[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest 1amarr

Absolutely not. This is not some winzipped ROM. I upload a single update zip that directly comes out of the build process.

Google Music is not available in my country, but I've always thought the whole point of it was that it's cloud based and you don't need to store the music on your device. :o Any mp3s you've stored on your external sdcard will of course work just fine with Google Music and other music players (and media files will work just fine with Gallery/etc).

With all my apps installed I still have 2GB available on my internal storage. I keep music, photos, videos, ROMs, ClockWorkMod backups, etc on my external sdcard. I don't have any problem with the size of the internal storage.

No, you don't understand. It's currently implemented in the only correct way. It is not broken - there is nothing to fix.

https://android.goog...torage/index.md

Only other possible solutions is that I revert it back to the previous implementation (only external sdcard) and take crap from the ones who want to utilize the internal storage.

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. There's nothing that needs to fixed asap. You wan't something fixed or working the way you like it, you better do it yourself!

1. Neither is Google Music available in my country but I still use it so whatever. And I don't have unlimited data to listen to my 17000 tracks. I needed my SD card for the storage of my favourite albums, which are 4-5 GB but now I can only have like 1-1.5 GB. The app downloads songs from Google's servers straight to the default storage space which is in this case the internal one. i cannot move those files to the SD via copy-paste, because then it will not be located in the /Android/data of the default storage and it won't be recognized....

2. I know theoretically this is the correct way. Yes, in a phone which has only 1 storage partition of 8-16 GB's it is the correct way. but for our phone it is not.

3. You are not getting crap from anyone, basicly everyone is thankful for your work, we just wish the rom could serve it's original purpose aka a usable phone.

Or what should I do if say i want to play a game with 5 GB game data? (I don't play games like these but let's say i wanted to.) The App downloades data to the internal storage but it is only 2.5 Gb... What then...

So we only saying that if it worked in 4.1, it would work in 4.2 it is the sole deceision of yours. Am I correct?

Guest plantroon

btw, my friend who has ZTE Blade 1 and uses another ROM (something pacman related...pacman 2 or so..) also has the same problem .. with even less internal storage his phone is useless now ... but ok ... 2.5 GB is enough for many things :D but rly I need to play RR3 from time to time and I don't wanna have the whole gig in my internal storage

Guest Otila

u0_a38@android:/ $ su

u0_a38@android:/ # echo $EXTERNAL_STORAGE

/storage/emulated/legacy

u0_a38@android:/ #

Nothing happen just this... :-)

As root in adb shell it might be different. So, try starting some app, then in adb shell find out its PID, e.g. "busybox ps lww".

If app has PID 666, then you can view /proc/666/environ /proc/666/mounts ...

this env var is used only(?) when app uses file:// scheme in getCanonicalUri

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/Environment.html#getExternalStorageState()

However, the apps may be now returned path to their own, isolated external storage implemented using bind mounts. So try to find out what directory the app is returned.

Guest robt77

Has anyone had issues getting MTP to work on Linux? Had to use adb push to transfer music from PC to phone. No biggie just wondering what I had done wrong...

Guest Otila

okay,I installed today's version of CM10.1. Apps installed on sdcard disappeared, some apps, e.g. easyvoicerecorder now writes to /storage/emulated/legacy/EasyVoiceRecorder , but still /proc/666/mounts has /storage/sdcard1 listed, and yes, apps can access that directory just fine.

Titanium backup didn't find backups when started, but it can be configured to read /storage/sdcard1 where my backups were.

MW premium installed on /data/media/0/Android/data/com.merriamwebster.premium/ , I rm -rf'ed /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.merriamwebster.premium/

If I make /data/media/0/Android/data/com.tripadvisor.android.apps.cityguide.helsinki a symlink to the previous directory at sdcard, the app does not work (shows images as blank (because of permissions).

MapFactor Navigator found the maps from /storage/sdcard1 , yippee. Also a couple of other apps can also search $SECONDARY_STORAGE (or /mnt/sdcard) for their stuff. Some not. Quite a mess.

Nova Launcher backup says it goes to /sdcard/data , in adb shell I can find them in /storage/emulated/legacy/data/com.teslacoilsw.launcher/backup

Phone encryption does not work, so data is not more safe in case of theft now. /data/media/0 files are also media_rw:media_rw , mode 775, so I don't know if there are some benefits in this new storage change.

Guest ch282167340

Looks like it's mounted just fine. Mount points are just different than in the previous release.

Internal emulated storage: /sd-internal = /mnt/sd-internal = /storage/sdcard0 = /data/media

External SD card: /sdcard = /mnt/sdcard = /storage/sdcard1

Its so cool!

Thanks! My phone v889d can run.But no GSM!

I like the rom very much. And,I want to use it instead only be used to experience!

How to fix this bug? any help?

Guest KonstaT

Has anyone had issues getting MTP to work on Linux? Had to use adb push to transfer music from PC to phone. No biggie just wondering what I had done wrong...

