[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest nsmacd1

For anyone interested I have tested the Xperia Z Launcher from this thread, - ,on this ROM and it works great.

Personally I prefer it to the Trebuchet that comes with 10.1, as it seems more fluid to me and I generally prefer the look.

Guest wouterbeer

Installed this when it was released. Actually yesterday I had my first bug:

• Phone was autmatically turned off during the day (let's say 4pm) because it ran out of battery
  • I came home at 7.30pm and plugged it to the charger
  • 15 minutes later (still plugged) I turned phone back on
  • Saw it booted fine with CyanogenMod bootlogos etc
  • But when few minutes later I turned the screen on to unlock it (I have pattern lock) the screen stayed black. The touch buttons on the buttom did light up and also when I touched the screen where the patterns should be the phone did vibrate (like somehow the screen just stayed black but everything loaded correctly behind it).
  • Well; tried to unlock it somehow without seeing the pattern itself, but not sure if I managed. Screen stayed black. In the end I disconnected phone from charger, had to reboot by pulling battery, it started fine this time, and plugged it back in. Everything fine since.

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest wouterbeer

wait a minute, wasnt this the perfect rom,

great for everyday use? :-P

Well if you read the OP: it is a first release AND labeled experimental. This given; it is the best ROM I have seen for a first release. As you can read in my post above I don't had any issues before. Not even one single reboot (I have to add that I use WiFi 95% of the time so that might be the reason I don't experience the reboots (?)). Nevertheless battery drains pretty fast, but it still easily survives 1.5 days with my use.

Edited by wouterbeer

I've had a couple of reboots like that which I don't think were related to the 3g reboot issue. As it happens both occurred when I noticed the LED notification blinking (new email or text or whatever) and I pressed power to activate the screen. The screen remained blank and all soft buttons below the screen lit up for a few seconds before it rebooted into the CM boot animation etc.

Just mentioning this in case anybody else has experienced anything similar? I'm not just moaning for the sake of it before anybody flames me! :D It's a great ROM!

Edited by dalyer

Guest gaijyn1981
I've had a couple of reboots like that which I don't think were related to the 3g reboot issue. As it happens both occurred when I noticed the LED notification blinking (new email or text or whatever) and I pressed power to activate the screen. The screen remained blank and all soft buttons below the screen lit up for a few seconds before it rebooted into the CM boot animation etc.

Just mentioning this in case anybody else has experienced anything similar? I'm not just moaning for the sake of it before anybody flames me! :D It's a great ROM!

Happened to me too...had to pull out battery...

Happened to me too...had to pull out battery...

The couple (or maybe 3-4) ones that I had just rebooted - no battery pull needed. Always a chance that it WAS a 3g reboot that just happened to coincide with me pressing the power button I suppose... I'm sticking with 3g on to see how much things have improved with the newer bootloader but will eventually revert to toggling to 2g on sleep maybe next week.

Edit: I'm not overclocking.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dragonwinglet

Hi,

I have found these bugs:

• DSP Manager is working olny with internal music Apollo app. It is NOT working with other apps (like internet radios - di.fm, sky.fm...) - tested with speaker, I will test headset today, but I think it will be the same bug.
  • Only sometimes it freezes after pushing unlock button (HW buttons are shining and screen is blank/dark). After few seconds lock screen show up. (There is no andorid animation after un-freezing.) I think it is because of Overclock.
  • Diode - when charging, it is OK, works great, colors are different. But when sms comes, it is making pink color (I think it is trying to do white color). Settings in CM are not working, still pink. Settings of blinking frequency of light are working, colour is not.

• No 3G reboot, in fact, it has not reboot itself so far.

One Q: What is with h264 HW support? Is it working? Tested it today, but it was laggy. But maybe I used file of too big quality (45minutes, 1GB, resolution 1280x720, there is no bitrate showed in VLC)

Edited by dragonwinglet

• Only sometimes it freezes after pushing unlock button (HW buttons are shining and screen is blank/dark). After few seconds lock screen show up. (There is no andorid animation after un-freezing.) I think it is because of Overclock.

Have you tried StabilityTest to check for a safe overclock speed?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.into.stability

Guest psivision

Possible temporary fix for the call volume/distortion issue.

When in call turn the volume and back down using the hardware up botton to bring up the graphic slider then swipe it up then down to minimum .. seems to work .. annoying when actually trying to have a call though!

