[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Guest elrond_bs

No, you will have to recompile system .apk-s. I also didn't like them at all, but I got used to them and now they seem OK to me. :P

Guest lcf80

Btw. daemond how about adding DONATE button to first post? Both you and KonstaT doing great job, and that might be easy way for people to say "thanks!" for your effort :).

Edited by lcf80

Guest mitchde

i had to revert to 18/02 build because with this new build i have same audio breaks (like scratches, hickups) on the mp3 . samething happens with konstat 10.1 roms ( maybe its the new drivers?) :\

That can happen with all ROMs - from CM7 to CM10.1 if you set the CPU MIN MHz below the default 245 MHz, like 125 MHz will produce that short audio hangs / breaks.

Also ondemand insted of smartassV2 can sometimes (some mp3 codes) produce little audio hangs / breaks in the first seconds of playing the title.

Guest lunario

That can happen with all ROMs - from CM7 to CM10.1 if you set the CPU MIN MHz below the default 245 MHz, like 125 MHz will produce that short audio hangs / breaks.

Also ondemand insted of smartassV2 can sometimes (some mp3 codes) produce little audio hangs / breaks in the first seconds of playing the title.

well never had that problem and i ive always have min cpu set to 122 and smartass2 and audio in deamond roms till 18/02 play audio flawlwessy but perhaps with new drivers we must put min cpu to 245 mhz ive oonly had same prob with konstat 10.1 roms before

Guest gmeier

Sorry, lunario, I was totally unclear in my post. I downloaded and installes both, the ROM and gapps. Anyway, I can't find the apps in my running system. Installation of gapps went fine, at least it finished without complaining.

Guest lunario

that is wierd you have at least 160mb system partition ? if so try to reflash rom wipe data, cache, format system and install again

Guest kogos

look in applications, and also look in your root system folder... if you can find gapps and related apk there, and if it's a clean fresh install, log on with your google account. I remember once on a clean install i was trying to find google play, and it only came visible when i created my google account (to sync contacts). Maybe that's your case too.

Guest grigorin

First time since CM7.2 that I tried a newer version for my precious blade. I have to say it is really nice and smooth. GPS, youtube, WLAN, etc all working. FM radio is fine aswell (a bit buggy sometimes, but useable)

Great thanks for all people involved in developing this rom.

What me bothers a bit is, that i am not able to view livestreams (eg. twitch.tv) or other flash videos anymore. On my CM 7.2 i had 3 possibilities to watch twitch.tv, which unfortunately all dont work anymore:

- native twitch.tv app: CM 7.2 a/v used to get out of synch - now only a audio snippet at the beginning then nothing

- flash player (11.0.1.152, arm v6 version) in browser: CM 7.2 low fps but otherwise fine - now no flash plugin detected by browser

- skyfire: CM 7.2 worked fine - now media error 100 : 0 after initial buffering

Has maybe anybody already found a way to watch flash streams on CM 10?

Greetings

Guest lcf80

One thing I've really missed here in this nearly perfect ROM was alarm clock app coming with 4.2.2, so... I've spent some time and here's flashable zip with it, for those who want it (for Android 4.1.x devices, only - don't try applying it to older versions):

Android4.2.2_Clock_lcf.zip

It's based on 4.2 zip by gnufabio, just replaced apk with one retrieved from Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 factory image (learned some basics about simg2img, baksmali, and smali in the process - apk+odex version didn't work). Original apk coming with 4.2 by gnufabio had broken countdown layout when displayed on our WVGA Blade screen (last digit was cut).

Installation step-by-step:

1. Clear old clock app data: Settings -> Apps -> All -> Clock -> Clear data.

2. Use root explorer app (ES File Explorer worked for me) and remove (backup first) old clock app (it comes as system/app/DeskClock.apk in CM10).

3. Reboot to recovery, flash the zip, reboot.

Tested on my own Blade with CM10, but it may work with any other Android 4.1.x device, too - no native code or Blade-specific changes inside.

Edited by lcf80

Guest ds-driver

High,

Great ROM...

The only real problem I have, is that when switching off Bluetooth, i can´t switch it on later without rebooting...

Has anyone an idea for this "ugly" problem ?

greetings

P.

One thing I've really missed here in this nearly perfect ROM was alarm clock app coming with 4.2.2, so... I've spent some time and here's flashable zip with it, for those who want it (for Android 4.1.x devices, only - don't try applying it to older versions):

Yeah, the new Desk Clock app is great, and I'm using it, too. However, unfortunately it doesn't work without issues here. The digital clock widget crashes.

Edited by Guest

Guest lcf80

Yeah, the new Desk Clock app is great, and I'm using it, too. However, unfortunately it doesn't work without issues here. The digital clock widget crashes.

Thx for reporting - I've used just analog version myself, so didn't notice that. Looked at logcat when adding digital clock widget and there is reference to TextClock (API level 17) in digital version. Will try to do real backport based on 4.2.2 DeskClock sources (not just odex deodexing) later on, and let you know when it's done.

Edited by lcf80

Guest Mihai Enea

Hi guys,

Any idea why the battery runs out from 100% to 25% in 10h(over night with absolutely no usage) ?

I disabled background sync, google now and still...

Guest leripe

check what is draining it on the battery stats? have you recently updated some app? i remember that some viber version made the phone drain the battery. also full wipe and check again.

Guest ace j. ventura

Hi guys,

Any idea why the battery runs out from 100% to 25% in 10h(over night with absolutely no usage) ?

I disabled background sync, google now and still...

Your Blade doesn't go to deepsleep state. Check what keeps it awake.

Guest Mihai Enea

check what is draining it on the battery stats? have you recently updated some app? i remember that some viber version made the phone drain the battery. also full wipe and check again.

I flashed the rom(wipe cache/dalvik before and after), installed my apps(that I use on JB 4.2.2) and after 10h ...almost no battery.

Guest Mihai Enea

Your Blade doesn't go to deepsleep state. Check what keeps it awake.

The sad part is that the phone went into deep sleep(at least that's why it shows me in battery info)

Guest lcf80

I flashed the rom(wipe cache/dalvik before and after), installed my apps(that I use on JB 4.2.2) and after 10h ...almost no battery.

Maybe check those apps - suppose you've got some that required WAKE_LOCK permission and don't release the wake lock. You can see active wake locks using "adb shell dumpsys power" command, you should see something like that:

mLocks.size=4:

SCREEN_DIM_WAKE_LOCK 'StayOnWhilePluggedIn Screen Dim' activated (minState=1, uid=1000, pid=189)

PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK 'StayOnWhilePluggedIn Partial' activated (minState=0, uid=1000, pid=189)

SCREEN_BRIGHT_WAKE_LOCK 'KEEP_SCREEN_ON_FLAG' activated (minState=3, uid=1000, pid=189)

PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK 'AudioOut_1' activated (minState=0, uid=1013, pid=113)

Edited by lcf80

Guest leripe

you can also test deep sleep by pressing any other button than power when screen is off, if the phone wakes up - it doesnt sleep.