ZTE Skate - HELP WITH FULL PROCEDURE!!

Guest snooped

Guest snooped

Guys I simply want to remove my stupid Orange branded OS and install new ROM! Now I saw that i need to do it with root/flash/CWM etc. But I never saw organized topic about that. Also this such important to me FAQ about the root (for beginner) is obviously gone and no one seems to have it rePosted.. So please be kind and help me, I DON'T STAND THIS STUPID ROM! It's bugged like hell.. even hell is not that bugged up.. so please ladies and gentleman, explain here or in a new thread how to do the full procedure of root/flash/install and so on. Lots of thanks in advance for the one who is willing to help :)

If you want custom ROM, you don't need to root.

You need cwm + I suppose you also want to repartition to get more internal memory.

The quickest way is to get tpt helper from play store and flash one of tpt images. This will give you cwm and repartitioned memory. If you want to go way of backing up your original ROM and installing cwm, hold on. I have the process described somewhere on the forum I'll try to find it.

This guide will help you to

1) Make a backup of stock rom

2) flash clockworkmod (will replace stock recovery)

After that it depends what rom you want to install.

You can start with stock partition layout or you can decide to do repartitioning first.

If you decide for stock layout you just use the clockworkmod recovery you installed to flash custom rom.

You don't need to root since custom roms are already rooted.

If you want to repartition, the steps would be:

1) choose your custom rom and find out the minimum size of system partition it needs to run

2) use tpt helper from playstore to repartition according to ROM requirements

Guest snooped

Well I guess that it would be better to not install custom ROM.. I guess.. I need to change the performance of the telephone. Also I would like to try ICS on Skate.. I wanna see if It's going to change the performance and is it going to work well on my phone.. If not then I will try other roms that are 2.3.x . But the biggest question here is how can i know which ROM is custom? I mean there are lots of ROMs here.. ?!

Custom are all of those made/tweaked by users (like ones youcan see in my signature)

Stock rom is the one that comes with the device when you buy it. So basically, all of the roms on this forum are ccustom...

Guest omegavesko

Well I guess that it would be better to not install custom ROM.. I guess.. I need to change the performance of the telephone. Also I would like to try ICS on Skate.. I wanna see if It's going to change the performance and is it going to work well on my phone.. If not then I will try other roms that are 2.3.x . But the biggest question here is how can i know which ROM is custom? I mean there are lots of ROMs here.. ?!

All ROMs other than than the one your phone came with are 'custom'.

Guest snooped

OK! That sounds great! Well I guess I will try the first way to do the things, without rooting. I'm starting now. Hope everything will be fine.. I RLY HOPE because I don't have a cd with drivers for Skate.. lost my box somewhere and now I don't have nothing with it.. :D Aaand starting, let's see what will happen :)

Guest omegavesko

OK! That sounds great! Well I guess I will try the first way to do the things, without rooting. I'm starting now. Hope everything will be fine.. I RLY HOPE because I don't have a cd with drivers for Skate.. lost my box somewhere and now I don't have nothing with it.. :D Aaand starting, let's see what will happen :)

Doesn't come with a CD, pretty sure the phone installs the drivers itself.

Also, you can find the drivers easily. Just Google for 'ZTE Handset Drivers'.

Guest snooped

Ye i know that :) Now the problem is that I'm searching for TPT Helper but i have no wi-fi at the moment.. I hope there is somewhere where i can download it thru PC

Guest snooped

OK I'm STUCK! I am done with the TPT helper but now I haven't downloaded ROM and I'm stuck at CWM Recovery.. How can I abort this so I can enter the SD Card through the phone and upload on it some ROM to try ?!

Guest omegavesko
OK I'm STUCK! I am done with the TPT helper but now I haven't downloaded ROM and I'm stuck at CWM Recovery.. How can I abort this so I can enter the SD Card through the phone and upload on it some ROM to try ?!

You can't abort it, if you're in CWM, the phone has already been wiped.

The recovery should let you mount your SD card through USB. Try mounts and storage.

Guest snooped

WHEW! I forgot that I'm the biggest hacker ever to be on this planet.. :D I made it :) Now I'm on the loading screen aaaannnnndddd...Hmm it's takin' lots of time to load but I guess that's normall since it's first time to load.. Aaand here it is :) I'm wellcome :) I installed this Paranoid Jelly 4.1.2 the one that C3C0 made. Let's try it out :)