[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, I don't have access to the backups directly, only the server itself does. All of the CM builds will be restored soon.

Thanks,I'll install the 24th may and then just ota after that :)

Guest Dazzozo

Jenkins is live again, nightly and weekly builds are being processed because they were missed.

Additionally, weekly builds now build every week regardless of changes. Probably less confusing that way.

Guest stevewhite1

With the nightlies, is there anywhere I can find the change logs?

p.s. Thanks for all your work, didn't expect anything this good when I first bought this phone :D

Guest jugoslav

great ROM, thanks a lot.

Original Huawei File Manager 3.1.59 form ICS cannot see (view) external SD card.

Huawei File Manager was great because under file name of an apk you could see application version, so you can see which version are installing, anyone missing that?

Is there any solution?

is there any file manager/explorer in which i can see version number of an apk?

thx

Guest SyrupDErable

Try Solid Explorer, it's great.

For accessing apk version details, there's also the main app of fx (File Explorer) but people should always remember there's a cost for everything -- if we had "best of breed" apps in the ROM, with all possible features, there'd probably be room for very little else on the phone -- the "stock" File Manager is 700k -- sure apk version numbers are missing, as it is from some of the "big names" -- Astro, ES, Xplore all lack this feature. Solid Explorer is not a small app (4.4Mb), compared to the "stock" file manager, nor is it"free" -- costing a (relatively) small amount after the initial 14-day trial is over -- this feature IS available in a (money) free app fx, though for the full features of this app you'll have to pay more than for Solid Explorer -- so I regret that the stock app doesn't have this feature, but I can get it elsewhere,should i wish to lose the 8-10x+ times amount of free RAM taken up by the stock app -- losing that free memory as part of the cost of the app.

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest krishang3

Right, so I found out an issue.

It seems when you install Chainfire3d drivers and reboot, you potentially brick your phone.

I'm an quite confused, on why this happens.

Guest SyrupDErable

Right, so I found out an issue.

It seems when you install Chainfire3d drivers and reboot, you potentially brick your phone.

I'm an quite confused, on why this happens.

is this rubbish the product of private messages?

-- even a superficial reading of the description of the Chainfire3D app on the Play Store addresses this question

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest frenchdroid

Sorry to do this. My daughter is asking me for a new ROM for her G300. Is this 10.1 OK for daily use ? I have a version for my Arc and it works great as a daily but I wasn't sure about this one.

I checked Dazzozo's notes but seems like I need to read 140 pages if I want to find out for sure.

Any advice much appreciated.

Guest samjam

Mine often does not ring for calls and often reboots. I think this may be due to how I unlocked it. I think I need to factory restore entirely so that the boot loader is locked and then unlock with a code. I haven't worked out how to do this.

My understanding is that if you unlock with a code then you may get more success. Otherwise don't

Edited by samjam

Sorry to do this. My daughter is asking me for a new ROM for her G300. Is this 10.1 OK for daily use ? I have a version for my Arc and it works great as a daily but I wasn't sure about this one.

I checked Dazzozo's notes but seems like I need to read 140 pages if I want to find out for sure.

Any advice much appreciated.

The most stable rom out there would be ICS (slim version). I am using cm10.1 as a daily but it has it's bugs. For a girl just go with ics, she won't notice anything

Guest SyrupDErable

The most stable rom out there would be ICS (slim version). I am using cm10.1 as a daily but it has it's bugs. For a girl just go with ics, she won't notice anything

that's good advice -- ya beat me to it -- first ask: what do I want this for -- if answer is 90% use just as a phone, use ics -- it'll have more battery life than this one, but "overall" it's an excellent ROM imho -- but, ultimately, for what purpose(s)?

Guest jugoslav

For accessing apk version details, there's also the main app of fx (File Explorer) but people should always remember there's a cost for everything -- if we had "best of breed" apps in the ROM, with all possible features, there'd probably be room for very little else on the phone -- the "stock" File Manager is 700k -- sure apk version numbers are missing, as it is from some of the "big names" -- Astro, ES, Xplore all lack this feature. Solid Explorer is not a small app (4.4Mb), compared to the "stock" file manager, nor is it"free" -- costing a (relatively) small amount after the initial 14-day trial is over -- this feature IS available in a (money) free app fx, though for the full features of this app you'll have to pay more than for Solid Explorer -- so I regret that the stock app doesn't have this feature, but I can get it elsewhere,should i wish to lose the 8-10x+ times amount of free RAM taken up by the stock app -- losing that free memory as part of the cost of the app.

thanks a lot for such detailed explanation

Guest jugoslav

Is there any solution for mounting internal storage, storage/sdcard0, its empty and/or inaccessible and i know i have some files on it.

Also i cannot see it on my pc running w8.

I reinstalled ROM and separately installed all my programs again with nandroid backup.

My conclusion is that when i install something from Google Play Market sdcard0 becomes inaccessible.

For me its not important how and when it happens.

I tried with:

su

# echo mkdir /storage/sdcard0 >/data/local/userinit.sh

# chmod 700 /data/local/userinit.sh

# reboot

but no help.

someone suggested:

backup your data in your external sdcard, bott into recovery >> mount and storage >> format external sdcard, reboot and try to force the error --> int. & ext. should mount as expected, copy your data back to your external sdcard, reboot and try to force the error again --> int. & ext. should mount as expected

but i didn't tried it because i don't know what "force the error" means.

also this didnt help:

1. Boot into CWM Recovery

2. Select Mounts/Storage

3. Mount sdcard.

4. Go back to main menu.

5. Select Advanced.

6. Fix permissions

7. Go back to main menu.

8. Reboot system.

any solutions?

Edited by jugoslav

Guest jugoslav

to get USB Computer Connection you need to go to System settings > storage and then to click on options, on the top of right corner (3 squares).

I don't have them!!!!!!

whats wrong?

thanks

edit: oooooooooooooooooo, fund it, just press menu button (4 lines on the lower left corner above screen)

Edited by jugoslav

Guest SyrupDErable

are there some battery mods for this ROM or any other way to change battery icon?

thanks

are there some battery mods for this ROM or any other way to change battery icon?

thanks

heaps of third party apps -- ZDbox has one I like, but there are HEAPS