Changing Boot Icon

Guest george109

Guest george109

Hi, Is there any way that I can change the boot icon through an app.

I am rooted, but i really do not want to have to install a custom ROM as I hate the tacky Vodafone logo on boot and power off. It almost makes my phone look like one of those cheap £20 ones you can get that are terrible compared to this!

Is there an app that can do this on the play store like this one, as I really do not want to have to flash a custom rom as I have got everything set up just the way I like it apart from the Vodafone logo.

Thanks

George

Edited by george109

Guest bladebuddy
Hi, Is there any way that I can change the boot icon through an app.

I am rooted, but i really do not want to have to install a custom ROM as I hate the tacky Vodafone logo on boot and power off. It almost makes my phone look like one of those cheap £20 ones you can get that are terrible compared to this!

Is there an app that can do this on the play store like this one, as I really do not want to have to flash a custom rom as I have got everything set up just the way I like it apart from the Vodafone logo.

Thanks

George

(Boot animation installer 1.4.3 )costs very little and has loads of boot animations to install you can also edit them before the app installs it if you wish.

Bought this originally on my blade but it also works well on the g300 root is needed thought. J

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.canvs2321.boot_animation_installer

And if you delete those animation zips you get the default shiny android animation.

+1 on the "stock" android animation. I make a habit of deleting bootanimation.zip on all my roms.

But is the OP talking about boot animation or the initial splash screen? IIRC, the initial splash screen can be replaced in the boot.img ramdisk.