New USB Modem INF file!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pagemakers

The file can be downloaded from the first page.

Paul this INF file still does not work.

Please will you confirm 2 things:

1 - What version of Windows will it work on?

2 - Does the DK update need to be in place first.

I wasted 2 hours on this last night and I'm not going to do the same thing today.

Guest Matt Whitfield

Cool, thanks Kallisti. I'll wait for the UK update (please god, let it come out when they say it will!) and hope that is similiar then give it a go again...

Guest Pagemakers

Sorry Paul, bullets not aimed at you!

Maybe you would kindly explain to Orange that they appear to have fixed nothing.

Must we have the update in place before using this INF file. That information would help considerably.

Guest arunhallan

why all the bother to connect to the net using USB when u can do it thru IR?

im guessin that if u have a normal comp then u shud have a better way to connect to the net - and if u have a laptop u shud have an IR port

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I think:

Orange provided Paul with a new driver In theory this should allow you to use a UK SPV as a USB modem. However according to the response from other members (including my own attempts at coaxing it into working), it has not in fact fixed _anything_.

Nevermind.

Guest pete1312
why all the bother to connect to the net using USB when u can do it thru IR?

im guessin that if u have a normal comp then u shud have a better way to connect to the net - and if u have a laptop u shud have an IR port

I'd personally be delighted to get either method to work, but can't!

IR appears to be spasmodic (for those who do have it working). USB should be a far more reliable method.

(FYI, I need to stay in touch by email whilst travelling abroad. I have broadband access at home/office on my desktop).

I am still awaiting help from anyone who can give me SPECIFIC (idiot-proof) instructions to get either method to work using Win ME.

Thanks.

Guest Matt Whitfield
if u have a laptop u shud have an IR port

Nope. I have a Dell SmartPC 100N laptop and it does not have an IR port, not only that but it doesn't have a normal serial port or a floppy either!

Guest phaedrus

Just installed the driver and it works great.

I just tested the USB Modem driver by dialling up a local ISP and it worked first time with a reasonably quick connection.

PS - my phone has the DK update installed.