[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest kyan31
Right, so I found out an issue.

It seems when you install Chainfire3d drivers and reboot, you potentially brick your phone.

I'm an quite confused, on why this happens.

Chainfire is not compatible with JB.

Guest SyrupDErable

thanks a lot for such detailed explanation

further -- X-plore is MY default file manager, and as a new addition to features, the dev has added the ability to check the version of an apk on your SD card -- you folks are the second in the world to get this addition (only "just now" developed -- only just NOW made public!)

X-plore is generally regarded as an excellent file manager -- rating as 4.7 on the Play Market --

imo better landscape performance than Solid Explorer -- and with such dev responsiveness I'd have to say it deserves the full 5* -- all at an unbeatable price compared to Solid Explorer and fx!!!

(and remarkably small size in internal memory!)

download from here:

https://mega.co.nz/#...-FAqbBqlZs0oOZE

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest jugoslav

heaps of third party apps -- ZDbox has one I like, but there are HEAPS

Please, how to do it with ZDbox, its task killer?

I want to replace battery icon in statusbar, like battery mod did.

Can you mention some more apps?

thanks

Edited by jugoslav

Guest jugoslav

further -- X-plore is MY default file manager, and as a new addition to features, the dev has added the ability to check the version of an apk on your SD card -- you folks are the second in the world to get this addition (only "just now" developed -- only just NOW made public!)

X-plore is generally regarded as an excellent file manager -- rating as 4.7 on the Play Market --

imo better landscape performance than Solid Explorer -- and with such dev responsiveness I'd have to say it deserves the full 5* -- all at an unbeatable price compared to Solid Explorer and fx!!!

(and remarkably small size in internal memory!)

download from here:

https://mega.co.nz/#...-FAqbBqlZs0oOZE

thanks a lot

Guest SyrupDErable

Please, how to do it with ZDbox, its task killer?

Can you mention some more apps?

thanks

in ZDbox go to Settingss > Notifications and choose battery ZDbox is free

but Battery Booster from iMobLife has a choice of several -- for my old tired eyes, however, ZDBox is clearest

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=imoblife.batterybooster&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImltb2JsaWZlLmJhdHRlcnlib29zdGVyIl0.

Guest Titas

i'll try it

thanks

I think those apps add their own battery notification. If you want to replace the icon there are inbuilt options - settings/ system/ status bar/ battery status style

Guest jugoslav

I think those apps add their own battery notification. If you want to replace the icon there are inbuilt options - settings/ system/ status bar/ battery status style

thanks, I know that

just want to add / replace some other icons

is it possible?

Guest jugoslav

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS HOW TO RESTORE INTERNAL SD or MOUNT IT, just to see it on file explorer and on PC

AM I ALONE WITH IT?

SO I'M THE MOST STUPID PERSON WITH G300.

Guest SyrupDErable

thanks, I know that

just want to add / replace some other icons

is it possible?

again, it depends on "what" other icons -- as has been suggested -check out system/status bar

and I realise about the system settings, but for some reason I can't get "circle with percentage" to show the percentage ("bug"???), and that's something I want

-- small matter, personal preference, I like the other things ZDBox can do as well -- I think All-in-one also provides battery, and other icons, but, all in all, it's a matter of knowing of all the possible options and then making your choice -- many would say ZDBox is also something you can get through other means -- it's just an app I'm used to, like it compared to others, and have been using it for a long time now, before I started experimenting with ROMs so much

Guest SyrupDErable

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS HOW TO RESTORE INTERNAL SD or MOUNT IT, just to see it on file explorer and on PC

AM I ALONE WITH IT?

SO I'M THE MOST STUPID PERSON WITH G300.

Sorry, I've neither had that problem myself before, nor seen it referred to -- and I tend to learn from experience, and reading --

so I'm leaving it to someone else to answer that question

you're not "stupid", merely encountering something you haven't learned YET

Guest SyrupDErable

Sorry, I've neither had that problem myself before, nor seen it referred to -- and I tend to learn from experience, and reading --

have you done a Google Search for this problem?

I note it seems to be a problem frequently searched (automatic completion in search bar when started), including with CM10.1 on some phones:

https://www.google.co.nz/#output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=android+mount+internal+sd+card&oq=android+mount+internal+&gs_l=hp.1.2.0l7j0i22i30l3.5193.10344.1.17480.23.17.0.6.6.2.326.4497.2-16j1.17.0...0.0...1c.1.17.hp.WJ8yy7WBRa8&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48293060,d.aGc&fp=c3cfede1bb20378a&biw=1025&bih=478

Guest frenchdroid

@MrDjibrilo @SyrupDErable @samjam Thanks very much for the advice. She wants the ROM to do everything apart from using Bluetooth. I have a version of JB that runs on my Arc - it isn't 100% but I can use it as a daily ROM no problem. I was just wondering if this version of JB for the G300 is the same i.e. not 100% but works fine for daily use.

Guest SyrupDErable

@MrDjibrilo @SyrupDErable @samjam Thanks very much for the advice. She wants the ROM to do everything apart from using Bluetooth. I have a version of JB that runs on my Arc - it isn't 100% but I can use it as a daily ROM no problem. I was just wondering if this version of JB for the G300 is the same i.e. not 100% but works fine for daily use.

I think the general opinion, which you've "already gotten" is that for everyday use it's a very good ROM (thanks, again, Dazz!!)

also see here:

Guest szornyu

I tried the HwLauncher 6 it force closed.

Is there any solution for that?

