[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest doveman

I got the percentages from the Link2SD app, that comes along when you flash the Link2int zip

Thanks for the info, I'll reinstall that soon then, just want to test the ROM and apps a bit more first :)

Guest doveman

This technical blog post busts the myth of pm.sleep_mode, and states "adding this value to your build.prop will have no effect at all". There's nothing about the ril power collapse setting, but there's a comment that seems to suggest that it'll have no effect either. I'd guess that 0 was the default anyway.

Anyone got empirical evidence that these do have any effect?

As Winston Churchill once said: "don't believe anything you read on the Internet". ;)

Spoilsport ;)

Guest irishpancake

As Winston Churchill once said: "don't believe anything you read on the Internet". ;)

Winston Churchill said that??

I think it cudda been his Black Dawg said it.....

Woof.... Woof!!! ;-)

Edited by irishpancake

Guest tillaz

As Winston Churchill once said: "don't believe anything you read on the Internet". wink.png

exactly... and i don't believe what you just read on the internet, ;)

i have personally used these settings in ROMs, and know for a fact they make a difference for a couple of reasons

the main one begin that if you set it to =0 things like whatsapp, viber, gmail, etc.. stop receiving any messages once in deep sleep, until the screen is turned on

back on my gingerbread Rom for the zte skate, i used to set it to =0 until people reported the above... after changing to =1 it was ok

Anyone got empirical evidence that these do have any effect?

try them and find out

Guest doveman

try them and find out

Indeed, I certainly can't see that they could hurt, even if they don't help much.

If we didn't believe anything we read on the Internet there wouldn't be much point having it ;)

Guest irishpancake

Indeed, I certainly can't see that they could hurt, even if they don't help much.

If we didn't believe anything we read on the Internet there wouldn't be much point having it ;)

Yeah... this whole ting could be one gigantic lie....

I mean did those guys really walk on the Moon back in the day!!

I mean, has anyone ever seen a tweet from Niel Armstrong from the surface....

Never happened I tell ya...

now, if it woz Lance.....

then I'd believe :lol: :rolleyes:

Guest Pain_Deluxe
I have this bugs (little bugs):

- On dead trigger and shadowgun dont work well

- After a while, the light my buttons dont work, I have to reboot to fix it.

Dead Trigger graphic issues is an kernel and adreno driver problem.

Use CM9 or GB to avoid this problem

Guest bladebuddy

As Winston Churchill once said: "don't believe anything you read on the Internet". wink.png

A bit late for that ,"Churchill you sly old bugger".

Guest doveman

A bit late for that ,"Churchill you sly old bugger".

Oh, good old Churchie, who I learnt today (thanks Private Eye) responded to the 1926 general strike by urging Stanley Baldwin "to take the BBC under state control and use it as a government mouthpiece" and "setting up an official government newspaper, the British Gazette, which he ran from number 11 Downing Street". When the Daily Mirror printed a cartoon he didn't approve of in 1942, he proposed closing it down!

So I can quite believe he would have discouraged us from believing anything we read, other than in the official state newspaper/website of course ;)

Guest bladebuddy

Oh, good old Churchie, who I learnt today (thanks Private Eye) responded to the 1926 general strike by urging Stanley Baldwin "to take the BBC under state control and use it as a government mouthpiece" and "setting up an official government newspaper, the British Gazette, which he ran from number 11 Downing Street". When the Daily Mirror printed a cartoon he didn't approve of in 1942, he proposed closing it down!

So I can quite believe he would have discouraged us from believing anything we read, other than in the official state newspaper/website of course ;)

I wasn't knocking you're post , just referring it back to one of mine you probably didn't read. Always good to learn about are history and thanks J.

Guest doveman

I wasn't knocking you're post , just referring it back to one of mine you probably didn't read. Always good to learn about are history and thanks J.

Nah, I didn't think for a minute you were ;)

Guest doveman

Mine already looks like the circle battery and I haven't added anything.

With the power-saving tweaks, last night over about 8 hours my battery only went down from 84% to 82% which is rather good. Obviously this is going to vary depending on how much data (e-mail, chat messages) is received over Wi-Fi but that was without anything like that happening. Just to reiterate, I don't use 2G/3G data so that's just with Wi-Fi enabled.

Guest TangerineTractor

I've got a slight irritation.

For some reason, Play Store is not forcing uploads from the PC web browser to my phone. It's the only device registered, it sees teh installed apps fine, but when I try to install something it doesn't push it to my phone, but it does appear in my list of apps in Play Store on my phone, and I can trigger it to install from there.

I've tried stopping Play and clearing data then relogging in, and I've logged out and in again on my pc...

Guest irishpancake

My little Churchill joke about "Black Dawg" was a reference to his Depression....he called it his Black Dog!!!

http://www.searchquotes.com/quotes/author/Winston_Churchill/

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Churchill%27s%20Black%20Dog.jpg

No offences to anyone, depression is a serious thing, I know!!

Edited by irishpancake

Hi

I'm currently running stock GB B892 but would like to come over to this ROM; the only thing stopping me is that I really find it useful to know if my call is waiting (it says on the screen "dialling call waiting"). Can somebody please confirm this is the case with this ROM only - last time I tried ICS it did not have this feature...?

Looks like a great ROM but above feature is a dealbreaker for me if it is not present in this ROM, would appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Guest goodfella123

Not been on here for a while so apologies if what i'm asking has already been answered.

I updated to this rom today from 936 infusion which i really liked.

I think i prefer the infusion 936 due to the flexibility of simple things such as alphabetical app drawer, sliding shortcuts to apps at bottom, more home screens etc etc.

Is there a more updated custom rom by tillaz than 936?

Is it better to stick with this 960 stock + rom?

Guest goodfella123

For those things you just need a different launcher - Nova and Apex are popular

As soon as you said 'nova' i knew the nova settings were not there.

Thanks.