What about an updated froyo rom?

Guest natostanco

Guest natostanco

Talking about the A1 (256mb ram):

Considering the differencies between gb and froyo I really think the ram usage of gb roms despite tweaked is not worth the features it has to offer over froyo.

Since cm9 really offers poor multitasking if not absent (and swap is never going to replace ram), and I would not even consider an option to look foward to a cm10, I think that looking backward to a cm6, with updated kernel with svs governors and all the stuff current gingerbread roms have is probably the best choice for liquid A1 users. All imho ofc

What do you think?

Guest FabTheZen

I thought i was already registered, because it's 2 years I hang around in this forum! However I'd like to see a new good ROM for our device, but from what I read, this was the last community with A1/E devs, however devs are all changing phones so nobody will be left developing for them. Would froyo be compatible with modern apps?

Guest DethWraith

Would froyo be compatible with modern apps?

I believe it's up to the app developers to continue supporting the older versions of Android. Some do, but some don't. The main reason I went with CM9 on my Liquid E was for compatibility. I'd check the apps you use the most to see if they're compatible. If so, it should be fine for you to continue using Froyo.