[firmware] stock b960 Vodafone_PT

Guest matrakio

Guest matrakio

1 gb of that 1,6 gb backup is of the file .android_secure.img

Upload only system.img and boot.img inside a zip.

I'm uploading system.img and boot.img inside a zip to dropbox

aprox ~245 mb

1 gb of that 1,6 gb backup is of the file .android_secure.img

I'm uploading system.img and boot.img inside a zip to dropbox

aprox ~245 mb

Yh that's about right...

How fast is your upload speed btw?

Guest matrakio

Yh that's about right...

How fast is your upload speed btw?

sry guys but this is going to be long,

slow upload speeds.. and my internet connection today is getting random drops.

Guest matrakio

hi matrakio... before sending off the phone to warranty, were you on ICS? how would you describe the volume of ringtones and alarms on this B960?

yes, I were with b936, good and loud enough just like b936.

Nice one, saves me the hassle. I hope you've actually tested this one though... Remember the last one? tongue.png

i remember the last one..updater script checked and i flashed it on my phone before uploading...

Guest JackRackham

yes, I were with b936, good and loud enough just like b936.

Well, thanks a lot for the info, let's hope a clean stock update.app shows up somehow!

I'm downloading the repack because I wanna checkout some stuff, maybe we can apply a patch to actual B952... I'll keep you guys informed on any progress!

--

JackRackham

Guest JackRackham

Looking for something, I found something else...

I usually hook up my phones to my car stereo line in to use it as a media player or with turn-by-turn navigation. With my G300 I have a problem: the output seems to have a very strong echo.

I managed to solve the problem disabling the DTS feature in the Audio section.

Looking in the B952 build.prop file I noticed these strings:

ro.config.hw_dts=true

ro.config.hw_dtsmode=true

ro.config.hw_music_dts=false

I played with different true/false combinations... with everything set to false I noticed a little increase in ringtones volume, but that might be placebo effect...

Then I looked into the B960 build.prop file, and I noticed that those strings are not even there, so Vodafone and/or Huawei decided that are not useful!

Result: commenting or deleting those 3 strings on B952 actually disable the DTS option in the Audio section, permanently solving the "echo" problem for me

Anyone wants to experiment with that and confirm/deny the increase in volume? But warning, as I said, I might be wrong! :)

--

JackRackham

Guest JackRackham

Ok guys, I think I got some working results to show off! :)

If different builds behave differently about ringtones volumes, the issue must be software related.

So I downloaded CWM repacks of B936 (reported to have loud ringtones), B952 Vodafone and B960 Vodafone (also reported to have loud ringtones)

I went looking into the build.prop files and compared them with my B952 General Version and I found out that my version has some missing strings. The one that caught my attention was:

ro.config.ringtone_vol_adjust=true

I added this string to my build.prop file and changed "true" to "false" (without quotes!), did a reboot and that's it, louder volumes!!!

This time the difference is more evident just by using your ears, but I did some recording tests (nothing too scientific, but still gave evidence!)

The test was made by recording the same ringtones / alarms / notifications sounds with both true and false options, with the phone speaker placed 5 cm from a microphone using Audacity. In every screenshot you will find both Waveform and Spectrogram views.

The volume gain seems more evident when using a ringtone, but something also happens to alarms and notifications.

Please, try this one and let me what you think about it!

These are my results:

RINGTONE

ringtonecomparison.th.png

NOTIFICATION

notificationcomparison.th.png

ALARM

alarmcomparison.th.png

--

JackRackham

Guest unaszplodrmann

Nice one, Jack :)

Just had a look at B960 in comparison to B952; there are changes to audio libs and the libbcc JIT library, and the kernel is also different. aapt reckons all the APK versions are the same.

Guest jsevi83

Nice one, Jack :)

Just had a look at B960 in comparison to B952; there are changes to audio libs and the libbcc JIT library, and the kernel is also different. aapt reckons all the APK versions are the same.

I see some Huawei apps with newer versions in B952. Gapps are newer in B960, as indicated by build.prop.

B960:

package: name='com.huawei.hidisk' versionCode='3148' versionName='3.1.48'

package: name='com.huawei.android.launcher' versionCode='5' versionName='5.1.4'

package: name='com.huawei.android.totemweather' versionCode='40026' versionName='4.0.26'

package: name='com.google.android.talk' versionCode='330' versionName='4.0.4-488656'

ro.com.google.gmsversion=ics_signed_r7

B952:

package: name='com.huawei.hidisk' versionCode='3159' versionName='3.1.59'

package: name='com.huawei.android.launcher' versionCode='5' versionName='5.1.9'

package: name='com.huawei.android.totemweather' versionCode='40032' versionName='4.0.32'

package: name='com.google.android.talk' versionCode='330' versionName='4.0.4-459102'

ro.com.google.gmsversion=ics_signed_r6

Guest unaszplodrmann

I see some Huawei apps with newer versions in B952. Gapps are newer in B960, as indicated by build.prop.

B960:

package: name='com.huawei.hidisk' versionCode='3148' versionName='3.1.48'

package: name='com.huawei.android.launcher' versionCode='5' versionName='5.1.4'

package: name='com.huawei.android.totemweather' versionCode='40026' versionName='4.0.26'

package: name='com.google.android.talk' versionCode='330' versionName='4.0.4-488656'

ro.com.google.gmsversion=ics_signed_r7

B952:

package: name='com.huawei.hidisk' versionCode='3159' versionName='3.1.59'

package: name='com.huawei.android.launcher' versionCode='5' versionName='5.1.9'

package: name='com.huawei.android.totemweather' versionCode='40032' versionName='4.0.32'

package: name='com.google.android.talk' versionCode='330' versionName='4.0.4-459102'

ro.com.google.gmsversion=ics_signed_r6

Interesting. Which B952 version are you comparing with? I compared with the 'WW' release and the badge dumps are identical to B960.

Guest jsevi83

Interesting. Which B952 version are you comparing with? I compared with the 'WW' release and the badge dumps are identical to B960.

I'm comparing to the International version V100R001C00B952. I downloaded the update.app from Huawei site, unpacked it and extracted the system.img.

Guest unaszplodrmann

I was actually looking at another B952 CWM repack, when I thought I was looking at the international (WW) version - I need to cleanup these folders of unpacked roms ;)

So it seems that there at least 2 different versions of B952. I see the same differences as you looking comparing the WW CWM repack.

So it seems that there at least 2 different versions of B952.

Ones a ota/imagedump Vodafone release and one an official Huawei release, they were a month or so apart if I remember right.

Edited by Cyda

Good day.

1- Is there an update zip off this ROM from those two images?

2- And would it have all Vodafone PT APPS for the guarantee?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by mngt13