[Q] help needed for bricked phone

Guest Arshbir.thind

Guest Arshbir.thind

guys i have accidently bricked my phone,i am able to get in boot loader but not able to push update.zip (as the update.zip i have is manually downloaded by me from official updatesite of xolo) is it nesseary to download rom frm aio san diego setup and then use the opyion(1) fix bricked phone?

Guest Arshbir.thind

please guide me i have soft bricked thrice trying to port "deodex xolo" somebody tell me where to place that .7z file and then press option 17 deodex xolo ics.

i have been trying a lot please some body tell me how to enable both sd cards using deodex ,where to place the zip files ,i have successfully roooted my phone removed insecure adb all else is fine unless i try deo dex and my phone get bricked again and again.

Edited by Arshbir.thind

Guest BlueMoonRising

It should already have been decompressed into the C:\SanDiego\tools\xolodx folder. You should find an app & a framework folder inside it. You can delete the .7z file.

Guest Pooloox

Ok thanks, but i didn't have xolodx folder, should I create it ? And when i download files like xolo update, it doesn't go into the "xolo" folder and i have a .zip@token... format, is this normal ?

Guest BlueMoonRising

When you initially download the tool and run the setup.bat all directories should be created. When you then download the different options they should then be placed in the correct directories automatically.

The only zip files you should have in the individual directories are the update.zip files in the Xolo, Orange and the Bricked folders, everything else should be extracted.

Guest Andymac1969

I want to get this straight as well, I have used the Setup programme to download the various files, but none of them are going where they should?

The Orange ICS download went into the 'Tools' folder I have then copied it to the Orange folder, extracted it into the Orange folder and left the original download file in place named ZIP@TOKEN_HASH=AAE4HPCAKICY3VRMRKK10BRE8E17ICVDDPOZCSVDZ3ZSNG File (.zip@token_hash=AAE4HPcAKiCY3vRmRKK10bRe8E17ICVdDPOZCSvdz3ZSng) do I need to assign this file to a zip programme and just have it called update.zip?

This is a fantastic programme but it is causing me too many brown trouser moments for comfort

Regards

Andrew, a very impressed OSD owner

I have enclosed images of my Orange, Xolo and bricked folders

post-407498-0-90519700-1362254515_thumb.

post-407498-0-23687600-1362254532_thumb.

post-407498-0-38011600-1362254544_thumb.

Guest BlueMoonRising

As I said earlier the only zip files you should have in the individual directories are the update.zip files in the Xolo, Orange and the Bricked folders, everything else should be extracted. I have no idea what that @token_hash nonsense is (perhaps a marker used when downloading?) but the size is correct for the Xolo and Orange update.zips. Try renaming them to just update.zip.

I see you've extracted the update zip s but you don't need to, just leave the update zip s in there.

The themes should have been extracted into their own individual folders, for instance :- C:\SanDiego\tools\Themes\blue\system should have an apps & framework folder in there(fully extracted).

I run Vista still and the tool works perfectly downloading and installing everything exactly where it should be, I'm guessing you two are running Windows 7 or 8 maybe and that seems to messing things up for some reason.

Guest Andymac1969
As I said earlier the only zip files you should have in the individual directories are the update.zip files in the Xolo, Orange and the Bricked folders, everything else should be extracted. I have no idea what that @token_hash nonsense is (perhaps a marker used when downloading?) but the size is correct for the Xolo and Orange update.zips. Try renaming them to just update.zip.

I see you've extracted the update zip s but you don't need to, just leave the update zip s in there.

The themes should have been extracted into their own individual folders, for instance :- C:\SanDiego\tools\Themes\blue\system should have an apps & framework folder in there(fully extracted).

I run Vista still and the tool works perfectly downloading and installing everything exactly where it should be, I'm guessing you two are running Windows 7 or 8 maybe and that seems to messing things up for some reason.

Thanks for the advice, yes this PC is running Windows 8 (god help it) I will delete everything and restart and just rename the files to update.zip and put them in the appropriate folder. No more brown trouser moments I hope

Regards

Andrew

Guest BlueMoonRising

I don't think you need to start again to be honest but at least keep the update.zip s, it'll save having to download them again.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I've just had a look at the setup32.bat file (the 64 bit version looks the same) and the part that downloads the Xolo update.zip is :-

:xolo

wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijjjj8v5z7wgywn/update.zip?dl=1 --no-check-certificate -P xolo

REN "xolo\update.zip@dl=1" "update.zip"

copy xolo\update.zip bricked\update.zip

For some reason Windows 8(possibly 7 as well) isn't renaming the zip which is why you've got that strange "@TOKEN_HASH=AAE4HP..." at the end of the zips. Perhaps it's a problem with 7z.exe although it's version 9.20 which looks okay. Either way just truncate the name to .zip and make sure they're placed in the correct directories. The setup32 or 64 bat file will tell you where they should be.

Guest Andymac1969

I've just had a look at the setup32.bat file (the 64 bit version looks the same) and the part that downloads the Xolo update.zip is :-

:xolo

wget https://www.dropbox....update.zip?dl=1 --no-check-certificate -P xolo

REN "xolo\update.zip@dl=1" "update.zip"

copy xolo\update.zip bricked\update.zip

For some reason Windows 8(possibly 7 as well) isn't renaming the zip which is why you've got that strange "@TOKEN_HASH=AAE4HP..." at the end of the zips. Perhaps it's a problem with 7z.exe although it's version 9.20 which looks okay. Either way just truncate the name to .zip and make sure they're placed in the correct directories. The setup32 or 64 bat file will tell you where they should be.

Will do that, cheers :D

Guest BlueMoonRising

Will do that, cheers :D

Did a bit of digging today, and the problem with Windows 8 would appear to be a permissions problem. You either would have to run as an administrator, set the bat file permissions to run as administrator(I'm not sure if that'll work) or possibly edit the setup32.bat file(or setup64.bat) to set permissions before renaming and then moving the zip files using the cmd line utility CACLS. I have Vista so you'll have to do your own research on that little lot. :)

Guest Andymac1969

Did a bit of digging today, and the problem with Windows 8 would appear to be a permissions problem. You either would have to run as an administrator, set the bat file permissions to run as administrator(I'm not sure if that'll work) or possibly edit the setup32.bat file(or setup64.bat) to set permissions before renaming and then moving the zip files using the cmd line utility CACLS. I have Vista so you'll have to do your own research on that little lot. :)

I decided I really hated Windows 8, so I have uninstalled it and reverted back to Windows 7 instead, gave myself a few more brown trouser moments yesterday, but hopefully this 43 year old noob has cracked the tool now, boy CWM is so much easier and less scary lol :blink:

Andrew