[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Ya I know that.. Just suggested him to release with fixing the issues I mentioned above.. But his decision is final..

You think I intend to do otherwise? o_O

Bit redundant to say "please fix things!", isn't it?

Guest kyan31

You think I intend to do otherwise? o_O

Bit redundant to say "please fix things!", isn't it?

I wish people would let you work. I'm sure its pissing you off when people ask you to fix stuff your already trying to fix :P

Guest bunnymyhoney

I have taken the plunge - CM10.1 installed. Just waiting for it to boot up now. Stuck on the Huawei splash screen but I'll give it another 5 minutes before I start to panic LOL

:)

Guest bunnymyhoney

Bugger it! Stuck in a loop of 'process com.google.proccess.gapps has stopped' and 'set up wizard has stopped'

Will try reloading the ROM & gapps thingy again ...... :(

Guest NikitoGR
Bugger it! Stuck in a loop of 'process com.google.proccess.gapps has stopped' and 'set up wizard has stopped'

Lol are you sure that you have downloaded 10.1 and not the 10? Also make sure that you flash the jb 4.2.2 (12/12/12) apps

Guest bunnymyhoney

Lol are you sure that you have downloaded 10.1 and not the 10? Also make sure that you flash the jb 4.2.2 (12/12/12) apps

OK - so on closer inspections I downloaded the gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip from the http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/ instructions.

Right - Let's try getting the right one this time and trying again .....

#muppett

Guest trelowney

I can confirm that and my provider is Vodafone PT and I never had such problems before so it's not my sim card.

So I ordered a new SIM card (same number, 128KB SIM). I put the card into the phone and after two hours of running 3G without any problems (R1). So I upgraded to R2. Now it is 29 hours, the phone is switched on. During that time, the phone never once lost signal nor does not restart. Use as a business phone, so SMS and frequent calls are commonplace. Automatic switching between 3G and 2G started to work without problems. So that really was the solution signal dropouts and restarts (due to loss of signal) replacement SIM card?

Guest dubitoergosum

Yeah, I had the same problem at first, thought I had bricked my phone.. The "how-to" is a bit out of date, also very detailed, but clumsy as well. For example, I think I installed CWM recovery and backed up IMEI 3 times, because it was written in every step. :D

Guest mothership

I've changed my mind, I like this ROM cause of many things:

1) 3rd camera works great (Instagram, Barcode etc.)

2) The ROM is smooth (but as I said - after a few weeks it's getting slower - but why?!)

3) The interface, design is awesome and I love it (especially the notification bar - 2 fingers, hehe)

But here's a couple things I hate as hell:

- often (read 5 times a day) I have to reboot the phone cause of signal

- I think the "butter project" can be better than that one

I'd be grateful if you could fix it buddy!

Guest NikitoGR
What is the best:

[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

or

[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

It's up to you to decide which is the best for you. 4.2.2 has many great features and more productivity than the 4.1 which, instead, is more smooth and less lagging.

As for the friend above, use the supermacy script! Neither adrenaline nor anything else. ^_^

Guest jpmagalhaes

Not a fix for the problem of losing signal but you could try using 'no signal alert' from the play store ,which will alert you when signal is dropped,so you don't have to keep on manually checking.

I'm in a poor signal area and i find it handy to know when i've lost signal

That might work as a quick fix. Thanks.

Guest Predackon

I must be the luckiest guy in the world. I've been using this rom for over 3 weeks no issues at all. I've had no problems at all Bluetooth,WiFi, phone signal every thing works like a charm not to mention the rom is ridiculously fast better than that s*** Vodafone crap. Haven't noticed the slowing down after a few weeks reported by some other users. Thank's Dazzozo

Guest semper fidelis

Please, how to solve the problem of non-functioning USB debugging ?

Go to PHONE SETTINGS/STORAGE/STORAGE SETTINGS and mark USB DEBUGGING

Edited by semper fidelis

Go to PHONE SETTINGS/STORAGE/STORAGE SETTINGS and mark USB DEBUGGING

I wrote that I was not working and no, I do not know how to turn it on (it's a problem with adb)

Guest NikitoGR
I must be the luckiest guy in the world. I've been using this rom for over 3 weeks no issues at all. I've had no problems at all Bluetooth,WiFi, phone signal every thing works like a charm not to mention the rom is ridiculously fast better than that s*** Vodafone crap. Haven't noticed the slowing down after a few weeks reported by some other users. Thank's Dazzozo

Look it's not faster than the default. I don't have the slow down effect too