[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Is here any way to disable these lockscreen widgets new to jb? Its been bugging me for quite some time now, as its the only really slow part of this rom - part that i have absolutley no use for. If it could be disabled somehow, it would be perfect-

Guest nsmacd1

Please, there is no need to install crapware, you can convert MP3 to OGG with a number of free programs that have none of that stuff. Try foobar2000 for example!

Fair enough - The program was freeware & I did warn that it would try and install crapware, so that people could un-check the boxes and avoid it!

Just trying to help! :unsure:

Guest Redflake

Is here any way to disable these lockscreen widgets new to jb? Its been bugging me for quite some time now, as its the only really slow part of this rom - part that i have absolutley no use for. If it could be disabled somehow, it would be perfect-

Guest Redflake

Guest mr_mufy

HI DAZ.

Do u have any fix for the louder volume on in call?

- This problem seems to be present on the all CM releases i tested.

It's any fix i can try?

Tks.

If you have bad battery life, get this app on the market called "2g Auto Toggle (Cyanogenmod)". I just brought it, and it saves so much battery! And its only 78p :D

Guest tcpaulh

If you have bad battery life, get this app on the market called "2g Auto Toggle (Cyanogenmod)". I just brought it, and it saves so much battery! And its only 78p :D

I use deep sleep battery saver which is a decent free alternative :)

Guest Colossae3.23

Fair enough - The program was freeware & I did warn that it would try and install crapware, so that people could un-check the boxes and avoid it!

Just trying to help! :unsure:

thanks for your help all. I have converted audio files before like apple files to mp3, but I didn't know it was as simple as that. Has anyone tried doing this with one of these non-looping ringtones? Unazplodrmann explains it below. I'm out of my depth here, so to me it sounds more complicated than a conversion. I have non idea what metadata tag is, and if a conversion app does anything change it?

This behaviour is by design, it seems. Android does not loop audio files set as ringtones unless a) the ogg container is used and B) the ANDROID_LOOP metadata tag is set. The solution is to re-encode the mp3 you want to use to Ogg Vorbis and then set the metadata accordingly. It should be set in all the standard ringtones, of course, but hey... ;)

EDIT: this thread from the phandroid forum says that Audacity, has an Open Metadata Editor in it. See the last post. Think I'll try this later.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/437641-sometimes-only-rings-once-then-goes-silent.html

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest 2345lug

Everything is great, very smooth and very good! But i have reboot regulary after call and when i use 3g. on cm9r8 no problem with it. And what mean "Bluetooth sleep is intentionally disabled - it causes crashes otherwise" ?

Thanks, it works just great! Its so much faster now, without those annoying widgets. ;)

This should be totally included in CM lockscreen settings.

Sorry - dumb question but what lock screen widgets are you talking about? All I have on mine is the clock and the unlock button/ring (and the two "side" screens - left and right). But whatever is there doesn't seem to slow anything down for me...

I use deep sleep battery saver which is a decent free alternative :)

I can't see anything on their website that explicitly says that this toggles to 2G in sleep mode. Do you know if it does? Just that if the new booloader attempt to fix the 3G reboots does not work and I am looking for an alternative then one that does 2G auto toggle AND battery saving would be nice... :)

Guest wouterbeer

I can't see anything on their website that explicitly says that this toggles to 2G in sleep mode. Do you know if it does? Just that if the new booloader attempt to fix the 3G reboots does not work and I am looking for an alternative then one that does 2G auto toggle AND battery saving would be nice... :)

I'm using it for a while now ['special' XDA version] in combination with CM10.1 just to save the battery. Basically all it does is periodically turning on/off WiFi and mobile data (you can also set it to toggle gps, bluetooth, and the like). It does the trick although I see no functionalities to let it auto-toggle between 2G and 3G.

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2030696

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest popoyaya

Sorry - dumb question but what lock screen widgets are you talking about? All I have on mine is the clock and the unlock button/ring (and the two "side" screens - left and right). But whatever is there doesn't seem to slow anything down for me...

The two left & right panels are actually large sliding widgets. Haven't noticed much slowness with the lock screen though.

The two left & right panels are actually large sliding widgets. Haven't noticed much slowness with the lock screen though.

Ah - OK - didn't realise that they were widgets! :D I do know that when I swipe left to use the camera one on the right it's really slow but I presumed that this was due to the general camera slowness/problems. The left one seems to be blank.

I'm using it for a while now ['special' XDA version] in combination with CM10.1 just to save the battery. Basically all it does is periodically turning on/off WiFi and mobile data (you can also set it to toggle gps, bluetooth, and the like). It does the trick although I see no functionalities to let it auto-toggle between 2G and 3G.

Edit: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2030696

Thanks for the info. These two posts in that thread deal with the 2G issue that I am interested in:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35614286&postcount=134

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35958074&postcount=230

Edited by dalyer

Guest tcpaulh

Hmm, The description on the play store says "During deepsleep mode, Wifi, 3G are turned off, background apps are stopped". It wakes up once an hour for a minute (configurable) to allow background data.

Guest wouterbeer

Hmm, The description on the play store says "During deepsleep mode, Wifi, 3G are turned off, background apps are stopped". It wakes up once an hour for a minute (configurable) to allow background data.

Although that's true, I guess they mean mobile data with it. In the app settings itself they call it just 'data', and when I was playing with it recently I noticed it turns off mobile data completely..

(correct me if I'm wrong)

Edited by wouterbeer

Doesn't explicitly say that it switches from 3G to 2G though. It could be switchinf off 3G except when it periodically pops out of deep sleep to check things...

http://www.rootuninstaller.com/p/deepsleep-battery-saver.html

HI DAZ.

Do u have any fix for the louder volume on in call?

- This problem seems to be present on the all CM releases i tested.

It's any fix i can try?

Tks.

During the call press up or down volume key once so that it shows on the screen. Then use your finger to slight it to the right (yes, to max loundness), hold, slight it to the left. It helped me but I have to do it again after reboots.