I this this helps some of the devs .. perhaps its a call volume or speaker "initialisation" that isn't happening but is forced once the volume is changed?

Guest nsmacd1

Installed it. Adding widgets does not work with our ROM. I would love to have this launcher, to have possibility to sort the apps by 'most used'.

But... :(

I have all the widgets (Just hold down on one of the menu screens for a couple of seconds and a widget box will appear at the bottom of the screen) and the option to sort by most used etc.

If this isn't what you meant please explain & I will try and see if I can replicate the issue

Edited by nsmacd1

Can't you guys just consider the fact that this is the first release of the latest android version so it ought to have bugs.......

Of course - but surely it's OK for people to report bugs/anomalies that they experience just in case it helps the developers to improve the ROM? I don't see anybody recently bitching about things - just reporting their experiences and anomalies that they may have noticed? Naturally if the developers/Dazzozo ask people not to make such posts I'm sure that people will take that on board.

Guest nsmacd1

Not sure if this has been reported yet or not (not in the 2nd post 'Know issues' anyway), but when I disconnect from mass storage mode and disconnect from a PC, then the USB symbol still shows in the top bar, and in the drop down it still offers the 'USB Connected/Turn On/Off Mass storage' option, which remains until the phone is rebooted.

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest dragonwinglet

Have you tried StabilityTest to check for a safe overclock speed?

https://play.google.....into.stability

Yes I tried, not via this app, but Iam installing it now. Will edit this post after checking via this app.

Program does not show any unstability... So it should be stable.

----------------

One thing to LED diode: With Viber looks like colour is right, but LED stops blinking after display shuts down.

Edited by dragonwinglet

Guest mr_mufy

During the call press up or down volume key once so that it shows on the screen. Then use your finger to slight it to the right (yes, to max loundness), hold, slight it to the left. It helped me but I have to do it again after reboots.

Many tks. U are the MAN.

It really works.

- bwhat a hell. I have search and discover that this issue it's related to all CM roms based on 4.XXX and so one...

Possible temporary fix for the call volume/distortion issue.

When in call turn the volume and back down using the hardware up botton to bring up the graphic slider then swipe it up then down to minimum .. seems to work .. annoying when actually trying to have a call though!

I this this helps some of the devs .. perhaps its a call volume or speaker "initialisation" that isn't happening but is forced once the volume is changed?

I agree.

Guest chuzzley

Just mentioning that MMTracker does not work on CM10.1 - clean install/wipes/battery pulls etc.

The app opens but when you try to load a map in you get "This app has stopped working" and it closes.

I know its probably an obscure app but it has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum before.

I'll try an get an error log for it later when I've got more time.

Great ROM otherwise Dazz and team.

Yeah, I found the same problem with MM Tracker under Android 4.2.1 on the ZTE Blade.

After having a dig around with the debugger and looking at the stack trace I think its probably due to this change to Bitmap.copyPixelsToBuffer

copyPixelsFromBuffer() now reads from the current position instead of reading from position 0 as of Android 4.2

from here:

http://code.google.c...detail?id=32588

and Romain's tweet: https://twitter.com/...288781208969216

So would be an easy fix but I think MapMan was forced to kill the app off.

I noticed regarding the in call, call volume that it starts off normal and ramps to max almost instantly if that's any help to Dazzozo.

Also the default text messenger app for me is showing my comments in history but not anyone else?? Using go sms resolves this for me.

Yeah, I found the same problem with MM Tracker under Android 4.2.1 on the ZTE Blade.

After having a dig around with the debugger and looking at the stack trace I think its probably due to this change to Bitmap.copyPixelsToBuffer

copyPixelsFromBuffer() now reads from the current position instead of reading from position 0 as of Android 4.2

from here:

http://code.google.c...detail?id=32588

and Romain's tweet: https://twitter.com/...288781208969216

So would be an easy fix but I think MapMan was forced to kill the app off.

Its a shame as its a good app. I wonder if any one out there can fix it? It's well beyond my understanding of code. Also seems odd that AlpineQuest can access .qct maps without getting p*ssed on by MemoryMap but MMTracker can't.

Guest Andrew27

When I use chrome,there is something wrong with Chrome,after Iturn off developers tool,there,still something.wrong with it,how can I use my.Chrome,I hope someone can help me.