[DEV][ROM][25.6] Ubuntu Touch

Guest KonstaT

Guest Snap.IT

hey man , new update please :)

Make one yourself, post it here.

Don't want to spend the time? Why do you think anyone else would? It's not a viable replacement, it's just a fun toy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plantroon

Could you provide the download link? Do phone calls really work ?

I'm asking cos saucy-preinstalled... bricked my phone

Edited by plantroon

Guest Snap.IT

How is it possible that the new version(stable) work with our zte blade 3

Did you mean "Is it possible to make the release (stable) work with our ZTE Blade 3?"?

If so, then yeah probably, but i don't know if anyone is working on it. KK is the goal right now and TBH i don't really see Ubuntu Touch as anything special yet.

I'll give it a few years before i dabble with it again, i made a version for the OT-995 but never released it, it's pretty boring stuff.

Guest Snap.IT

Why would we wait? Cause i think the zte blade 3 isnt a gamer phone and i think the ubuntu would ve great cause nothing running hide (sorry for my english)

You don't have to wait, if you want it then go make it.

I'm entirely uninterested in it at this point in time.

Guest plantroon

Did you mean "Is it possible to make the release (stable) work with our ZTE Blade 3?"?

Ahh @laciegy, I misunderstood your post and I thought that you had tried it and posted on this forum that it worked (and how it was possible that it worked) :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plantroon

Any chains how this will work on our blade 3 i mean how fully work (calls, mobil internet etc.)

It should work well because it's heavily based on Cyanogenmod 

(when it reaches a stable state - it's not even good on Nexus devices yet)

Edited by plantroon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest plantroon

hotfile fall down from bicycle. some1 may reupload, or something

It's not working at all. Even on supported devices it's not a ready to use OS. Nobody will bother for now. Don't ask for that again unless it works at least on Google Nexus or something ..

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest plantroon

NOT working for me it says that ubuntu is installed but when i boot phone my old ROM is there !!!!!????

What did you install ? The first link in the OP is dead (hotfile file hosting service was shut down) If you only downloaded the ubuntu image, it won't work as you are missing the device-specific files. This ROM simply doesn't work right now / is unsupported

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mondomata

Hi dear KonstaT!

I trying Ubunto for Blade 3, but download ubuntu ROM in hotfile.com do not go!

Please new download - way of ROM ......THX.

Guest KonstaT
I never bothered to reupload it. Iirc the more recent saucy images from Ubuntu servers didn't work on our device anymore. I just can't edit the OP and remove the links because MoDaCo did something strange there.

Ubuntu Touch is pretty much dead anyway. It barely works on officially supported devices (Nexus) and there's nothing to gain on this device.

• 2 weeks later...