[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest papars

I've spend some time with this rom, checking apps on my phone.

Apps that don't run:

-Bad roads

-clouds and sheep

-motonav

-navigon

-open garden

-pumping vs monsters

In most if not all cases the app comes up with some initial screen, then it closes or crashes. 'bad roads' shows a out of sync picture , like a tv not tuned properly.

I have a logcat, but can't figure how to upload here, from my phone. A quick look into the file revealed java errors.

Here's the logcat. Inside you will see my sequential attempts to check some of my apps. Some run ok, the above plus a couple more don't.

2013-07-15-08-59-48.txt

Guest KonstaT

Here's the logcat. Inside you will see my sequential attempts to check some of my apps. Some run ok, the above plus a couple more don't.

Contact the app developers and ask them to update their apps for Android 4.2. Remember that you're running the latest and greatest Android version on your device and not all third party apps are yet up to date for that. There's nothing I can do for third party app support.

You'll find plenty of information by googling the recurring errors.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Buffer not large enough for pixels

java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare()

Guest papars

Odd wifi problem. I'm visiting a friend. The phone refuses to connect directly to his wifi router, but will connect to a wifi repeater attached wirelessly to the same router.

Here the logs.

log-router: I try to connect to the router but failed. Then I tried to connect to the repeater but I was away from it.

log-repeater: I moved close to the repeater and created new log. it connected right away.

Router/repeater are on the same channel, same encryption/password etc

Router is cloud9, repeater is 'the plan'.

Log_router-22-56-36.txt

Log_repeater_23-16-49.txt

Guest bamdad

Yeah, there's plenty of logs in the other thread too. Just nothing in the logs that would indicate the cause of the reboots.

yes, i have that too. if you tell me what to look for, i'd be more than willing to do so. so far, i've narrowed it down to cases where the processor is *downclocked*, i.e. using ondemand, when i do e.g. a # yes > /dev/null, everything is fine until i kill the yes process, allowing the processor to reduce its clock speed - then boom, freeze. earlier builds also had random instant reboots with blue screens, but that seems to have vanished with the latest updates (weird).

Guest fleky

yes, i have that too. if you tell me what to look for, i'd be more than willing to do so. so far, i've narrowed it down to cases where the processor is *downclocked*, i.e. using ondemand, when i do e.g. a # yes > /dev/null, everything is fine until i kill the yes process, allowing the processor to reduce its clock speed - then boom, freeze. earlier builds also had random instant reboots with blue screens, but that seems to have vanished with the latest updates (weird).

it seems more like a voltage problem to me. phone keeps restarting with all governors, except performance. (afaik performance only use the processor at max frequency, and give it the maximum voltage)

Guest peetu20

it seems more like a voltage problem to me. phone keeps restarting with all governors, except performance. (afaik performance only use the processor at max frequency, and give it the maximum voltage)

At all it seesms that Blade III processor has some problems with keeping clocks and voltage in right stage. For me, I use ondemand governor(The default one) and sometimes while I play music, it breaks, and playing isnt succesful. Still it seems that cpu works just fine, and while power is needed, it put clocks to 1008mhz and it can be loaded to 100% just fine.

Guest fleky

At all it seesms that Blade III processor has some problems with keeping clocks and voltage in right stage. For me, I use ondemand governor(The default one) and sometimes while I play music, it breaks, and playing isnt succesful. Still it seems that cpu works just fine, and while power is needed, it put clocks to 1008mhz and it can be loaded to 100% just fine.

Yep, but the strange thing is, it is working perfectly with Aurora ROM even with overclocking (i use smartassV2 as governor), so it can't be only the processor's fault.

Guest peetu20

Yep, but the strange thing is, it is working perfectly with Aurora ROM even with overclocking (i use smartassV2 as governor), so it can't be only the processor's fault.

Kernel? Aurora doesnt have CAF-kernel, as cm10.1 has

Guest bamdad

that's the weirdest thing.. i *tried* using the kernel from aurora, but, as expected, it failed miserably. ^^

Guest peetu20

that's the weirdest thing.. i *tried* using the kernel from aurora, but, as expected, it failed miserably. ^^

Yeah, aurora kernel is pretty much different than CAF in cm10.1 and cm10.1.

Guest Zoli18

too many blue screen,and restart...:( please fix..example:swiftkey,opera..etc..) crash..and we need ram optimize,cuz too slow :/ how can i fix random restarts? (sorry for bad english)

Guest peetu20

too many blue screen,and restart...:( please fix..example:swiftkey,opera..etc..) crash..and we need ram optimize,cuz too slow :/ how can i fix random restarts? (sorry for bad english)

As always, you should wipe data. And of course reflash, it may help to many problems.

