[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

My second question:

When, I connect the phone to my computer, then I don't see the internal storage (only SD card). Why?

Most likely because you didn't read few first posts of the thread. :P

There was support for internal storage at one point but it was reverted on public demand.

Guest boros2222

Konstat, I did a clean install with the latest version (wiped everything), and I experienced a problem. When I use my phone (doesn't matter what I do) my phone reandomly freezes and I have to reboot it with the power button, it happens very often. I think it's about the kernell, I didn't experience this on older builds.

For Hungarians:

Milyen meglepő, hogy ilyen sok magyar van itt :P

Guest multi13

Thanks for answers peetu20, MJonMoDaCo and KonstaT! ;)

I understand. I have an Ubuntu Live CD and I try it. I like this ROM.

I made tests few days ago. -> LINK (sorry, some texts are Hungarian, but the results are international :P )

Guest papars

I think I've already said this before, but it doesn't seem to get BSSID (00:00:00:00:00:00) for your access point. Are you sure this isn't an issue with your router? You better start with googling 'CTRL-EVENT-ASSOC-REJECT'. There's at least some known issues with university networks that use EAP.

No problem with stock ROM at the same routers. I'll keep digging...

Guest MJonMoDaCo

There was support for internal storage at one point but it was reverted on public demand.

Really? The public demanded it? It must have been causing a ton. of issues. Because if it was working fine I'd be inclined to tell them to get stuffed :P

How odd.

Guest odmetnik81

Hi evereybody.

Everytime when someone calls me on VIBER, I mean EVERYTIME, phone freezes and reboots.

Can someone help me with that?

I have 4.2.2 build, everything else is ok.

Thanks.

Guest aleksandar069

Hi evereybody.

Everytime when someone calls me on VIBER, I mean EVERYTIME, phone freezes and reboots.

Can someone help me with that?

I have 4.2.2 build, everything else is ok.

Thanks.

the problem is in the Viber, maybe is not recommended for ZTE Blade 3, i have the same problem and in the stock rom. just uninstall it and try to test similar app like What's... i don't know the math name... Edited by aleksandar069

Guest odmetnik81

the problem is in the Viber, maybe is not recommended for ZTE Blade 3, i have the same problem and in the stock rom. just uninstall it and try to test similar app like What's... i don't know the math name...

hvala

Guest odmetnik81

I just checked, definetly is the problem with most of VOIP apps, VIBER, KAKAO TALK, TANGO,... all of them not working, everytime when I get a call with one of them, my phone is freezed and start rebooting. Even SKYPE is not working well, i can answer but i hear some weird noises...

Developers, dont get me wrong, i just wanna tell that is big misadvantage, because VOIP is very popular these days.

Not complaining, but i felt i need to say that...

Edited by odmetnik81

Guest multi13

@odmetnik81

I think that reboots isn't ROM problem. Unfortunately, this is a phone problem because if you install other or your original ROM, a restart would be happen.

Please check THIS topik. Here are some people who have this problem.

Guest KonstaT

I just checked, definetly is the problem with most of VOIP apps, VIBER, KAKAO TALK, TANGO,... all of them not working, everytime when I get a call with one of them, my phone is freezed and start rebooting. Even SKYPE is not working well, i can answer but i hear some weird noises...

Developers, dont get me wrong, i just wanna tell that is big misadvantage, because VOIP is very popular these days.

Not complaining, but i felt i need to say that...

If you can reproduce it every single time, it shouldn't be too dificult to produce a log.

Bug reports without logs are completely useless! Not complaining, but i felt i need to say that... :P

Guest bamdad

Thanks for answers peetu20, MJonMoDaCo and KonstaT! ;)

I understand. I have an Ubuntu Live CD and I try it. I like this ROM.

I made tests few days ago. -> LINK (sorry, some texts are Hungarian, but the results are international :P )

interesting.. according to my experience (haven't used any benchmark apps, based only on 3d and 2d game performance and browser/menu scrolling) this rom is more choppy than cm10. even the screen lock animation stutters more (not to mention some apps fc, but those are likely 4.2.2 incompatibilities). tried enabling/disabling forced gpu rendering, didn't matter one bit.

