[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest kyan31
Re-flashed this rom over the weekend, could someone please help:
  1. My gmail widget will not refresh to show new mail. I don't get a notification in the bar at the top either. Any ideas?
  2. Someone i spoke to said i may have to re-flash gapps. Is that right?
  3. Could i flash a latest jelly bean rom over this, if so which one would you recommend?

Thanks.

1. You might have auto-sync disabled, so check that its not. Do this by going to:

Settings/accounts/google/your account/tick gmail

2. You can flash any ROM over any previous ROM. There are no limits to flashing. As long as you make the required wipes, everything will be fine:

Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe /system

Wipe /cust - not needed but I do it

Wipe cache

Wipe dalvik cache

Guest goodfella123

Thanks for that.

In the end i followed the relevant guides and installed [ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13.

Had it all up and running with apps re-installed within an hour.

I love being able to delete mail without having to go into the gmail app/widget.

Edited by goodfella123

Guest kyan31

I love being able to delete mail without having to go into the gmail app/widget.

That's a standard JB feature too, so all JB based ROMs should have that feature available :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest Smiff2

still the best stock-based fixed-up rom, or anything better come along in last 4/5 months or so? thinking about updating from stock GB, i can leave BL locked?

...apparently can't install CWM with locked BL, will have to wait for code from Huawei..

...and got code, that was fast. will try this rom later unless anyone has other suggestions for similar. on paper this looks ideal.

edit3: installed, easier than expected (going from GB stock so still quite a faff).

no major problems so far except the default new mail sound was a ringtone which was funny, maybe from leftover old k9 settings not sure if that's a default in this rom. also Titanium Backup went a bit crazy when i overclocked so will leave that off for a bit. Looks great so far thanks, also just spotted the addons which fixes one of my complaints.

Edited by Smiff2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dalyer

Does this ROM wakes the lock screen with volume keys?

You mean does it turn the screen on when the vol keys are pressed? Yes - if you flash the relevant add-on in the first post of this long thread.

Edited by dalyer

found one kind of bad problem, which i'm guessing is probably a stock bug?

it doesn't connect to foreign network for roaming automatically, either needs selecting manually and/or a reboot.

when returning to home network, def. needs a reboot, otherwise it can't connect (Even) if selected manually.

this was giffgaff uk trying to roam in spain btw.

didn't use to be a problem on GB roms.

Edited by Smiff2

• 2 weeks later...

The in-built call recording function works well but having to enable it for each call doesn't work so well, as it can't be turned on at the start or whilst the other end is ringing, only once they've answered, so I'm trying to look at the phone and bring up the menu to activate it whilst the other end is going "Hello, is anyone there" ;)

Is there any way to make it record by default all calls, to avoid this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drama20050202

bootanimation over 1 hour after flash :-s all wipes..ideas?:-s

after over an hour it's ok , but it's that normal? 

Edited by drama20050202

No, that's not normal. I've never seen this rom take that long to boot or ever heard a report of it that I can recall. If all is ok now then don't worry about it too much but it sounds as if something went wrong during the flash.

Not normal. Max 5 mins for me. Restore the nandroid backup then re-do the steps mentioned in the first post and install the ROM

Guest drama20050202

No, that's not normal. I've never seen this rom take that long to boot or ever heard a report of it that I can recall. If all is ok now then don't worry about it too much but it sounds as if something went wrong during the flash.

After 1 day , some font artifacts , and no-frills CPU is not present..i will fash it again :p

Guest cutcutcut

So a couple of noobish questions, I've tried searching the thread but I couldn't find the answer. I'm looking at using this rom, hopefully installing in the next week or so. Does Huawei All backup app work in this rom ok? And is there a way of using the Huawei toggles at all? I'd prefer to stay using those toggles.

I just searched the thread (using the "this topic" search near the top right of the page) for "backup" and "toggles" and found info that may be of interest to you.

Edited by dalyer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Desmond2708

I also had the issue of this taking an hour to boot the first time after installing(well, i pulled the battery after 20+ mins). This was with using CWM version 6.0.3.6 I think. I then flashed with the latest TWRP and repeated the install procedure and everything went perfectly. <5 min bootup time.

Guest SparkTheDark

Hi all,

Decided to flash the SlimBean JB ROM but wanted to switch back to Stock+; as to my other thread, Stock+ doesn't want to install correctly. I can install other ICS ROM's without issue just not Stock+.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Guest ukimann

Everything works great except widgets don't refresh at all. Clock, weather, calendar, gmail, flipboard...they work for a little while and than just stop refreshing and all I can do is reboot the phone.:(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest woychan

try installing previous version of aptoide.i had same problem with moto droid pro few day ago.

since yesterday im back to g300,and i have wifi problem-it connects but somtimes it just stops to work