• Chipset Qualcomm (MSM7225A @ 800MHz)
  • Memory 512MB RAM / 512MB ROM (up to 130MB available) + SD Card slot
  • Battery capacity 1100 mAh
  • Networks GSM / EDGE / 3G+
  • Connectivity WiFi b/g/n, BT 2.1, GPS/AGPS, FM radio

[Via: Vodafone]

gallery_19680_3_2781.jpg

Guest schmatzler

Do you know which resolution the display has? That's the only disadvantage of the Tureis.

I think the Tureis could also run at 800MHz if specified.

If the display is better on that device it's something good. But I absolutely hate that Vodafone branding.

Guest schmatzler

Maybe I will buy one. The only thing I don't understand is why they are sticking with Android 2.3.x.

4.x. has been released a long time ago, it's about time to react.

• 1 month later...
Guest j3zzoo

Guys, I have this phone from Vodafone Ireland. There is no related forum section so I'm writing here. I can't root this phone by any way. So far I've tried many "one click" tools, searched on google and found nothing. X-ray application shows that device is NOT vulnerable for any rooting exploits. What can I do ? Where I can find help ? Maybe here ?

List of applications that I've tried so far :

SuperOneClick

ZhuoDashi

SRSRoot

UnlockRoot

UniversalAndroot

OneClickRoot

If anyone can help and need more information about this phone just let me know. I'm really desperate about rooting this one :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dedeswim

I tried to dump all the content on the phone, but I could just get /system folder

If we don't find a way to root it we will never be able to get CWM and Custom Roms...

Some ideas?

Edit:

I found that: did someone try?

Edited by dedeswim

Guest j3zzoo

Edit:

I found that: did someone try?

Confirmed working ! Su is outdated but ROOT access is working ! Just download SuperSU and update SU throught this app.

Edit : proof

PHv3t6H.pngAzZNgSh.pngVKVRhsb.png

Edit 2 : I've dumped what I could from this phone (recovery.img is broken due to my noob failure flashing some other recovery.img from other device) Hope that some of u guys can make something nice with this :

- dump by romdump v82b: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dp3ol4

- dump by dd: boot.img http://www.sendspace.com/file/ehhf3r

Edit 3: @dedeswim could u upload here your recovery.img I hope u still have original one ?

Edited by j3zzoo

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest schmatzler

I've made a romdump of two versions and dumped a signed update .zip (ripped it from the /cache folder after interrupting the OTA updater):

ro.build.display.id=VodafoneSmartChat-MSM7225A-V02c-Sep272012-Vodafone-UK
ro.build.version.incremental=20120926.231218.25481

http://schmatzler.de/zte-p752d/V02c-Sep272012/

ro.build.display.id=VodafoneSmartChat-MSM7225A-V03a-Dec062012-Vodafone-UK
ro.build.version.incremental=20121206.095513.8829

http://schmatzler.de/zte-p752d/V03a-Dec062012/

System update from the September version to the December version.
Contains a lot of binary patches, so be careful:

http://schmatzler.de/zte-p752d/02c-t...B09_to_B11.zip

I hope that I can port over Clockworkmod, I'm working on that at the moment.

Guest j3zzoo

Great job ! Finally after a year someone did this :) I will try your mod on my Smart Chat when it comes back from abroad.

Edited by j3zzoo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest schmatzler

Just a quick update:

I'm finally able to get into the Cyanogenmod bootscreen now! :)

I'm in the process of updating the outdated Gingerbread kernel with KGSL and msm_fb patches (and a lot more things in the process).

I can already start up Cyanogenmod, at least until the Wifi driver crashes and locks up the whole system.

And it only boots if I disable genlock (for now), which is a horrible and whacky solution.

I'm confident that I can give you an alpha version of CM10.2 in the next weeks. If you want to follow my process on github, feel free to do so:

https://github.com/schmatzler/zte-kernel-smartchat

Edit: I was able to stabilize the KGSL core of the kernel. Jellybean drivers for the ZTE N880 work without any crashes now.

The touchscreen doesn't work yet, I have to do some work there now :(

Edited by schmatzler

• 2 weeks later...
Guest schmatzler

I made a lot of progress, but now I am stuck :( So far I managed to get everything working, except Wifi, Camera and Mobile Data.

I can actually connect to a 3G network and I can also make calls and send SMS. But I can't get any APN's to work :(

I think I narrowed it down to a point in libril where a response with the network parameters gets truncated like this:

D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): sending RIL_UNSOL_DATA_CALL_LIST_CHANGED
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): UI <--- RIL_UNSOL_DATA_CALL_LIST_CHANGED (1010) --- RIL [RID 0, Len 640, (null)]
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): [UNSL]< UNSOL_DATA_CALL_LIST_CHANGED {[status=0,cid=0,up,rmnet0,10.203.58.126,212.23.115.150 212.23.115.132,10.203.58.125],[status=0,cid=1,up,rmnet0,10.203.58.126,212.23.115.150 212.23.115.132,10.203.58.125],[status=0,cid=2,up,rmnet0,10.203.58.126,212.23.115.150 212.23.115.132,10.203.58.125],[status=0,cid=3,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=4,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=5,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=6,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=7,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=8,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=9,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=10,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=11,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=12,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=13,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=14,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=15,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=16,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=17,down,(
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): qcril_data_unsol_call_list_changed: EXIT with succ
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): qcril_data_event_hdlr: EXIT with suc
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): qcril_event_main(): Waiting...
V/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): processWakeupCallback
D/RILJ    (  665): [0160]< SETUP_DATA_CALL DataCallResponse: {version=6 status=0 retry=2 cid=2 active=0 type=' ifname='null' addresses=[] dnses=[] gateways=[]}
D/RILJ    (  665): responseDataCallList ver=6 num=20
E/RILJ    (  665): Exception processing unsol response: 1010Exception:java.lang.RuntimeException: getDataCallResponse, no ifname

I think the list in UNSOL_DATA_CALL_LIST_CHANGED is so long that it's not closed properly at the end and cannot be parsed by RILJ. That causes RILJ to believe that the network interface is null instead of rmnet0 and breaks the data connection.

My head burns, I have to get some rest, leave it for the time being and get back at it later...

• 10 months later...
Guest schmatzler

Wow, it's been a long time. I don't know if anyone is still reading this but I resumed working on this device (because my old ZTE Tureis finally broke down :'-( .

I finally managed to fix the data connection (which took me some days to work out) so all that's left to fix is Wi-Fi, the camera and USB mounting (I only have to backport the driver into the kernel).

As soon as I've managed to do this, I will release a ROM - for now, the binary RIL blob from ZTE only works with CM10.2. On later versions, it goes nuts. Have to stick to that :( But technically, the device should be able to handle KitKat (or later).

Edit: Got WiFi to work. :-) But I noticed that Whatsapp crashes the graphics driver when scrolling through my contacts. Seems like I have to port more KGSL changes over.

Edited by schmatzler

• 3 weeks later...