---------

EDIT: sorry, i misread your chart, i see you've used hjanos's cm10 for comparison, not konstat's work.

Edited by bamdad

Guest leripe

Okays so finally got around to make logcats of my problem with this rom.

So the problem is with whatsapp and notification sounds, which don't play when i get messages. Vibrating and the led flashing work on incoming messages.

Everything works fine in android 4.1.2.

Have tried different versions of whatsapp, with no help.

Notification sounds work with other apps, example with gmail which i also logcat'ed.

Edit:

Installed the 4.2.2 rom by:

Factory reset/format.

Formated system.

Wiped dalvnik cache.

Flashed rom.

Flashed gapps.

Booted up, activated google account, downloaded whatsapp and still the sounds dont work.

Have also tried restoring whatsapp with titanium (from the working 4.1.2), didnt help.

From my point of view theres few changes on this rom "soundwise" compared to 4.1.2:

settings

dps manager is selected in the settings as (something cant remember)

notification soundpack

Also seems that im not the only one with the problem since someone else reported the same on a finnish forum murobbs.

Can make more logcats and if I need to do something specific while logging just tell me. This the first time im having problems with blade roms :(

2013-07-24-14-33-31whatsapp.txt

device_info.txt

2013-07-24-14-18-37gmail.txt

Edited by leripe

Guest multi13

@bamdad

Ok. I will update the test with this ROM. My plan, that continuously update this test with other ROMs. (then a few weeks later, because now I haven't got much time)

Guest kadu247

AMAZING build... Thanks KonstaT.

I just have 3 problems with this build.

1 - when i conect bluetooth to the car audio it gets reversed. the radio controls the phone tracks and the sound is played by the phone (your 4.1.2 is working ok)

2 - i have random reboots too... (i notice that if i desable any task manager apps the reboots stops

3 - when conect to laptop over usb the touchscreen it gets strange reaction to touch... like if i touch every options at the same time (strange)

Hope this helps you making it better

keep the amazing work

ps: sorry my bad english

Guest KonstaT

2 - i have random reboots too... (i notice that if i desable any task manager apps the reboots stops

Use of any task killers is absolutely prohibited (not just with this ROM but with Android in general)! Please do not report any issues if you're using task killers and the same goes if you've restored any app data with Titanium Backup etc.

Guest odmetnik81

If you can reproduce it every single time, it shouldn't be too dificult to produce a log.

Bug reports without logs are completely useless! Not complaining, but i felt i need to say that... :P

Dont need to be sarcastic, i am not so familiar with all of this, just followed your instructions for instaling the build and recovery...

If you think that everybody is quite good with android, then why have you post detailed instructions that even lamer could update android phone?

I just wanna tell that VOIP is not working, thats all...

Keep up with good work...

Edited by odmetnik81

Guest leripe

Dont need to be sarcastic, i am not so familiar with all of this, just followed your instructions for instaling the build and recovery...

If you think that everybody is quite good with android, then why have you post detailed instructions that even lamer could update android phone?

I just wanna tell that VOIP is not working, thats all...

Keep up with good work...

Well if he wouldnt have posted some instructions, there would be even more whine and people spamming about problems on installing.. And as he said produce a logcat of the problem and upload it here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat&hl=en install, put it on record and try to reproduce the problem and then stop it -> upload the .txt file here.

Guest leripe

even if they are non-system apps? why?

Well im guessing there's always room for errors on: backup compression restore -procedure and some apps work differently or look different on different android versions.

Guest LecsoHUN

Hi!

The new ROM is awesome! Thank's for that. I've use it for 2 day and everything works perfect exept one thing.