Guest KonstaT

Please, take your speculation somewhere else. This has nothing to do with CM10.1. I've already said that there's two possibilities.

1) Different hardware revision (e.g. different lcd panel, touchscreen, etc). 2) Different software revision (different modem/radio firmware, bootloader, etc).

It can be a kernel issue only in the first case - that there's actually some hardware differences between devices. I'd still bet on it being a baseband/modem/bootloader related like the wifi issue on Acqua which is still somewhat unresolved I guess. There must be some difference between devices, otherwise it wouldn't work on most devices mine included!

Yeah, aurora kernel is pretty much different than CAF in cm10.1 and cm10.1.

*Sigh* You already asked this once and I explained. I've merged the source code that ZTE released on top of tagged CAF release. This brings basically two things. 1) Full git history. 2) Cleanup of ZTE code (mostly code that is never even compiled). So are they that different, no. Both kerners are fully open source, so go have a look first before making comments like this!

Guest fleky

Please, take your speculation somewhere else. This has nothing to do with CM10.1. I've already said that there's two possibilities.

Did I say a word about CM10.1? I noticed, there are two possibilities according to you, I just wanted to give more information about the circumstances, because you said, you can't reproduce this on your device, and logs told nothing. But I'm sorry, if you take as a speculation.

Guest KonstaT

Did I say a word about CM10.1? I noticed, there are two possibilities according to you, I just wanted to give more information about the circumstances, because you said, you can't reproduce this on your device, and logs told nothing. But I'm sorry, if you take as a speculation.

This is a CM10.1 thread. There's already a separate thread about this issue.

http://www.modaco.co...elly-bean-roms/

All information is welcome but why scatter it on four/five threads where no one can find it?

Guest fleky

This is a CM10.1 thread. There's already a separate thread about this issue.

http://www.modaco.co...elly-bean-roms/

All information is welcome but why scatter it on four/five threads where no one can find it?

Okay, but that tread says "Problem with installing JB ROMS", the first post is about stucking at the cm logo, so i didn't have any problems with installing, so i didn't have any reason to check that thread out either, so imo this problem is a lot like more related this topic, or just makes more sense for me. But hey, you are the boss :)

It wasn't meant to be polluting this thread, or being disrespectful. Honestly, thanks for your work.

Guest KonstaT

Okay, but that tread says "Problem with installing JB ROMS", the first post is about stucking at the cm logo, so i didn't have any problems with installing, so i didn't have any reason to check that thread out either, so imo this problem is a lot like more related this topic, or just makes more sense for me. But hey, you are the boss :)

It wasn't meant to be polluting this thread, or being disrespectful. Honestly, thanks for your work.

Afaik the first post of that thread describes the issue exactly. There's logs, there's suggested work around in that thread. And it's sure as hell easier to read two pages than 50 pages of CM10/CM10.1 threads.

No, I'm not the boss here. And people should stop acting like I work for them too. I'm only nice enough to share some things that I've found interesting and that I've made for myself. If you have problems, it's not my problem. ;)

And I've open sourced it all for a reason. There's nothing stopping anyone who wants to do something productive, contribute or fix something, instead of just whining on message boards.

Guest peetu20

It can be a kernel issue only in the first case - that there's actually some hardware differences between devices. I'd still bet on it being a baseband/modem/bootloader related like the wifi issue on Acqua which is still somewhat unresolved I guess. There must be some difference between devices, otherwise it wouldn't work on most devices mine included!

*Sigh* You already asked this once and I explained. I've merged the source code that ZTE released on top of tagged CAF release. This brings basically two things. 1) Full git history. 2) Cleanup of ZTE code (mostly code that is never even compiled). So are they that different, no. Both kerners are fully open source, so go have a look first before making comments like this!

]Okay, okay, I just tried to help. I dont want to share wrong information. Maybe I should keep my hands off while talking about phones hardware and kernels ;)

Guest bamdad

guys, the way i see it is that a significant portion of people are having reboots/freezes with this rom (and other cm-based ones), and lots of them aren't able to even make sense of kernel source code - including myself, even though i know a bit of c (and java). i also understand that this is no 'support thread' and konstat (or anyone else for that matter) will not magically fix the issues we're having.

however, since the logs apparently don't reveal anything relevant, narrowing down what the problem might be could help someone more knowledgeable than us to try fixing it for everyone's benefit.

i don't know if it's better to have the discussion here or rather in some semi-related thread, because almost all of them are full of 'ma fone done got borken help me plox!!11'-like posts. having said that, i'll gladly shut up if i'm asked to.

Edited by bamdad