only this rom works fine on my device, you can add the language in Italian, I have already used mirolocale2 but does not translate everything. thanks to all

Guest peetu20

This is amazing ROM fastest of them all,and would love to see the update for this one

Cheers :D

This rom isnt supported at all. Just use cm10 or cm10.1.

And what there would be to update? This rom is just fine as it is.

Guest bamdad

This rom isnt supported at all. Just use cm10 or cm10.1.

And what there would be to update? This rom is just fine as it is.

well, since stock-based roms don't have the speedstep-related reboot bug, and konstat stated he's not planning on updating this, i'm planning on doing something similar *if* there's ever going to be an official jellybean update. but yeah, this is pretty much great as it is.

Edited by bamdad

Guest peetu20

well, since stock-based roms don't have the speedstep-related reboot bug, and konstat stated he's not planning on updating this, i'm planning on doing something similar *if* there's ever going to be an official jellybean update. but yeah, this is pretty much great as it is.

Blade III will not get JB update, I am pretty sure. Manufacturers doesnt like to support cheap and crappy phones, with 512mb RAM. And we do not need official JB, because we have fully working cm10. Users who have problems with cm10 and greater roms, are different case then. But, if some Blade III phones cant "handle" (Have problems) with JB roms, why should ZTE then release JB update, if it doesnt work fine on all Blades? Of course, maybe guys who have problems with JB roms, may have some kind of different hardware...

Guest bamdad

Blade III will not get JB update, I am pretty sure. Manufacturers doesnt like to support cheap and crappy phones, with 512mb RAM. And we do not need official JB, because we have fully working cm10. Users who have problems with cm10 and greater roms, are different case then. But, if some Blade III phones cant "handle" (Have problems) with JB roms, why should ZTE then release JB update, if it doesnt work fine on all Blades? Of course, maybe guys who have problems with JB roms, may have some kind of different hardware...

you're right about manufacturers abandoning their phones, even not so crappy ones. but since half of the folks (including me) have a problem with cm10/10.1 *and* hjanos's cm9 (blue screens, restarts etc.) and *none* whatsoever with stock-based roms, it seems reasonable to assume that something is not quite right in at the kernel level. that's why i'm crossing my fingers and hoping for an official jb update - which, as you correctly stated, is not too likely to happen.

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, of course I'm going to make another stock based ROM if there's an update to Jelly Bean. It's just not worth doing it with ICS.

Of course we all want and need official JB! We need 3.4 kernel (actually just the source code would be enough ;)) and we need camera proprietaries that utilize ION memory allocator. Lack of ION is keeping us from using the latest drivers.

Sony Xperia J and LG L5/7 have similar specs and official JB. There's no reason why ZTE couldn't update if they wanted to.

Guest peetu20

Yeah, of course I'm going to make another stock based ROM if there's an update to Jelly Bean. It's just not worth doing it with ICS.

Of course we all want and need official JB! We need 3.4 kernel (actually just the source code would be enough ;)) and we need camera proprietaries that utilize ION memory allocator. Lack of ION is keeping us from using the latest drivers.

Sony Xperia J and LG L5/7 have similar specs and official JB. There's no reason why ZTE couldn't update if they wanted to.

The reason why zte doesnt release update, is that they want us to buy new and better phone to get jellybean ;).

Thats why zte stock ics is so slow, if zte would, they could turn on hw-acceleration, and hups, phone would be like new.

Of course it would be amazing to get 3.4 kernel

Guest KonstaT

The reason why zte doesnt release update, is that they want us to buy new and better phone to get jellybean ;).

Thats why zte stock ics is so slow, if zte would, they could turn on hw-acceleration, and hups, phone would be like new.

Of course it would be amazing to get 3.4 kernel

And which ZTE device with Jelly Bean should we exactly buy here in Finland (or in most of the other European countries for that matter)? :P Doesn't sound like a very good plan. ;) But yeah, 100€ entry level device is easily replaceable and most regular users don't care if it ever gets an update or not.

Huh, what? So now there's no hardware accleration in stock ICS? I wonder if you have any idea what you're talking about...

Guest peetu20

And which ZTE device with Jelly Bean should we exactly buy here in Finland (or in most of the other European countries for that matter)? :P Doesn't sound like a very good plan. ;) But yeah, 100€ entry level device is easily replaceable and most regular users don't care if it ever gets an update or not.

Huh, what? So now there's no hardware accleration in stock ICS? I wonder if you have any idea what you're talking about...

I havent took much look at this, but I dont think that we have many ZTE jb-devices here. I have just seen Blades(1,2,3) and skate was sold here some times ago.

But at all, cheap device=crappy device.

I cant say why cannot manufacturers give us the best perfomance, I think the reason is that they want you to buy better phone. I wouldnt be heathy for business, if they sell us device, which costs 100e, and the 300e device isnt much faster. Then there wouldnt be reason to buy the 300 costing one :P (I dont even have reason to buy device which cost more than 200e, because I have never used stock roms more than 2 hours)

I dont say that Aurora Borealis doesnt have hw-accelerated UI, but the real stock rom, it really cant have hw-accelerated UI. Stock is about slower than my old trusty Blade with cm7 :P

Edited by peetu20