[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NikitoGR

So will be expecting a new version soon? And no, I'm not asking for ETAs, I just don't want to rebase my ROM 'again' so soon :P

DON'T ASK FOR ETA'S!

I'm kidding :P :D

Guest kender6

Right, the probable cause for all your network issues is that you're actually using 109808 RIL libraries. This was initially done as it was deemed the only solution for running CM on 109808 for some very strange networks in Spain.

Since it broke network for more people than it solved, it has been reverted and they'll have to suck it up and find a way to get it to work on 2030 RIL. It "suddenly" broke after a while anyway.

How do we know if we are using the 109808 RIL libraries? Is there anything we can do?

Guest Liesse

Minor thing: Daz would you possibly consider sticking something along these lines in the first post or FAQ / known issues part?:

If you want to use the CM OTA update function, please make sure you are using the clockwork recovery from this thread. This is built alongside CyanogenMod 10.1 sources, and is the only build we can really guarantee that CM OTAs will function correctly on.

Other builds may give you strange errors and not work properly!

I've seen at least three people on the forum post about issues that are probably down to this -- there are probably more. I realise that people love reading these things to the point that it will probably do no good at all, but at least if it is there it might help someone. Or something.

Edited by Liesse

Guest kyan31

So will be expecting a new version soon? And no, I'm not asking for ETAs, I just don't want to rebase my ROM 'again' so soon tongue.png

Don't take it the wrong way people, though I am pretty much still asking for ETA's, just in a different way :ph34r:

So nevermind :P

Edited by kyan31

Guest soul_0830

With all these issues I forgot to mention that Jetpack Joyride is working greate. Except for a tiny intial lag, tha geame plays really well.

I think this rom has potential to be a greate gaming jellybean 4.2.2 rom.

havent tested any other games

Guest y4ss1n

after more than 24hrs i havent had any signal loss, and people can still call me (just recieved 2 calls an hour ago or so)

so i guess not everyone has this problem?

Guest subbrn2

I have this rom to 24 hrs and strong signal and an hour ago when they called me I could not receive the call did a reboot and call again ..

Guest jsevi83

Damn those spaniards!

:)

(no offense, I couldn`t resist it :))

The issue is with operators that use two different networks for 3G. In Spain we have Yoigo, but there are other operators with the same problems in the UK.

Guest Ironandroid

The option should be in settings / developer options / advanced reboot. The option is there for me

J

As i ve written on my post i do not have this option on my settings. Is this because of the overwriting of r2 setting apk on r3 rom ?

Guest subbrn2

The issue is with operators that use two different networks for 3G. In Spain we have Yoigo, but there are other operators with the same problems in the UK.

i have this problem im from portugal

Guest dakok

So why I loose network with the operator that uses a single network (VIP).

Is this the same culprit as I had problems with GB roms on 2030 bb (loosing network on few rom versions)?

Guest bladebuddy

As i ve written on my post i do not have this option on my settings. Is this because of the overwriting of r2 setting apk on r3 rom ?

Sorry IronAndroid I thought you had trouble finding the option. Have you tried to reflash the rom set the option then flash the volume wake patch. Don't know if it works as I haven't tried but its worth a shot. J

Guest Andymac1969

Dazzozo another donation coming shortly, this is fabulous, switches between WIFI and 3G with no issue, battery seems great, one question, my Google Now worked OK but now it just keeps listening and wont do the search, anyone know of a fix at all?

Regards

Andrew

Guest wbrambley

Does anyone else have a problem connecting to playstore while on data? I have a couple of other apps with same behavior, works fine on wifi but time out on data.

Great ROM by the way, have had no other issues so far.

Guest lirycbv

Right, the probable cause for all your network issues is that you're actually using 109808 RIL libraries. This was initially done as it was deemed the only solution for running CM on 109808 for some very strange networks in Spain.

Since it broke network for more people than it solved, it has been reverted and they'll have to suck it up and find a way to get it to work on 2030 RIL. It "suddenly" broke after a while anyway.

I have 2030 and the problem exists. I don't have this issue on CM9 or infusion or stock ROMs. It only happens on CM10 and CM11.1.

Until this is solved I'll keep using the perfect CM9.

Guest lirycbv

Cm11.1? :) I have problem with no signal again after new install... There is no problem with cm10 (4.1.2)

Sorry, typo, CM10.1 (4.2.2)

Guest popoyaya

Sorry IronAndroid I thought you had trouble finding the option. Have you tried to reflash the rom set the option then flash the volume wake patch. Don't know if it works as I haven't tried but its worth a shot. J

Sorry, flash what "volume wake patch"? I only noticed a new settings.apk?

Guest lirycbv

Well CM10 was no different to CM9 in terms of what we're using. :S

Weird, I've used CM9 since the beginning with no issues related to GSM. CM10.1 caused a problem after 1 or 2 hours. I think the problem is with the auto switch from 3G (or HSDPA) to 2G. Where I work I don't always get a good HSDPA signal but I have verry good 2g (GSM). The problem mostly occurs there or when traveling by car (implying multiple cell switches). If there is anything I can do to help you in solving this problem I'll try to help.