Nitroglass: How to get on our skate 1GB internal memory???

Guest Viento del Sur

Guest Viento del Sur

(you included my file-script 04nitroglass-v2 into init.d, with permissions 0775 or 0777 of course)

Where I can find the init.d ? is it a floder ? and how to add permissions ?

Caution!

• The previous post instructions are for developers only. IS TO PUBLISH A ROM

• Anyone can add nitroglass in your favorite rom. To do that it is only necessary:

In recovery:

- Format sd-ext (or create ext if necessary):

- 3 wipes

- Flash rom-zip (NOT-REBOOTSYSTEM)

- Flash nitroglass-zip (REBOOT)

Note to everyone: Be patient on first boot. Take some time ...

Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest Viento del Sur

Don't get past boot logo in PAJelly 2...

Are you flashed zip-rom first, and followed, flashed the zip.nitroglass (without reboot sytem between them)?

Be patient with the first boot!

hi, i instaled it just about 10 mins ago and still booting.first i flashed PJ2+gaap and then i formated sd-ext and after that flashed nitroglas. is it ok this way?

Edited by meso87

Guest Viento del Sur

hi, i instaled it just about 10 mins ago and still booting.first i flashed PJ2+gaap and then i formated sd-ext and after that flashed nitroglas. is it ok this way?

No... do this:

- Recovery:

1.--- Format sd-ext (if not exist, make partition ext512/ 0swap /)

2.--- 3 wipes

3.--- also Format /system (always my personal recommendation)

4. -- install zip-rom (NO-REBOOT)

5. -- install zip-nitroglass

6. --- reboot system

Guest Viento del Sur

I tried being patient but it seems that it'll never stop booting. How long is too long? I think I did everything as described.

As I said, I have no experience with 4.+, I don't use it's.

In 2.3.x roms, the first boot takes 3-4 min.

When reading to another user, about JB and int2ext+, it is possible that it is also important "when" install gapps ... He said that install gapps after the first boot ....

I suggest testing well, and then add a step to the installation:

- Recovery:

1.--- Format sd-ext (if not exist, make partition ext512/ 0swap /)

2.--- 3 wipes

3.--- also Format /system (always my personal recommendation)

4. -- install zip-rom (NO-REBOOT)

5. -- install zip-nitroglass

6. --- reboot system

(...)

7. flash gapps

8. Reboot system

Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest Viento del Sur

Notice:

1. I have checked for myself that rom fails to start when the Ext-partition is not fully empty. <<===============

2. It is always necessary to perform step 1. (Format sd-ext)

3. I also found a small bug in CWM 4.1.14: not always clean the EXT partition (even format it). I've seen it with linux .... After many installations followed, the sd-ext sd-fat corrupted data are stored, that cwm can not erase ...

4. [have elapsed multiple installations roms] RECOMMEND DO NEW PARTITIONS INTO YOUR SD (...PREVIOUS backup rom and FAT-partition, of course!!)

Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest valeksandar

Tried in several different ways but without success. I've got cmw 4.0.14 but I also tried partitioning on my pc, used two different cards... I give up for now.

Thanks anyway.

Guest Viento del Sur

Just in case it helps you, Int2Ext doesn't work either

Of course, it helps me! I've seen that this is a problem of the busuybox of these rom. Now try to adapt the code to new busybox.

Thx!!

Guest Viento del Sur

Two things ...

1. Sorry, but PJ3.+ Ceco has a different busybox, and my script does not run correctly. For now I have no solution for that. You can use int2ext-modified.by-CECO for that rom.

2. important notice:

• Available nitroglass-v3 in my link of HTCMania forum. INSTALL ONLY FOR TPTs with 2Mbs of cache ... (it provide cache downloads)

• For all other cases, use v2.1
Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest SingleWolf
INSTALL ONLY FOR TPTs with 2Mbs of cache ...For all other cases, use v2.1
What exactly you mean? 'If' which moves cache works only if it have 35Mb size...

