Rooting Twice

Guest george109

Guest george109

Hi, I was following this guide, and I have partly completed it, as I wanted to root before I found these forums, but I do not have a clue weather I unlocked the bootloader or not? Is there an app that I can use to check, or will it be fine for me to unlock the bootloader again (e.g not bricking the phone)?

I know I have rooted, as I have superuser and I have root apps (Like ES File Explorer)

But is it OK if I unlock the bootloader as I want to install CWM

Also, I have just noticed the guide is using an older version of android, will this matter for CWM or unlocking the bootloader?

Here is my info from about phone

Thanks

George

Another Thing, What is unlocking the bootloader?

The bootloader pretty much blocks actual development altogether. No root, no recovery. Manufactures lock the bootloader to prevent modding and hacking, I don't know why, but that's how it is. Unlocking the bootloader allows us to root etc.

Guest bladebuddy

The bootloader pretty much blocks actual development altogether. No root, no recovery. Manufactures lock the bootloader to prevent modding and hacking, I don't know why, but that's how it is. Unlocking the bootloader allows us to root etc.

I don't think you need to unlock the bootloader to root your phone. You do need to for recovery though. Just saying this as some people might want root without unlocking the bootloader as that is linked to random reboots.

Guest MrPuddington
I don't think you need to unlock the bootloader to root your phone.

It depends. One way to root is to install CWM recovery, and then modify the system to include su, and this requires an unlocked bootloader. Other options are via a custom upgrade, or via a security gap in the system.

Guest george109

In the guide, I had to root and then unlock the bootloader, and It worked! :) All I need to do now is install a custom ROM