[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Guest peetu20

offline maps is still there in the new maps version, luckily :)

great you will maybe do an update daemond!

(is there a possibility to add halo? ;))

Cm10 is Cm10, Halo is ParanoidAndroid feature(and RootBox feature too) so, just install Paranoid Android, based on cm10.

Guest globe

Then you can merge it yourself, just build cm10.

okay, if I knew how to do it I already did it :)

but I will try, challenge accepted ;)

Guest sam tyler

for help with the master key bug download master key dual fix and blue box security apps(both free) from play store.(blue box tells you if you have the master key bug(s) ) in the dual key app there is a link to xda for the patch to sort the bug(s) out. here is a direct link to xda for xposed installer app which sorts the bug(s) out. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1574401 download the third file its an app(phone must be rooted by the way! ) do what it says,reboot, use the blue box security app to see if you have been patched(also tells you if you have the bug)(also check the dual key one as well and thats it.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest khadu

where can i get the gapps package for this rom????? :huh:

Moreover , home button isn't working in this rom :blink: ,neither the hardware button nor the nav bar home button ,and there is no lockscreen as well ,(it is set on slide)

[ i am coming from cm 10.1 by konsta t and did a complete wipe before flashing this one]

Edited by khadu

Guest KonstaT

Moreover , home button isn't working in this rom :blink: ,neither the hardware button nor the nav bar home button ,and there is no lockscreen as well ,(it is set on slide)

[ i am coming from cm 10.1 by konsta t and did a complete wipe before flashing this one]

Of course all that stuff is working in this ROM!

You didn't either format /system partition or installed gapps package for the wrong Android version.

Guest peetu20

where can i get the gapps package for this rom????? :huh:

Yes, because you havent installed gapps! Cm10 roms doesnt work properly without gapps: no locksceen, no home key..

You can get gapps from the OP.

Guest KonstaT

Yes, because you havent installed gapps! Cm10 roms doesnt work properly without gapps: no locksceen, no home key..

You can get gapps from the OP.

All CyanogenMod ROMs (CM7/CM9/CM10/CM10.1) work perfectly fine without Google apps. There is no need for Google experience (or Google spyware as tinfoil hatters claim :P) if you don't want it. Lockscreen, home button, etc work fine without. Problems occur only if you install the wrong gapps package (or don't format /system when coming from a ROM that had gapps because of the gapps backup script).

No, you can't get gapps from the first post because the link is dead. You can easily find the package though.

Guest khadu

All CyanogenMod ROMs (CM7/CM9/CM10/CM10.1) work perfectly fine without Google apps. There is no need for Google experience (or Google spyware as tinfoil hatters claim :P) if you don't want it. Lockscreen, home button, etc work fine without. Problems occur only if you install the wrong gapps package (or don't format /system when coming from a ROM that had gapps because of the gapps backup script).

No, you can't get gapps from the first post because the link is dead. You can easily find the package though.

Thank You Sir for providing the link...... although i have flashed alot of roms without gapps ,that work fine, this one actually didn't.

all that i mentioned was not working earlier, started working after flashing the gapps package and no , i didn't flash any wrong gapps package( i just flashed the rom)

Anyways , thanks alot for your help.

Edited by khadu

Guest barbecos

Hey guys, im having an issue here,

My wifi stopped working out of nothing, any idea why?

Cant turn it "on" or "off", it just doesen't work!

I've rebooted the phone and nothing...!

Guest elrond_bs

Try wiping everything (backup your important information and contacts before that) and reinstall the ROM. If this doesn't help, then it's not the ROM, but a hardware problem.

Guest barbecos

well i was avoiding to wipe everything but eventually i really had to do it and now everything's working fine again.

Thumbs up!!

TY for the tip elrond_bs

Guest Pierreism

Ok my mysterious wifi problems seem to have gotten more frequent recently and I have no idea why. Does anyone else's wifi just freeze sometimes when turning either off/on? No process I shut down seems to stop it; I have to reboot the phone constantly.

Guest zeekzar

Well... my Blade died :unsure:

The power button died a few months ago and later it broke and disappeared.

Later, the headphone jack went nuts and I could not listen to almost any sound, so no audio on the go.

A few days ago the screen cracked... and it was it... the dying one finally died.

Bought an Optimus Madrid aka Alcatel OT-995 and it is my phone now.

So... with that said... I will stop following this post a few days from now.

Thanks to you all... You are a great community.

Special thanks to KonstaT, deamond, Tial and elrond_bs...

AND KEEP THOSE BLADES ROCKIN' :D

Guest ilopez85

@daemond

Are you still planning a "final" version?, I only ask out of curiosity, do not intend to create controversy.

Edited by ilopez85

• 2 weeks later...

@daemond

Are you still planning a "final" version?, I only ask out of curiosity, do not intend to create controversy.

It would be nice to know if any new updates will come or not.

Edited by Pofka

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hexfire

Hi. First of all, thanks allot for all the work. I'm using CM 10.1 for a few days now and everything works great.

Well almost everything, which brought me here.

The hardware buttons backlight only stays on for a few seconds and its a bit irritating at night. Is there a way to make it last longer or just have it on all the time when screen is turned on? I only found a way to disable the backlight completely.

Guest KonstaT

Hi. First of all, thanks allot for all the work. I'm using CM 10.1 for a few days now and everything works great.

Well almost everything, which brought me here.

The hardware buttons backlight only stays on for a few seconds and its a bit irritating at night. Is there a way to make it last longer or just have it on all the time when screen is turned on? I only found a way to disable the backlight completely.

So, lets get this straight. You're running CM10.1 on your Blade III and you decided to post your question to a CM10 thread for the original Blade? This is a completely different ROM for a completely different device. :D

Guest Hexfire

So, lets get this straight. You're running CM10.1 on your Blade III and you decided to post your question to a CM10 thread for the original Blade? This is a completely different ROM for a completely different device. :D

Yeah mistake. Will post in the appropriate place. My bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I searched the thread for the buttons backlight issue (mine remains on after shut the screen off) and I found a few posts, but from what I read I'm not sure, is there a solution for this or not?

Thanks.

Edited by hal9k

The SD Card becomes inaccessible after it is used as a mass storage device (through USB) and disconnected from my computer.

The files are correctly copied, but after I unplug the USB, the phone cannot access the SD Card anymore... rebooting won't work because the phone will freeze, only removing the battery works.

It looks as if the SD Card can not be remounted to the phone after it is unmounted from the computer. Apps that don't access the SD Card will keep working. Apparently the rebooting process needs access to the SD Card, so rebooting will only "work" by removing the battery.

This only happens after I copied (big) files through USB, charging through USB will work correctly.

I don't know if this is a problem of the phone, the SD Card or this ROM.

Edited by eric3

Guest Fizziebaunz

The SD Card becomes inaccessible after it is used as a mass storage device (through USB) and disconnected from my computer.

The files are correctly copied, but after I unplug the USB, the phone cannot access the SD Card anymore... rebooting won't work because the phone will freeze, only removing the battery works.

It looks as if the SD Card can not be remounted to the phone after it is unmounted from the computer. Apps that don't access the SD Card will keep working. Apparently the rebooting process needs access to the SD Card, so rebooting will only "work" by removing the battery.

This only happens after I copied (big) files through USB, charging through USB will work correctly.

I don't know if this is a problem of the phone, the SD Card or this ROM.

Why can't you just use CM 10.1 much more stable.... and moving files is fine... remounting works okay... no freezes or something.... used it to move files with 100MB and had no problems... Do you have ext partition??