Gorilla glass?

Guest JackoPlacko

Guest JackoPlacko

Hello there. I'm wondering if my Padfone has gorilla glass. After 2 weeks of usage I have a lot of small scratches (I'm using it with care, it wouldn't be possible to get that many from sliding it into pocket).

On SGS2 after couple a months of usage I didn't have any of them.

Does your phone have same problems? I can post pic to prove it

Guest rafael_mfr

My lcd got whole crackled, needed to replace it. Before replacrment, it had some minors vertical scratches. Probably did it while inserting into dock station.

Guest jmm2013

I was very careful with mine until my screen protector from invisible phone guard came, now I'm scratch proof on my screen. I've got to say these are great protectors Zagg like protection without the Orange peel look.

Edited by jmm2013

I have two very thin scratches on my display as well. I can only see them in a certain angle to a light source. Both scratches are diagonal.

I have used my LG Optimus 2X with Gorilla Glass for 2 years without any screen protectors or pouch and it still has zero scratches.

ASUS advertised "Corning Fit Glass" - whatever that means, there is no Corning product called "Fit ™" and the scratches tell me that it certainly is no Gorilla Glass.

I hate screen protectors, because they just don't feel like the real deal. I guess I will have a moderately scratched PF2 in 2 years. <_<

---EDIT---

Hey, it appears Corning has updated its website. The Padfone 2 indeed has Cornings Gorilla Glass.

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/products-with-gorilla/asus-computer

Edited by o2mike

Guest schriss

Same here. 2 tiny scratches caused by aluminium part of dock. Barely visible only under certain angle. But I hate screen protectors and cases so I just am more careful. I would not be enjoying my phones if they were in cases with screen protectors.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Walaway

I had a large screen protector cut to fit both tablet and phone, it'll definitely be bothersome to see them both scratched but at least it protects the main glass.

And if you get really annoyed just go back to the same shop and crop the fit from your previous one :D