Buying this phone :)

Guest timoti111

Guest timoti111

Hi. I decided to buy this phone but i want ask you users of this phone if:

1. there is low sensitivity of display (I read about that somewhere and dont know if it is true)

2. can you write me some pros and cons?

Thanks for help :)

Guest andy.hyde4

1. The screen seems nice and responsive to me

2. There are probably better phones spec wise out there for the price but it has a very decent dev community. The back kind of creaks a bit.

No, the touch screen is not very sensitive. It's alright, but quite far off more exensive devices like the iPhone. Also, the screen is not very bright, even on maximum brightnness.

However, the sensitivity is helped a bit if you install Dazzozo's CyanogenMod. That's one of the pros of the phone - it can now run 4.2.1. I bought it because it had a larger screen than other phones for the same price.

crap reception

Infusion B06, Live in NZ, Hastings. Have always had trouble with this phones reception. Voda tell me that im in a black spot but there are two other phones here that get reasonable to excelent reception where as mine drops calls and flucuates in reception. Have used almost every rom here and their all the same so i figure thats its a hardware issue with phone not vodas coverage.

Also went rural and lost reception alltogether and yet me mates SG2 had full recep. The next day i put my sim into my old 49 dollar nokia and presto the same area had full reception. Toggling between 2g and 3g give some relief but not what one should expect.

Oh and this is my second g300 that got replaced because i took the first back for lack of reception.

Guest timfimjim

I think this phone is awesome. Very good screen (responsive and great viewing angles, good colours) and I've always had incredible battery life and good reception. Only problem is the official ICS ROM but that's where modaco comes in :D

I would say lower sensitivity relative to more expensive phones, but nothing too offputting.

Pros:

• It was the best budget phone (~£100) a few months ago. Will probably soon lose that title.
  • Big screen
  • SD Card expansion
  • Great Dev community
  • Stirs intrigue since no one's heard of it before

Cons:

• Not as smooth and responsive as non-budget phones
    • Mic voice volume too low for others to hear