[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Definitely keep it off. This never worked well for me, many apps have graphical glitches with forced GPU rendering. Now that 16bpp surfaces are enabled again, software rendering is noticeably faster and there's not much speedup to be seen from GPU rendering (usually).

The Adreno 200 in MSM7x27 SoCs is nice because it supports OpenGL ES 2.0 (in fact, it was the first mobile GPU capable of GLES 2.0), but apart from that, it is unfortunately very slow. :( The fillrate is a joke - it probably was designed for low-res (i.e. 480x320) displays.

Can u give the link to the cm10 quicksetting hack guide in xda?

couldnt find the guide...

but he has posted the systemui.apk...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2070893

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762162

check whether its of any help...

there may be guide somewhere too...search for it

see if this guy guide is of any use

http://forum.xda-developers.com/search.php?searchid=136262672

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1289896

Guest ajjjjjjjjj

daemond, can we use 4.2 camera app? I''m asking because in 4.2 we can set jpeg quality: super which reduces lot of compression glitches from images.

For example: photo taken by <4.2 camera: 1mb, photo taken by 4.2 camera: 2mb and noticeably higher detail.

Guest deksman2

Definitely keep it off. This never worked well for me, many apps have graphical glitches with forced GPU rendering. Now that 16bpp surfaces are enabled again, software rendering is noticeably faster and there's not much speedup to be seen from GPU rendering (usually).

The Adreno 200 in MSM7x27 SoCs is nice because it supports OpenGL ES 2.0 (in fact, it was the first mobile GPU capable of GLES 2.0), but apart from that, it is unfortunately very slow. :( The fillrate is a joke - it probably was designed for low-res (i.e. 480x320) displays.

For the applications I'm using, ticking 'Force GPU rendering' produces better (smoother) results in scrolling (and its not just a placebo - seeing how there's a visible difference between software mode stutter and gpu smoother rendering).

I don't seem to notice any problems such as graphical glitches.

Guest peetu20

Hmm, looks difficult to port qss to cm10, because there is no guide anywhere, and i dont understand smali/java(yes, i can edit smali, but i need ready made guide, what to change...), so looks bit unpossible, for me

+1 to deksman2,

Palmary weather, Sygic Navigation works faster.

Maybe I'm simply using the wrong set of apps. I have just one that works a little bit better with forced GPU rendering (the Tagesschau app), others have glitches or are slower. The question remains why the developers of these apps did not enable GPU rendering if it indeed works fine.

daemond, can we use 4.2 camera app? I''m asking because in 4.2 we can set jpeg quality: super which reduces lot of compression glitches from images.

For example: photo taken by <4.2 camera: 1mb, photo taken by 4.2 camera: 2mb and noticeably higher detail.

You can copy over app/Gallery2.apk and lib/libjni_mosaic.so from the January 20th build to get the 4.2 camera back. I'll enable it again after panorama glitches have been fixed. That said, I find it hard to believe that there is a noticeable quality improvementm, the Blade's camera is very bad.

daemond it is a good rom but i am getting a problem pls make this rom stable....i am getting problem regarding the status bar its getting corrupt and messed up....

have you made a full wipe and tried again?

no wipe - no whine.

Guest elrond_bs

daemond it is a good rom but i am getting a problem pls make this rom stable....i am getting problem regarding the status bar its getting corrupt and messed up....

This ROM is stable. It's not a new ROM, but updated version of KonstaT's CM10 ROM, which is very stable. Do as leripe said, also format system.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest 陰莖:)

This ROM is every good and table. You must do a factory reset.

No wipe, no wine.

Guest ajjjjjjjjj

Thanks daemond,

Camera sucks but with decent light source it quite OK. Maybe I'll show the difference between compresion levels in next few days.

Guest sam tyler

the blade I'm using at the moment has a 5m.p. camera(rbm1) and I have a San Francisco 3 m.p.) both are using this ROM and yes picture is better with the 2 extra m.p.'s .and is a lot clearer. had no problems with camera apk yet.

Guest 222nobrak

Welcome.

Rom is great !! but I question whether it is possible to run voice search or typing text messages using your voice in this rom?

I noticed that the sound profile I always shifts the sound plus vibration despite the change in the only sound

Battery life and other things are ok :)

From CM7 to CM 10.1 :)

Guest KonstaT

@daemond

I noticed little something while playing with my new toy. :P On Android 4.2 surfaceflinger reports vsync period that it gets from fb HAL. This is from my Blade running CM10.1.

W/SurfaceFlinger( 99): getting VSYNC period from fb HAL: 21739130[/CODE]

That translates to 46 Hz.

On my other device I get solid 16666666 -> 60 Hz. Any idea what's up with that?

Edit. I just tested the previous fake vsync and got [b]exactly[/b] the same result, so I guess it's not an issue with your kernel implementation. Looks like that vsync period reporting isn't accurate at all but it's still strange.

Guest monstrmprz

Hello.

I have the following problems:

The home button doesn't do anything, I have a lockscreen mechanism set but there is no lock (eg. no swipe or pattern required to unlock), the browser crashes/closes as soon as I open it and google play displays an error.

I did a full wipe.

Guest sergiuv

the blade I'm using at the moment has a 5m.p. camera(rbm1) and I have a San Francisco 3 m.p.) both are using this ROM and yes picture is better with the 2 extra m.p.'s .and is a lot clearer. had no problems with camera apk yet.

I also got a 5 MP camera. But I'm not happy with the video. I can see half of frames overallping previous ones. Is it just my phone ? I didn't noticed anyone complaining and I tried 3 ROMS ... Thanks.

Guest KRoman47

I confirm that bad quality picture from camera app of 29.1. build, at first time I was shocked, Blade have poor camera but not that much. Pictures are 1/4 size (high compression) of previous pictures. So I include camera app and libjni_mosaic.so from previous build and pictures are fine now.

Guest sam tyler

I also got a 5 MP camera. But I'm not happy with the video. I can see half of frames overallping previous ones. Is it just my phone ? I didn't noticed anyone complaining and I tried 3 ROMS ... Thanks.

never used the video cam so far,just did a quick test (20 second clip)i did noticed the the frames shifting to one side,maybe because this ROM is based with an apk for a 3 m.p phone? i also noticed that if i didn't move the phone around fast,the shifting stopped or happened infrequently i did a reboot,but it still did it.maybe if someone has the original camera apk or if the a standard zte blade ROM(with 5 m.p.camera ) is available i did check list for ROM with 5 m.p even the rbm1 rom from here http://www.modaco.co...k-roms/���� but i could not see it.as i said i think the camera app on this ROM was made just for a 3 m.p. camera.but strange that it detect that my phone is a 5 m.p.(in photo mode) could KonstaT or daemond offer any advice? Edited by sam tyler

@daemond

I noticed little something while playing with my new toy. :P On Android 4.2 surfaceflinger reports vsync period that it gets from fb HAL. This is from my Blade running CM10.1.

W/SurfaceFlinger( 99): getting VSYNC period from fb HAL: 21739130[/CODE]

That translates to 46 Hz.

On my other device I get solid 16666666 -> 60 Hz. Any idea what's up with that?

I already noticed this earlier when implementing vsync events, there's a funny glitch with the Blade's display: on boot up, the refresh rate is just ~46 Hz. If turned off and then on again, the display reinitializes to the correct rate of 61 Hz. It's easy to test with this app. Probably there's something off in the framebuffer driver...