Blank screen after installing Chainfire3D EGL Driver

Guest Athiril

Guest Athiril

Got a U9510, D Quad.

Worked great, rooted easily. Installed Chainfire 3D, was all fine. Uninstall as decided I dont need it.

Then stupidly decided to try reinstall and try Beta EGL driver after browsing and finding some EGL level support.

Now the screen is blank, no lights, and I want to cry.

Plug in via USB still shows up as Android device etc.

I dont know how to pull the battery on this phone, it's not easily accessible, I took the screws out of the back plate and tried to lift up the plate but couldn't see how to do it, so just put the screws back in.

Also it's new, so no SD card yet, internal only.

USB Setting is default to storage device, but internal doesn't show up on that setting, it does on MTP.

What steps to recovery?

Edited by Athiril

Guest Athiril

Most similar issue I've found is this, but only seems like the same symptoms, not same cause:

http://forum.xda-dev.....php?t=2081388

No mention of EGL, and I had no problems with Chainfire until I tried EGL.

Anyway to uninstall the driver over USB? And anyone know how to get the backplate off without damage to pull the battery?

I don't have anything critical on the phone storage I can't replace easily, have flashed roms before etc, but prefer to recover/undo if possible. And again with the storage issue, how would I gain access to the internal storage without the screen on?

edit: The removable disk drive shows up for the SD card (but obviously inaccessible since no microSD in phone), but I'm poor till wednesday night, so cant go out and get a microSD to attempt a fix yet.

HiSuite can't connect to the phone (HiSuite USB mode needs to be turned on OR USB debugging, debugging is) so I presume the phone is not in a fully powered on state running the OS (unable to start graphics driver etc).

edit2: The manual states if I want to change the battery to contact an authorised service provider (!), but can hold the power button for more than 10 seconds to force a restart (but I wonder if that will work in its current state?)

Here is my logcat - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?leujjpn8lmk4c8g

Edited by Athiril

• 1 year later...
Guest TwistedUmbrella

Most similar issue I've found is this, but only seems like the same symptoms, not same cause:

http://forum.xda-dev.....php?t=2081388

No mention of EGL, and I had no problems with Chainfire until I tried EGL.

Anyway to uninstall the driver over USB? And anyone know how to get the backplate off without damage to pull the battery?

I don't have anything critical on the phone storage I can't replace easily, have flashed roms before etc, but prefer to recover/undo if possible. And again with the storage issue, how would I gain access to the internal storage without the screen on?

edit: The removable disk drive shows up for the SD card (but obviously inaccessible since no microSD in phone), but I'm poor till wednesday night, so cant go out and get a microSD to attempt a fix yet.

HiSuite can't connect to the phone (HiSuite USB mode needs to be turned on OR USB debugging, debugging is) so I presume the phone is not in a fully powered on state running the OS (unable to start graphics driver etc).

edit2: The manual states if I want to change the battery to contact an authorised service provider (!), but can hold the power button for more than 10 seconds to force a restart (but I wonder if that will work in its current state?)

Here is my logcat - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?leujjpn8lmk4c8g

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.DELETE -d package:<your app package>

adb shell pm uninstall <your app package>

adb uninstall <your app package>

Pick your poison. User, system, remote.

Edited by TwistedUmbrella