Problem solved, its working:

Edited by szornyu

Guest jugoslav

thanks

I am stupid because only i have that problem, and it happens no meter what i do and how i do it, again and again.

simply mnt/emmc somehow disappears during time

i didn't noticed when and why, just disappears in one moment

for example now there is no mnt/emmc folder but i can see internal 2gb SD card, but suddenly internal SD disappears

since i cannot resolve it I'm moving to another ROM

cheers

thanks to all repliers

Edited by jugoslav

Guest DVC64

jugoslav: I've same problem every time when I upgrade CM ROM. But you can just connect phone to the PC and turn on USB mass storage (wait to appear new 2 discs on PC), thereafter disconnect USB. You have to do this procedure twice. After that internal SD reappears.

Guest SyrupDErable

After official bootloader unlock and 24h in the 20130622 all seems ok.

Thanks a lot ! ! ! !

apart from the fact that it's been a "long while" since there's been a change log, so why would one bother to update?

Guest SyrupDErable

I jump directly from a b952 4.0 to CM10.1 20130622

Others attempts without official unlock was very unstable (not for the rom)

must admit I never went down that path, but bought one via the app on the Play Store -- never had any problems with that either

but I meant -- the "rest of us" know nothing about recent changes, if any, in the "nightly"

Guest soulhand

For quite a while now, my perception has been that the phone is running really slowing (I'm running a nightly from a week or so back ,but it's been the same for several versions).

I have accounted for the G300 being a low end phone, I think! It still seems too slow. So I'd like to know what others are experiencing.

For instance, it can take 30 seconds to show a message in GMail (long enough for the phone screen to turn off), even a plain text email. It can take that long to show the home screen after pressing the home button.

Is this normal for this ROM? I like having JB because some apps require it for their newest features, but the performance is getting a right pain. I can (and probably will) install an ICS version to see if that's better but I wanted to check there's nothing obvious I've done wrong.

I have quite a number of apps installed (but none standout as taking a lot of battery so I assume also are not consuming most of the CPU), but in general nothing else is tweaked, I've not changed CPU speed etc.

I've got to the version I have from one of the early releases + a lot of OTA upgrades. If re-installing from scratch is likely to fix things, I'm OK to do that.

Guest SyrupDErable

For quite a while now, my perception has been that the phone is running really slowing (I'm running a nightly from a week or so back ,but it's been the same for several versions).

I have accounted for the G300 being a low end phone, I think! It still seems too slow. So I'd like to know what others are experiencing.

For instance, it can take 30 seconds to show a message in GMail (long enough for the phone screen to turn off), even a plain text email. It can take that long to show the home screen after pressing the home button.

Is this normal for this ROM? I like having JB because some apps require it for their newest features, but the performance is getting a right pain. I can (and probably will) install an ICS version to see if that's better but I wanted to check there's nothing obvious I've done wrong.

I have quite a number of apps installed (but none standout as taking a lot of battery so I assume also are not consuming most of the CPU), but in general nothing else is tweaked, I've not changed CPU speed etc.

I've got to the version I have from one of the early releases + a lot of OTA upgrades. If re-installing from scratch is likely to fix things, I'm OK to do that.

I, too, have had that "gut feel" but that's all it is -- I've not kept any logs or performance measures -- then again, I'm talking specifically about changes in this ROM, not in comparison to other ROMs as you are, but it seems to have happened after a particular nightly, but I didn't keep a record of it so don't know precisely which one, but I think it was the last but three -- I haven't upgraded to 0622, and missed a couple before that -- missing changelogs since didn't know if there was any need (some of the recent changes have involved mostly changes in provision for non-English language ROMs). Then again, I"ve an old Huawei Sonic, which, with 2.3.7--benru89-v4 is AGONISINGLY slow and the CM10.1-R4Nightly is "blisteringly fast" in comparison, so for the G300 I'm very pleased. It's well known that ICS IS much faster than JB (generally, I think) as well as accompanied by better battery life.

Don't know why OTA upgrades would be associated with poorer performance, and the "changes" I noticed are probably more due to changes in the ROM itself, or to the apps installed -- some are set to auto-install, so this latter has to be considered a possibillity.

MAX perforrmance and battery life are likely from an ICS rather than JB ROM, but of course would be without the advances of JB features.

Guest SyrupDErable

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest SyrupDErable

I, too, have had that "gut feel" but that's all it is -- I've not kept any logs or performance measures -- then again, I'm talking specifically about changes in this ROM, not in comparison to other ROMs as you are, but it seems to have happened after a particular nightly, but I didn't keep a record of it so don't know precisely which one, but I think it was the last but three -- I haven't upgraded to 0622, and missed a couple before that -- missing changelogs since didn't know if there was any need (some of the recent changes have involved mostly changes in provision for non-English language ROMs). Then again, I"ve an old Huawei Sonic, which, with 2.3.7--benru89-v4 is AGONISINGLY slow and the CM10.1-R4Nightly is "blisteringly fast" in comparison, so for the G300 I'm very pleased. It's well known that ICS IS much faster than JB (generally, I think) as well as accompanied by better battery life.

Don't know why OTA upgrades would be associated with poorer performance, and the "changes" I noticed are probably more due to changes in the ROM itself, or to the apps installed -- some are set to auto-install, so this latter has to be considered a possibillity.

MAX perforrmance and battery life are likely from an ICS rather than JB ROM, but of course would be without the advances of JB features.

I've also got a Samsung GS3 with stock ICS whose performance is much much better, but there are so many differences in hardware, the comparisons are probably "irrelevant" to considerations of ROM alone.