Here's a guide for Ubuntu.

http://www.omgubuntu...for-file-access

Add Blade III MTP mode to udev rules.

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0306", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #MTP Blade3
[/CODE]

Its so cool!

Thanks! My phone v889d can run.But no GSM!

I like the rom very much. And,I want to use it instead only be used to experience!

How to fix this bug? any help?

This ROM is not supposed to work on a V889D. There is no dual-SIM support in CyanogenMod.

At best scenario it could work with one SIM only. You can try swapping RIL proprietaries from your stock ROM. It's also possible that a second rild process needs to be added to ramdisk.

will this work on v889m blade 3?

No, absolutely not. V889M is, well V889M (MediaTek chipset), not Blade III (Qualcomm chipset). Same casing, completely different device. You can't install anything from this forum!

Guest plantroon

@KonstaT ... this is a mod... so you should make it more useful for this device. Plz change the way of this new sd card mounting so that everything is stored to sdcard by default. SD card now has really no use at all for me ... I configured camera to store photos/videos there but I don't use camera that much so the sd card is empty while the internal memory has 2 MB free ... or is there any other use for the sd card now??

Guest bzyq00

@plantroom go to first site of this thread, there are links to KonstaT github. Read last few commits, and comments. You will see that, he add some solutions. So if you need it right now, just build your own version! Easy!

Guest plantroon

@plantroom go to first site of this thread, there are links to KonstaT github. Read last few commits, and comments. You will see that, he add some solutions. So if you need it right now, just build your own version! Easy!

If you meant this: https://github.com/KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40/commit/0d733d2bbaa9fd5e13981d182935678ae5d2e507... First of all I have no idea what to do with those lines :D Soon I'll figure out ... but I have a question: Does it only swap internal and external storage (so that my sdcard is shown as internal storage) or does it make it work the good old way? :D

Guest TopTomy

Hi KonstaT, much thanks for your awesome work!

I just flashed the new release and found out that I cannot move apps to SD card... I saw your reply saying that this is the way it should be according to Google... But since we have only 2.5GB on our Blade III, this space will drain quickly (at least for me).

So what are you suggesting? Are you going to change it and add again the option to move apps to SD card, or should I flash the older release?

Thanks, Tom.

Guest plantroon

Wtb releasing two builds from now: One with the new internal storage crap for people who wants to get rid of their sdcards and be as limited as possible and the other one for people who use this device as their primary one ? just an idea ... dont hate me KonstaT

Guest robt77

Here's a guide for Ubuntu.

http://www.omgubuntu...for-file-access

Add Blade III MTP mode to udev rules.

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0306", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #MTP Blade3

Thanks KonstaT - Just about to add the Udev rules and find that Ubuntu 13:04 now has native MTP support and works like a dream :)

Guest 1amarr

Hi KonstaT, much thanks for your awesome work!

I just flashed the new release and found out that I cannot move apps to SD card... I saw your reply saying that this is the way it should be according to Google... But since we have only 2.5GB on our Blade III, this space will drain quickly (at least for me).

So what are you suggesting? Are you going to change it and add again the option to move apps to SD card, or should I flash the older release?

Thanks, Tom.

This. My thoughts exactly.

Meanwhile, does anyone have links to older versions?

Guest plantroon

This. My thoughts exactly.

Meanwhile, does anyone have links to older versions?

http://forum.zteblade.eu/index.php/zte-blade-iii/cyanogenmod-10-1-from-konstat.html ... those seem to be working :) .. but you loose more than u gain if you use older version of CM 10.1 on Blade 3 now :D Aurora Borealis is a way to go for stability/speed imho ... did not try though (cos I can't find my Blade 3 .. it's somewhere in da house xD silent mode enabled)

Guest bigbluetaurus

http://forum.zteblad...om-konstat.html ... those seem to be working :) .. but you loose more than u gain if you use older version of CM 10.1 on Blade 3 now :D Aurora Borealis is a way to go for stability/speed imho ... did not try though (cos I can't find my Blade 3 .. it's somewhere in da house xD silent mode enabled)

could not agree more! ;)

Guest KonstaT

Hmm... does anyone know which FM chip is used in the Blade 3?

No need for ST-Ericsson FM implementation, Qualcomm stuff works fine. It's a real shame that Qualcomm didn't bother to finish FM audio setup for msm7x27a even on 4.1 jellybean. Uncommenting FM devices will only result in segfaults.

https://www.codeauro..._chocolate#l324

post-834050-0-59647700-1367081310_thumb.

And before anyone asks. When? Probably never like it says in the OP. Why? No audio.

Guest toby0897

Did "repo sync" finish without errors? Does repo command point to the one at ~/Source/.repo/repo/repo (it shold be from https://gerrit.googl...ce.com/git-repo)?

yea it did but i cant try to do another repo sync because im at my computer when im at my computer next i will try to do another repo sync

EDIT: i did a repo sync and tried to make a build and here is the log with the same error

http://pastebin.com/aBQqJZxB

Edited by toby0897