[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Zsebes01

Meh, not in current plans. There's practically nothing to update in CM10 anyway. I can do a separate patch for the Viber issue if someone needs it. Most people have now moved on to CM10.1/CM10.2.

Eww, not going to happen. This is an AOSP based ROM and objective here is to get rid off all ugly vendor/carrier customizations - not to add them! That would be one of the first things I'd remove on any ROM...

Thanks for your quick answer!

So i must choose :) Your ROM or Old Lockscreen...hmmm i think i choose your ROM :))) Its very very good :)

And i see you updated now.

An another question if no problem......I use the cm-10.1-20130814-KonstaKANG-atlas40 ROM with this gapps: gapps-jb-20130812-signed.

Can i update this ROM to the newest? (cm-10.1-20130830-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip)

Or i must all time reinstall if you make update?

Very big thanks and RESPECT :)

There's plenty of lockscreen replacement apps on the Play Store though.

Guest KonstaT

Of course I didn't, how could I have known that? I even checked the manifest files (no change), but didn't really guess that fix was hidden in those old links.

Could you in the future, when releasing a new build, also mention this kind of changes (and updated manifests) in a new post so people get all the fixes when building CM.. thanks. :wub:

Because I've pushed it to my github?!

It would be a lot easier if the one or two people who are building my sources just followed what's going on in my github. ;)

https://github.com/K...aT?tab=activity

I just have quick question. Why are YouTube and normal (that I download) videos not as smooth as on the stock ROM. It's noticably(?) laggier, also the Camcorder.

Long story short. From Android 4.2 onwards we have to rely on some legacy implementations (media, display). This is also includes using legacy OMX for hardware video decoding/encoding which is bit of a mess.

Guest omenoid

Not a single reboot since updating to the 15/8 build (+1week ago)... awesome!

BTW, is this a CM issue: re-assigning hardware buttons (home/menu/search short/long press) doesn't seem to work.

Guest bamdad

Long story short. From Android 4.2 onwards we have to rely on some legacy implementations (media, display). This is also includes using legacy OMX for hardware video decoding/encoding which is bit of a mess.

so that's why the animations look more choppy. i thought i did something wrong. : )

Guest merc1800k

Hi konstat

It is possible to change with bigger photo when someone call me???

I think must change parametrs from phone.apk.......

Thanks....sorry for my english

Guest KonstaT

BTW, is this a CM issue: re-assigning hardware buttons (home/menu/search short/long press) doesn't seem to work.

Assigning custom actions to hardware keys works in all CyanogenMod versions except for search key (don't know why). So basically your bug report is 75% bullshit. :P

so that's why the animations look more choppy. i thought i did something wrong. : )

More likely you did do something wrong. Animations are not 'more choppy'.

Guest bamdad

rom is very nice, but I do not understand why 391 mb ram 512mb why is not able to fix it ?

it's only a cosmetic thing, and it's the expected behaviour on almost every device. even lshw shows 391MB. i guess you'll just have to live with it. that memory *is* being used by the system.

further reading: http://gadgetstouse.com/gadget-tech/listed-ram-free-ram/8322

Guest bamdad

More likely you did do something wrong. Animations are not 'more choppy'.

it's only the screen-off crt effect. it looks like it only has two or three phases on every flash i've done, whereas on cm10 it's smooth. not something i'd complain about, though. : )

Guest KonstaT

it's only the screen-off crt effect. it looks like it only has two or three phases on every flash i've done, whereas on cm10 it's smooth. not something i'd complain about, though. : )

Well, that has nothing to do with using legacy display. And there's an option to disable screen off animation if it bothers you too much.

Guest bamdad

Well, that has nothing to do with using legacy display. And there's an option to disable screen off animation if it bothers you too much.

i know. but out of curiosity, what is causing it? i have the same thing on my dad's galaxy gio on a rom i compiled from someone else's sources.

