[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest quaker02

hello. two questions about this rom please, for the people that used both, how does v9 this rom compare with stock+ in terms of responsiveness and smoothness? spent hours yesterday customizing stock+ b960 so don't really want to wipe everything only to find out maybe stock+ was faster and redo everything... also, does it allow for mms to be sent and received without having to enable data?

thank you :)

hello. two questions about this rom please, for the people that used both, how does v9 this rom compare with stock+ in terms of responsiveness and smoothness? spent hours yesterday customizing stock+ b960 so don't really want to wipe everything only to find out maybe stock+ was faster and redo everything... also, does it allow for mms to be sent and received without having to enable data?

thank you :)

i used slim rom for a few days, now i'm on stock+ b960 since one day

and i find stock+ a little smoother & battery is better also

so i recommend stock+

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest relvas18

The rom has stock kernel, but if you install Paul's kernel you don't need to "Pimp" to have init.d support. My idea is to make a rom as minimal as possible so users can add what they want to customize it. Initially I didn't post it here since there already were so many good roms in Modaco, and now that there is this thread I don't think it's needed to make a new one. Here is a screenshot with the new battery icon, if you dont like it just replace the file /system/app/SystemUI.apk with the one from v8 (if enough users ask for this I'll make an addon :P).

ddIngPo.png

I replace SystemUI.apk and now my phone is always crash

Guest quaker02

i used slim rom for a few days, now i'm on stock+ b960 since one day

and i find stock+ a little smoother & battery is better also

so i recommend stock+

ended up installing it anyway, was pretty surprised of how jerky it was especially when everyone was saying of how fast it is.. not a bad rom from what i gathered but went back to stock+ anyway. thanks :)

Guest TangerineTractor

interesting. downloading now. v8 was definitely the fastest my phone has ever run...

=

v9 not as fast as v8 for me... interesting that apps like opera mobile and falcon on v8 stay loaded indefinitely, but on v9 (and stock+) they close after a while on standby. this is noticeable because the apps take a few seconds to reload, which they don't do on v8. So something has changed on the memory management.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

The rom has stock kernel, but if you install Paul's kernel you don't need to "Pimp" to have init.d support. My idea is to make a rom as minimal as possible so users can add what they want to customize it. Initially I didn't post it here since there already were so many good roms in Modaco, and now that there is this thread I don't think it's needed to make a new one. Here is a screenshot with the new battery icon, if you dont like it just replace the file /system/app/SystemUI.apk with the one from v8 (if enough users ask for this I'll make an addon :P).

ddIngPo.png

V8 battery icon please!

Guest TangerineTractor

Ok, v10 released, I reverted some of the chages in v9: back to v8 battery icon, back to gapps from B952, undo some tweaks. Hope this works better for you.

I am never going to get any sleep!

Guest TangerineTractor

I am never going to get any sleep!

that's much better! very fast, overclock with Paul's kernel to 1.19. Apps stay loaded longer, very responsive, very quick. No issues at all.

Nice job! Muchas gracias.

that's much better! very fast, overclock with Paul's kernel to 1.19. Apps stay loaded longer, very responsive, very quick. No issues at all.

Nice job! Muchas gracias.

whats the difference between v9 and v10?

I'm using v8.

Edited by yaqh

Ok, v10 released, I reverted some of the chages in v9: back to v8 battery icon, back to gapps from B952, undo some tweaks. Hope this works better for you.

Thanks!!!

Guest glassblower

I've been messing around with various ROM's on here. I must thank all the developers for their hard work making them happen. I've settled on this slim ROM because it works best for me on my G300. I would have stayed with Stock+ but bbc iplayer won't work for me on that rom.

The setup that works best for me is this v10 slim rom and paulmilbank's #19 kernel. The swiftkey keyboard is a bit laggy when the #15 kernel is used with the slim rom but #19 works absolutely perfectly. Wifi & bluetooth hands free car set both working as they should. Processor speed set to 1.15 using no frills cpu.

Lovely work. Thanks again.

Neil

PS #19 kernel is here http://www.mediafire...3d0irtycdyybw7x

or here http://www.mediafire...bflssflvs9bpb9y

**Perhaps someone could help here, both the links above point to a #19 kernel but one says test. Which is the latest and which is best to use?

Edited by glassblower

One of them is labelled "test" the other "19". I installed the "test" kernel by accident. No issues. But will open the packet now and see if I can discover anything about it.

Might go back and flash the "19" one tho. Where did you get the links from?

PS the "Test" flash seems to be a bootloader...?

Both are...

Android 4.0.3 for Huawei U8815

simple boot image updater

created by Omegamoon

visit www.omegamoon.com for updates

Noticed no difference in Benchmark scores between them.

Edited by ptoner

Guest glassblower

The links were from this forum. I'm running #19 test with slim v10 and all is well.

I'm not an expert on this stuff so sorry, I don't understand what you mean by the test flash being a bootloader.

I'm pretty sure the latest ics stock+ showed up in the menus as running #19 test kernel.

Neil

Edited by glassblower

Guest grabster

Running v10 and liking it.

Been using infusion for ages and use the walkman player constantly so i dont want to switch players.

I have tried various apk's and zips but i still cant install the walkman app .

Anyone tried and got it working ?