Guest Viento del Sur

What exactly you mean? 'If' which moves cache works only if it have 35Mb size...

Sorry, I have a little problem with the language ...

V3 works exactly like v2.1. The cache is not involved in the process. v3 just add a plus: provides 64mb cache only in case that your tpt is 2MB of cache ...

You have a 2mb tpt-cache? Then flash v3.... Provide 64mb-cache.

If you has 35MB or more, v3 keeps those 35 (or more). It's automatic.

See you:

TPT.2mb.cache + 2.3.7rom + Nitroglassv2.1 = PlayStore NOT DOWNLOAD

In this case, the solution is v3. In other cases, simply it's not necessary.

Guest SingleWolf

Sorry, I was some wrong with my previous statement. It not works properly with 2mb cache due to incorrect condition: $CACHESIZE returns "2M" instead of "2".

If you're using H3 Blues and your TPT has a 2MB cache then you'd need to be careful with v3 of this script. That'd be because H3 Blues will already detect if you've got a 2MB cache and it'll automatically create you a temporary 35MB cache. It's 35MB because the stock size is 35MB and that's normally plenty.

By the way, this explains the swappiness a little:

http://forum.xda-dev...937&postcount=2

http://zerocredibility.wordpress.com/2009/08/24/why-android-swap-doesnt-make-sense/

On Android the advantage of no swap is a performance gain. So if on your ROM your memory (SD Card) is slow then H3 Blues will always be faster, although you may not be able to keep as many things running in memory. I've yet to run into any problems with this though.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Viento del Sur

First of all, I apologize for my bad English. And later, I appreciate your comments and contributions.

Sorry, I was some wrong with my previous statement. It not works properly with 2mb cache due to incorrect condition: $CACHESIZE returns "2M" instead of "2".

Oh god, you're absolutely right! THANK YOU VERY MACH!!

I only thinking in numbers of two digits... The problem is that I haven't one tpt-2mb to test ... :( Very thx for your repport.

If you're using H3 Blues and your TPT has a 2MB cache then you'd need to be careful with v3 of this script. That'd be because H3 Blues will already detect if you've got a 2MB cache and it'll automatically create you a temporary 35MB cache. It's 35MB because the stock size is 35MB and that's normally plenty.

For now, I retired v3, to better study all options...

Given the possibility that nitroglass (as int2ext+) is not compatible with severals mounts of partitions that can make some roms, I decided to delete 06mountdl for safety. The problem is that in some spanish roms, 06mountdl tpts provide cache for these small TPTs ...

My idea is to make a script (nearly completed), take your original idea to redirect cache (VERY THANKS), but it can take several conditional intelligently:

A. Decide which is the best size in each case, based on the actual cache for each tpt.

1 - If you have 2mb, assigns 64 (for big downloads of market, like AngryBird-wars)

2 - If you have 35mb, remains at 35, no redirects (NO takes ram)

3 - If you have 64mb, no redirects. (NO takes ram And do not reduces the cache to 35)

B. (the most difficult), is compatible with (all???) the roms and does not conflict with other previous codes ...

However, taking advantage of your intervention, I think v3 (or similar) would not be a problem for H3, because the sequence of scripts (04nitroglass vs. 06blues) allow the first-script mount a new cache, and for second, to evaluate the condition of start, do any action on the cache (either already resolved or whether it even has time to make the decision) I mean right? What do you think of this, I will be very useful your opinion.

By the way, this explains the swappiness a little:

http://forum.xda-dev...937&postcount=2

http://zerocredibili...snt-make-sense/

On Android the advantage of no swap is a performance gain. So if on your ROM your memory (SD Card) is slow then H3 Blues will always be faster, although you may not be able to keep as many things running in memory. I've yet to run into any problems with this though.

Well, The swap is another matter ...

Nitroglass is not related to that. Use a system of mounts and symlinks to move apps and dalvik to sd-ext. Maintains /data/data in internal for speed.

