Orange Return & Refund

Guest MrPuddington

Guest MrPuddington

I returned an OSD, and I just got my refund for the phone, but they still have the 10 pounds for the credit. Do I have to ask for that separately? Does anybody know how to contact Orange now?

Guest Simon O

Credit isn't refundable on returned PAYG phones, no matter which network. You can try getting it back but you'll be wasting money on the phone trying to :(

Guest MrPuddington

Credit isn't refundable on returned PAYG phones, no matter which network. You can try getting it back but you'll be wasting money on the phone trying to :(

How so? If it was sold separately, I could understand that, but it was sold as a package, and I sent the whole package back. Anyway, I never got the credit, and I sent the SIM card back, so shall I just ask my credit card company to refund it?

Guest geoff1951

I ordered one online to be collected from local store, and cancelled before it got to the store (if one ever actually got into the system). Got my £99 back on my credit card account within a week, but not the £10.

Ripoff, and yet another reason to leave Orange when contract finishes.

Can anyone else remember when it was a good company to do business with? My memory is fading fast.

Guest MrPuddington

Can anyone else remember when it was a good company to do business with? My memory is fading fast.

Orange was never a good company to do business with, but they are not keeping my 10 pounds. I will let you know how it goes.

Having worked for them as a contactor several times.... Good luck with that.

Contract would be a different thing, but as far as PAYG credit goes.... Not a hope, they'll let you chase them through the courts if you like but you'd be talking a civil case and the first solicitors letter will cost you more than a tenner.

You might have some success with your credit card company, but it's them who'll take the hit (against mechant insurance).

Guest Pondlife
Got my £99 back on my credit card account within a week, but not the £10.

If you think the others would be any better in that regard I think you are fooling yourself.

Guest BlueMoonRising

If you think the others would be any better in that regard I think you are fooling yourself.

Have to agree there, once they've got you under contract or your money for the shiny new toy on PAYG that's it, all good customer service is right out of the window regardless of the company. I'll stick with Orange just for the 500MB data allowance for the 12 months and then maybe jump to Virgin or T-Mobile(sort of, depends if they exist as such) just to keep on the network with the biggest range.

Guest MrPuddington
Have to agree there, once they've got you under contract or your money for the shiny new toy on PAYG that's it, all good customer service is right out of the window regardless of the company. I'll stick with Orange just for the 500MB data allowance for the 12 months

How do you get that, btw? I agree that the networks are all kind of the same - I tend to prefer VMNOs - the service may not be any better, but the price is.

And Orange said they cannot refund the 10 pound, but I should be able to transfer it. That's not great, but it should count towards the 20 pounds I need for unlocking anyway.

Guest BlueMoonRising

How do you get that, btw? I agree that the networks are all kind of the same - I tend to prefer VMNOs - the service may not be any better, but the price is.

And Orange said they cannot refund the 10 pound, but I should be able to transfer it. That's not great, but it should count towards the 20 pounds I need for unlocking anyway.

If you mean the 500MB data allowance(on PAYG by the way) it came with the phone even though I was already with them.

Guest geoff1951

Evening all!

No, I'm not fooling myself that the others will be any better, but I've just had enough of Orange over the past year or so.

Think I'll give someone else a chance to mess me about! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Biohead

I was in this same situation. Sent one back and only got the phone cost refunded. After some chasing about, I managed to get through to a CS rep who understood what my issue was and went about trying to transfer the credit... it never happened surprisingly enough.

Since then, I've had a nice exchange with the CEO team detailing how many conversations I've had to go through and how many times I've been "promised" it'll go through this time and just how much of a faff-about it's been. The result is that on top of the £10 I bought with the phone, I've got the additional £10 that came with the other phone and an extra £10 as means of compensation. So that's the unlock paid for and an extra £9 of credit or so to use up.