[TOOL] Splash Flasher

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

This is a ClockWorkMod flashable tool that allows you to change images found on the splash partition. Splash partition contains splash image, that is the first image that is displayed on every boot, and seven offline charging images, that are displayed when device is being charged while power off.

Images can be found from the zip's /splash/res/. You can use your favorite zip tool to replace them. It is recommended to use GIMP to edit these images. It is important that the images are in correct format and the bytesize is correct:

splash.bmp - 480x800 - 565 bitmap - 768070 bytes - flipped vertically
battery*.bmp - 128x128 - 565 bitmap - 32838 bytes - flipped vertically

ZTE-Atlas40-Splash-Flasher.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/atlas40/stock-splash
md5:9cc6555e26647b4e5741743167020ec0

I've tested this thoroughly and it should be fully working and perfectly safe to use (bytesizes are checked and double-checked - it doesn't flash anything with mismatching image sizes).

Also check GizmoTheGreen's guide for more information and an alternative method of flashing splash images.

Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

• 3 months later...
Guest duronman

Link is dead, can you please re upload it.

EDIT: I have have menage to flash splash.img, by replacing the splash.img in custom rom flashable zip. The splash.img is made with Photoshop, and than converted to "splash.img with Android AIO Flasher."If someone use this method, you have to shift the image 35 pixels to the left, before conversation.

Edited by duronman

Guest KonstaT

Link is dead, can you please re upload it.

EDIT: I have have menage to flash splash.img, by replacing the splash.img in custom rom flashable zip. The splash.img is made with Photoshop, and than converted to "splash.img with Android AIO Flasher."If someone use this method, you have to shift the image 35 pixels to the left, before conversation.

Re-uploaded.

Tool you're referring doesn't produce splash image suitable for this device. Like it says on the first post splash.img on this device includes not only the actual splash image but also seven battery images that are displayed while offline charging.

Guest duronman

I will flash stock splash for now. I have strange problem, when I make file the file size is 768072, not 768070 bites. The file is generated in photoshop, but why it have 2 bites more ?

P.S. I'm a graphic designer and I'm very familiar with graphic file formats,but this is strange.

EDIT: I think it is because Photoshop has a "flip row order" option in advanced BMP save menu.

Edited by duronman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gozcu

Hi guys,

splash.bmp change in the file, add more files.I get an error when installing.

'Installation aborted and Writing splash image faild! :(

Edited by Gozcu

Guest KonstaT

Hi guys,

splash.bmp change in the file, add more files.I get an error when installing.

'Installation aborted and Writing splash image faild! :(

Does the splash.bmp byte size match? Add more files? You're not supposed to add anything.

It's a safety feature that prevents you from flashing bad images. It also says where you find the log that tells exactly where it failed.

Guest KonstaT

Changing with the file of the same size and format.I get an error when installing.

Exactly 768070 bytes? If not, error message is "Writing splash image failed!", "See /tmp/log.txt for more information.".

You need to give the whole error message and a log or I can't help you.

adb shell cat /tmp/log.txt
[/CODE]

Guest KonstaT

768072 != 768070. You need to lose 2 bytes.

Use GIMP to edit image, or use a hex editor, or use GizmoTheGreen's guide linked in the op, or make flashable zip that flashes a stock splash.img. There's plenty of ways to do this...

Guest KonstaT

Download convert me here.

LOL, on the matter of making unrealistic requests - I can do it, but I charge 100€ for it. ;)

There's plenty of information available for you to do it yourself. No one owes you anything here!

Guest Igoritza

KonstaT how do you make custom image with the EXACT file size ? I am customized with Photoshop and this GIMP thingy looks weird, controls are funny, let alone saving the file.

Could you write a 1 sentence explanation of how to make an image via GIMP, appear exactly 768070 bytes ?

edit: no need as I figured out the "never used in my life" BMP format. splashed it like a boss! :D

splash.jpg

Edited by Igoritza