[DEV][ROM][25.6] Ubuntu Touch

Guest KonstaT

Guest rangeoshun

For give me for my ignorance but the quantal-preinstalled-armel+atlas40.zip is not compatible with the current raring release. So isn't it possible to create a raring-preinstalled-armel+atlas40.zip? Or the changes they made is not compatible with our binaries?

Thanks for shading light on this for us, and thanks for your work!

Guest KonstaT

For give me for my ignorance but the quantal-preinstalled-armel+atlas40.zip is not compatible with the current raring release. So isn't it possible to create a raring-preinstalled-armel+atlas40.zip? Or the changes they made is not compatible with our binaries?

Thanks for shading light on this for us, and thanks for your work!

quantal-preinstalled-armel+atlas40.zip from the first post works with raring releases if you swap /system/bin/ubuntuappmanager and /system/lib/libubuntu_application_api.so from a raring device build first (I used files from today's mako release). Old density fix will also prevent device from booting because ubuntu-session file has changed quite drastically. Camera sort of works if you also copy libcamera_compat_layer.so over. There's few of these lib*_compat_layer.so libs that might be useful for other things.

Overall exprience is somewhat worse than before. Still almost nothing works and stability has taken a hit. Most apps close after few seconds. I'm not going to release it because it's not something worth releasing.

Like already said, source code that was used to build device specific part (quantal-preinstalled-armel+atlas40.zip) hasn't been updated in months.

Guest KonstaT

A stupid question, will flashing ubuntu onto blade3 remove / won't respect it's simlock?

Telephony doesn't work anyway so it doesn't matter if your device is SIM locked or not... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

just I can not stand to download the second file.

Second link is broken :(

Because the daily builds have now been updated to saucy salamander. If you actually bothered to go to the daily builds page (that is linked just above the direct link to file!), you would already know that.

I have no idea if the device specific parts works with saucy or not and not much time/interest to find out...

Guest KonstaT

Updated for Saucy Salamander. Almost nothing works as usual. Screen density is now properly fixed so no need for a separate patch.

saucy-preinstalled-armel+atlas40.zip

https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html

md5:125c782e322e3f217c662c49670b6f49

MoDaCo has somehow broken my profile. :( I can't edit a post without making a huge mess (everything in html). So first post is also broken... so frustrating.

Guest peetu20

Updated for Saucy Salamander. Almost nothing works as usual. Screen density is now properly fixed so no need for a separate patch.

saucy-preinstalled-armel+atlas40.zip

https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html

md5:125c782e322e3f217c662c49670b6f49

MoDaCo has somehow broken my profile. :( I can't edit a post without making a huge mess (everything in html). So first post is also broken... so frustrating.

I have had the posting problem too, just can see some code, right? Just try to live with it, mine was gone in one day :)

Ps. Thanks for link, tried to download some of files from the daily builds page, but I got just flashing errors :D

Guest bamdad

well, the current daily build gives me a black screen after booting. but it's showing some promise: it becomes a backlit black screen if i press the power button! ^^

Guest KonstaT

It's getting frustrating to update the device base because almost nothing work as it is anyway. There isn't even any monthly builds of saucy I could link. It seems they're only breaking things with nightlies.

This threads first post also got f*cked up beyond repair. I still can't edit it properly. I might have to open a new thread if there's ever an update.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...