However, (although there are different opinions), I studied enough the swap, and have come to the conclusion that their usefulness depends on:

- User profile (for heavy games, for example)

- the speed of your sd

- As you set up the swap ...

In THIS MOD I included other personal-script (PERFECTSWAP) providing swap for any rom and allow configure swappinnes. The idea is:

if you believe that you will not use swap (for various reasons), then put swappinnes to 0.

If you have a SD Class10 and will run heavy games, swappines puts greater. (30-40)

And finally, for users undecided, a value of 10, provides both performance (because I never use) and safety (because timely, in extreme cases, the swap will be activated). I call it "swap-conservative."

if you are interested to try it, I can provide it, of course!

Edited by Viento del Sur

Version A of your idea is what H3 Blues already does, minus point 3 as I've not come across anyone using a TPT with a 64MB cache yet. I have it use 35MB of memory instead of 64MB, and I've not tested downloading Angry Birds Star Wars, but nobody has ever said that 35MB wasn't enough. I'll double check that later.

As nitroglass is a lower number I'd expect it to execute before my script, which means you'd be adjusting the cache to 64MB and then H3 Blues would lower that back to 32MB. Not a huge issue, but something you should be made aware of.

The swappiness I figured I'd mention since I've seen spanish ROM's re-enable it. I just wanted to let you know why it's disabled in H3 Blues :) You see, if I disable it then I can guarantee that the ROM will run fast for everyone, but if it was enabled then for anyone with a class 2 SD card it would become slow over time. I know that can be tweaked like how you've done it via your script, but I opted to disable it as many people don't like to edit files. They just want to install a ROM and use it. Also when I was performing tests with a swap vs. no swap using my class 10 SD card I found that the swap didn't ever really help. Yes, in a way it gave me more memory, but I found that I didn't actually ever need that memory as Android handled everything pretty well and closed the apps I wasn't using. My memory tweaks might of helped a little with that though.

Nice scripting by the way. They're rather clean and laid out well :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Viento del Sur

Version A of your idea is what H3 Blues already does, minus point 3 as I've not come across anyone using a TPT with a 64MB cache yet. I have it use 35MB of memory instead of 64MB, and I've not tested downloading Angry Birds Star Wars, but nobody has ever said that 35MB wasn't enough. I'll double check that later.

On cache size ...

Remember that possibly TPT-stock from factory is the most common ... It has 64mb.

In H3 v2.2 this may be a small problem since 06scritp only evaluates a size 35. In my opinion, that solves the problem to those with 2mb, also does not affect those who are 35, but ... harms those who have the phone without changing the original tpt, because not only reduce your cache but reduce your ram (with tmpfs) Is my thinking correct?

In HTCMania people with 35 (or less) has reported they can not download apps like this:

(For this reason my idea I said yesterday)

As nitroglass is a lower number I'd expect it to execute before my script, which means you'd be adjusting the cache to 64MB and then H3 Blues would lower that back to 32MB. Not a huge issue, but something you should be made aware of.

yes, it can be a solution. However, the important thing is that I also recommend nitroglass-v2.1 for H3. Maybe I should remember your thread (or you can do it yourself, of course) ^_^

By the way, I made a mod for your rom + nitroglass and love. Thanks for your great rom.

Nice scripting by the way. They're rather clean and laid out well :)

VERY VERY THANKS!!!

Edited by Viento del Sur

I'm thinking the original TPT cache size is 32MB, so if you've got a 2MB cache then it'd create a temporary 32MB cache or 64MB in your case, but if you've got an actual 64MB cache then my version of the script would end up making a temporary 32MB cache so the existing 64MB gets wasted. That's an easy fix though as all I need to do is instead check if the cache size is 2MB instead of checking if it's not 32MB :)

If you like the H3 Blues ROM enough to source from it then you may like the newer ROM I'm working on. It's Gingerbread made to look like JB/ICS and it's actually a little faster and more polished than H3 Blues.

Screenshots:

http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2077367

I'm still working on it, but I think it's going to be rather popular over at htcmania :)

Edited by H3ROS