Guest KonstaT

i know. but out of curiosity, what is causing it? i have the same thing on my dad's galaxy gio on a rom i compiled from someone else's sources.

Idk and I don't care enough to find out. :P It works well enough as it is.

It's a complex system where many pieces must work in sync in the higher and lower levels of the graphic subsystem. It starts off with taking a screenshot of your current screen (highest) and it can even fail if earlysuspend hits too early on the kernel side (lowest). I guess it's somewhere in between. ;)

Guest bamdad

Idk and I don't care enough to find out. :P It works well enough as it is.

It's a complex system where many pieces must work in sync in the higher and lower levels of the graphic subsystem. It starts off with taking a screenshot of your current screen (highest) and it can even fail if earlysuspend hits too early on the kernel side (lowest). I guess it's somewhere in between. ;)

omgs, i guess that's why it's just disabled on lots of vanilla roms. : ) i'll leave it at that then.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

CM 10.1.3 eh? Go you good thing!

Err... is it just my luck, or are others having problems with accessing the in-call menu during a phone call? It seems like the screen doesn't want to wake up...

Not anymore. Was probably a shonky download in the end. IIRC I used the phone to download at the time, and well, to be quite honest - the phone's downloader stinks. (more corrupt packets than a Saudi Arabian Post Office - *groan*).

That vibrate function is quite handy too. Good work.

Fix permissions is leftover from Android 1.6 days when moving apps to external sdcard wasn't possible without relying to some nasty hacks that broke occasinally. It does absolutely nothing on newer Android version and it is (or at least should be) removed from never ClockWorkMod versions.

Oh! Thanks for the info. I can confirm however, that it resides in the advanced menu of CWM 6.0.3.2. Must say its a relic if it became obsolete after the days of Donut! Incidentally, flashing the gapps in the first post has a permission fixing routine during the install - is that merely an anomaly? Or does it at least have to have basic permissions set to be usable by the system?

Contact the app developer and ask them to update their apps for Android 4.2+.

Yeah, sometimes the most obvious answer really is the most likely. Unfortunately that's the main hassle with having an updated OS.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest Skinz1984

KonstaT, you are indeed a machine. Your work is fantastic and your patience in dealing with questions that could be solved with a search is admirable. Wifi doesn't work for me at home on my acqua, but I have plenty of phone data and now that vibes is fixed, I am a very happy man! Ty!

Guest mike1993

i installed the new 10.1

igo works, thanks

waze does now have same problem as before igo!!! (closes at the beginning alone) does not work!

rom manager is now working again!!

would apreciate the fixing of the wazw problem!! thanks

i installed the new 10.1

igo works, thanks

waze does now have same problem as before igo!!! (closes at the beginning alone) does not work!

just a stab in the dark, but try uninstalling waze completely (manage apps > waze > force stop, clear data, uninstall), then do a reinstall. it's working perfectly fine on cm10, so i'm *guessing* it should work on cm10.1 too.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

i installed the new 10.1

igo works, thanks

That's quite a handy app, no? Unfortunately I'm not so sure that KonstaT will be so willing to fix it - nor would that be the best idea... So instead of having him vent frustration, let's repeat:

Contact the app developer and ask them to update their apps for Android 4.2+.

That way, everybody that downloads the app will benefit, and not just CyanogenMod users. The only apps I'd say he'd have a real interest in are the ones that come with either the ROM, or the gapps package that goes with it. If the app developer claims that it is 4.2+ ready, and its not working, then it might be worth bothering him...

Edit: But try bamdad's suggestion first ; )

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest mike1993

just a stab in the dark, but try uninstalling waze completely (manage apps > waze > force stop, clear data, uninstall), then do a reinstall. it's working perfectly fine on cm10, so i'm *guessing* it should work on cm10.1 too.

i reinstalled waze - all is now working!@!! thanks

Guest MJonMoDaCo

@bamdad +1 at you, Batman.

^^