[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Occur when a ParanoidAndroid to run on Huawei G300? ... A version 4.1.2 or CM 4.2 based on Dazzozo's 10.1? ... Or a functional variant AOKP for the same phone? I ask this because most get a version of the Dazzle, (Cyda) or of Baidu, change them a bit, and then put them here and brag that they have done something. I think there are plenty of good options for CM9, 10, Infusion, etc.. Those who want to impress should look like can do more. You should not be upset anyone for this job, even if it's a little critical of some.

Those who have spent a bit of time MODACO have already learned to modify their own ROMs, or customize them. For example, although I never had any link with a ROM here, I modified and customized exactly as I wanted CM10.1 of Dazzle and works perfectly on my G300.

I say this because there are other ROMs that can be developed and that would interest many people. I do not get to do this for me I'm not a developer and do not have time for it, but I wish to test a PA or AOKP good option for G300.

Once again - no one should feel offended.

Thanks for understanding!

I would like to see paranoidandroid for the g300 as well

10.1 has been on my phone for a week, definitely not going back to Vodafone supplied firmware. Not having any issue with call volume or LED notification lights, but have noticed the following.

Google voice can be slow at times to change from 'initializing' to 'speak now'. I am using hardware buttons to run the app, long press home key.

When connecting headphones there is no symbol displayed in notification bar.

Is there anything that can be done with the sound volume of the G300. Volume through headphones is only loud enough for a quiet room. I understand this is probably due to phone hardware but if a tweak can be made this will make a huge difference.

Thanks again Daz!

I use deep sleep battery saver which is a decent free alternative :)

Have you noticed a lot of lag when using this (and better battery stats)? I installed them at the weekend but my phone started lagging significantly. Just uninstalled them and rebooted and the phone seems to be significantly more responsive.

There was some doubt about whether or not it toggled 3G to 2G on sleep but it looks like it does. However when waking up I've noticed that it often enables 3G and only afterwards enables wifi so I wonder if this actually causes more battery draing than when it's not used and wifi will be always on and the phone won't temporarily switch to data (when wifi is available obviously)? Anyway unfortunately with DS Battery Saver the cons (lag) outweigh the pros (no 3g reboots, battery saving). :(

Edited by dalyer

Toggle2G is another good alternative

Thanks. Do you mean this:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=739530

or this:

https://play.google....in.notification

or both or something else...? :blush:

Or - more simply - what did you do? :)

BTW - in relation to battery drain (with this and maybe any other ROM) I only noticed that Maps/location services seemed to be killing my battery so I have switched off location tracking/reporting (and also Google Now which I found useless) in an attempt to see if I can get better battery lifetime. Maybe obvious to others but it wasn't to me until I looked at battery stats etc. :blush:

Edited by dalyer

Guest oldfella

the 2 sources are the same thing. You also need the app which you get from the xda page which you load in /system. Play just has the plugin

I used it with Infusion as Tasker couldnt switch 2G on that rom

I use Tasker + Secure settings with CM10.1

Toggle2G doesnt work with all roms - never tried it with CM

OK - thanks. Doesn't seem easy to automate the 2G toggle.. :(

Tasker is pricey €4.50

Llama seemed [too] complicated to me

DS Battery Saver caused severe lag for me

Toggle2G seems tricky to install and it's not clear to me if I can roll back if I experience some of the problems reported...

Not sure if AutomateIT can do 3G/2G toggle or just data off?

Maybe JuiceDefender would work..?

Edited by dalyer

Guest soulhand

Llama seemed [too] complicated to me

Not really.

Events tab,

+ to add event

Add Condition, Screen on/off, Screen off

Add Event, 2G/3G, GSM only (2G)

Event name and group, "2G only with screen off"

Back button

+ to add event

Add Condition, Screen on/off, Screen on

Add Event, 2G/3G, WCDMA preferred (2G/prefer 3G)

Event name and group, "2G/3G with screen on"

Back button

Done!

Guest Rico_89

Awesome ROM Dazzozo :) .

A couple of things: anyone know how to get the Huawei Weather Widget to work? I installed the TotemWeather.apk and it works fine but the Widget part just throws up an error "Problem Loading Widget".

Also anyone know where I can get the default Calendar that came with the Huawei, I just like the full calender widget that it comes with.

Thanks for any info.

Guest nsmacd1

My phone no longer recognizes the memory card :s

I had the same thing where the card wasn't recognised (I have had issues with the ROM when the PC does not realize that the USB mode has been turned off, so I think it corrupted card).

In the end I had to connect it with an adaptor to my PC and run icare card recover pro (freeware) to recover my files and then reformat the card and then copy the recovered items back to the card.

Hope this helps & saves a few of your files! :)

Guest red321z

Has anybody used llama to switch to airplane mode? I find llama seems to suffer permission problems when this action is called

It works perfectly using stock/infusion.

Edited by red321z

Has anybody used llama to switch to airplane mode? I find llama seems to suffer permission problems when this action is called

Llama works fine for me

Not really. Events tab, + to add event Add Condition, Screen on/off, Screen off Add Event, 2G/3G, GSM only (2G) Event name and group, "2G only with screen off" Back button + to add event Add Condition, Screen on/off, Screen on Add Event, 2G/3G, WCDMA preferred (2G/prefer 3G) Event name and group, "2G/3G with screen on" Back button Done!
Ok - thanks a lot. I'll try that later. :)

Thanks a lot soulhand - worked a treat! I was just a bit bamboozled initially by the number of default rules that Llama provides. Once I cleared them out and added the two above it's all good so far. So presumably no more "3G reboots" and better battery lifetime too. Win win... :D

For what it's worth I just configured the "airplane mode on" action and ran a test interactively and it worked but only after the initial test requested root and I OK'd this and allowed it root from there on. I then tested "airplane mode off" and that worked fine and then the two actions (on then off) again one after another and all fine.