[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Titas

Wow! Past experience made me suspect that you would be on the case but this is quicker than I had dared hope for! Daz, thanks yet again for all your work

Guest SyrupDErable

Wow,that's absolutely awesome, Daz, you're a legend.

Sorry to do anything to "rain on your parade", BUT

what will it "mean" for this forum??

Will a new forum with a different title be set up to follow the new ROM? or what?

Is it available -- I couldn't see it in the download link I've got?

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest Dazzozo

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about the threads this time - I can't think of many (if any) reasons why someone would use 4.2 over 4.3.

At the moment there's no download link but the damage report is pretty good so there could be something usable soon.

Guest SyrupDErable

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about the threads this time - I can't think of many (if any) reasons why someone would use 4.2 over 4.3.

At the moment there's no download link but the damage report is pretty good so there could be something usable soon.

Thanks, very very much, for the amazingly quick response, I guess the principal reason people would use 4.2 over 4.3 is the standard answer -- it's more stable, "error free", quicker (like ICS > JB) but time and experience will tell

but the "thread" / forum, wyci, will need to be renamed, I guess

Guest Dazzozo

I don't think 4.3 is going to perform worse than 4.2. At the moment there's a few things that need sorting out so it's slower while I get those fixed, but it's definitely more consistent than previous versions that were in this state.

Guest SyrupDErable

I don't think 4.3 is going to perform worse than 4.2. At the moment there's a few things that need sorting out so it's slower while I get those fixed, but it's definitely more consistent than previous versions that were in this state.

Great work, Daz, people using "this" ROM owe you so much :-D

great plug here for CM on ZDnet

http://www.zdnet.com/top-5-features-in-android-4-3-jelly-bean-7000018522/

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest Pain_Deluxe

Hi guys,

I don't usually comment much in these forums, but as I've been messing with my Ascend again and trying out different roms, I thought I'd mention what I thought of this Jelly Bean Rom.

My usual rom is CM9.1 ("experimental" - maybe an early version, not sure) i.e. ICS but after getting a Nexus 7 for my birthday thanks to the Mrs, thought I'd try Jelly Bean on my Ascend. So I tried this rom which I must say appears to work well in all that I tested it with bar one, the battery drain - and boy does it drain! well at least compared to ICS CM.

For me I don't normally use my phone for anything other than the installed offline apps, so the likes of using Wi-fi, bluetooth, GPs etc are very rare. On the CM9.1 rom I can get an amazing 9-10 days on it with a few calls and a handful of texts every day, maybe a bit more if I didn't get worried about not having my phone charged and usable - this I think is pretty darn amazing. When I tell anyone else that, they can't believe me, but it's a fact. I've been using CM9.1 since Christmas.

This Jelly bean rom though discharges so darn quickly - charged to full at 6am, by 10am it was down to 90%!

So I went back to my original ROM last night and charged my fone, 3 hours later the phone still remports that I have 100% (probably not perfectly accurate, but what else can you go by?)

1.Update to newest CM9.1 Nightly. it has more less Bugs !!

2.9-10 Days ? Damn get a Nokia 3310. :D

3.Try some deep sleep battery tweaks. They works for me. So the battery takes nothing on stand by....

Guest popoyaya

When will be available ?

There's always one. A total of 2 posts from Mr. "Developer" and already demanding eta's. Off with the goolies I say.

Guest anddeveloper

I'm new on modaco so only 2 posts but dazzozo is awesome. Keep it up dazzozo. Will we find new focal camera in cm-10.2 sources also known from project nemesis ?

Edited by anddeveloper

Guest druckmusik

1.Update to newest CM9.1 Nightly. it has more less Bugs !!

2.9-10 Days ? Damn get a Nokia 3310. :D

3.Try some deep sleep battery tweaks. They works for me. So the battery takes nothing on stand by....

As I have the same problems (introduced in CM10.1-R2) with battery drain,

I'm very interested in the 3rd option.

What do you mean with "deep sleep battery tweaks"?

Weher can I set them?

Stefan

Edited by druckmusik

Guest Dazzozo

Dazz: One Question:

New I/O ? ROW?

Wasn't NOOP shedule ''better'' ?

ROW is pretty new and wasn't in the kernel originally, so it wasn't tested when we tested all of the schedulers available. Kra1o5 did some testing and it's better so it's now default.

Guest Keshavkrs

I'm new on modaco so only 2 posts but dazzozo is awesome. Keep it up dazzozo. Will we find new focal camera in cm-10.2 sources also known from project nemesis ?

I tried the 4.3 camera on slimbean ROM it has the same green screen bug with lag....

Guest Keshavkrs

I tried the 4.3 camera on slimbean ROM it has the same green screen bug with lag....

Guest Keshavkrs

Guest Pain_Deluxe

ROW is pretty new and wasn't in the kernel originally, so it wasn't tested when we tested all of the schedulers available. Kra1o5 did some testing and it's better so it's now default.

Yeah in my opinion too. Everything works fast (depend on the low hardware ;) )

Battery Tweaks:

Add to build prop:

pm.sleep_mode=1

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1

maybe you notice a LITTLE lag after long deep sleep (standby)

screenshot_2013-07-299mbx5.png

screenshot_2013-07-29qyb8d.png

screenshot_2013-07-29x8aci.png

Edited by Pain_Deluxe