I can't listen to music whit my MW600 bluetooth headset. So the details:

Newly installed ROM, I can pair my headset with my phone. I can make calls whit the headset I can hear them, and they can hear me. So I can phone whit the headset. But when I start to listen to music the phone start's to play it not my bluetooth headset's earphones. The headset's controll buttons works perfectly. I can pause it, jump to the next number. The only thing is not workin: I can't listen to the music from the headset's earphones. (But the phone's speaker plays the music.)

So can some help to solve my problem? Once I've the same problem. I've tired to solve it the same way but now it dosen't work. (system/ect/audio_polisy.conf edit but it semmes to be good for me.)

So once more: the bluetooth headset connects perfectly, I can make calls. The only thing is: I can't listen to music whit it instead the phone's speaker plays it.

Magyarul:

De jó sokan vagyunk itt :-D

Szóval tud-e valaki arra megoldást hogy miért van az hogy nem tudok zenét hallgatni a bluetooth headset-emmel.

A headset csatlakozik rendesen a telefonhoz, tudok vele telefonálni, el tudom vele indítani a zenelejátszást, számot váltani, kiírja a szám címét.... Suzóval működik rendesen annyi kivétellel, hogy a füles helyett a telefon hangszórója szól.

Már volt ez egyszer a gondom, akkor találtam hozzá megoldást a system/ect/audio_polisy.conf-ot kellet szerkezteni és működött is, de ez most nem jött be. Aztán találtam még egy update csomagot is csak azt cm10-hez. Azért azt is kipróbáltam de totál hazavágta a rendszert.

Nem tűnik túl nagy hibának, csak valahol át kéne írni hogy a headset fülese szóljon és ne a telefon hangszórója. Valaki ötletek?

Guest bubbamester

Hi!

The new ROM is awesome! Thank's for that. I've use it for 2 day and everything works perfect exept one thing.

I can't listen to music whit my MW600 bluetooth headset. So the details:

Newly installed ROM, I can pair my headset with my phone. I can make calls whit the headset I can hear them, and they can hear me. So I can phone whit the headset. But when I start to listen to music the phone start's to play it not my bluetooth headset's earphones. The headset's controll buttons works perfectly. I can pause it, jump to the next number. The only thing is not workin: I can't listen to the music from the headset's earphones. (But the phone's speaker plays the music.)

So can some help to solve my problem? Once I've the same problem. I've tired to solve it the same way but now it dosen't work. (system/ect/audio_polisy.conf edit but it semmes to be good for me.)

So once more: the bluetooth headset connects perfectly, I can make calls. The only thing is: I can't listen to music whit it instead the phone's speaker plays it.

Magyarul:

De jó sokan vagyunk itt :-D

Szóval tud-e valaki arra megoldást hogy miért van az hogy nem tudok zenét hallgatni a bluetooth headset-emmel.

A headset csatlakozik rendesen a telefonhoz, tudok vele telefonálni, el tudom vele indítani a zenelejátszást, számot váltani, kiírja a szám címét.... Suzóval működik rendesen annyi kivétellel, hogy a füles helyett a telefon hangszórója szól.

Már volt ez egyszer a gondom, akkor találtam hozzá megoldást a system/ect/audio_polisy.conf-ot kellet szerkezteni és működött is, de ez most nem jött be. Aztán találtam még egy update csomagot is csak azt cm10-hez. Azért azt is kipróbáltam de totál hazavágta a rendszert.

Nem tűnik túl nagy hibának, csak valahol át kéne írni hogy a headset fülese szóljon és ne a telefon hangszórója. Valaki ötletek?

Hi!

I have mono BT headset. I use this app: Mono Bluetooth Router. Free on Google Play. Try it, maybe it works with your headset too.

Greetings from Hungary. :)

Guest Mark G.

Hi, thanks for this awesome rom, it's totally uncomparable with stock, which is nowhere to this one.

BTW here's my battery test with this latest version with normal phone usage (minimal call, lots of wifi and data traffic, web browsing, ssh sessions, live cam watching etc)

Impressive, hm? ^_^

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idl33m7nw3sjwaa/2013-07-25%2012.03.44.png