HELP: Request Official Unlock of ICS Bootloader

Guest jsevi83

Guest irishpancake

i think it doesn't matter what rom you use.

Just send them mail that u want unlock code for bootloader and write your IMEI model of your phone (U8815 G300) and your email address and that's it. they will send u code for about 3 days, maybe sooner.

But you are on Stock ICS, with a locked Bootloader in the first case, no?

You are were not running a Custom ROM with the unlocked GB Bootloader??

So, my question is does someone on a custom ROM, like Stock+, using the unlocked GB Bootloader, need to return to Stock ICS, with Stock ICS locked Bootloader to carry out the ICS Bootloader unlock procedure?

Or can it be done another way?

Guest irishpancake

You need to install a ics update.app and then use the code to unlock bootloader from fastboot.

Thanks, but I am not familiar with ics upgrade.app....would I be better to do as you suggest here...

If I am on Cyda Stock+, using the GB Bootloader, as I had to, would just flashing two zips in recovery??

As you said:

NOTE: If you are using any stock based ICS rom (like Stock Plus, Lightning, Infusion, B952-slim, etc), you can install the zip to downgrade to GB (look HERE) and then install the zip to use ICS roms in GB. You don't need to make wipes or reinstall the rom, just flash those two zips in recovery and reboot. I think this method is better than relocking the bootloader.

Would that save a lot of messing around??

Does this method, your one above, also flash a kernel [Ouch] for use with the GB baseband? can it give o/c etc??

Thanks, and sorry for any stupid questions. :)

EDIT...seems some have had problems, those on MVNO operators.

I am on Tesco mobile in Ireland, MVNO using O2 Network here, and I really don't want to have a problem with Network Data, as speeds are not the best anyway.

Which solution do you think is best?

Your ICS on GB baseband, with locked GB bootloader, as above....

or the new solution which involves unlocking the ICS Stock Bootloader, which involves going back to Stock ICS first, unlocking ICS bootloader, and then reinstalling Stock+ or whatever ROM??

Can a Nandroid made before the unlocking be restored safely [would it restore the original Bootloader, or is this ever backed up??]

Sorry again, but it is confusing and don't wanna brick wifes phone, life is hard enough already.... :D

Edited by irishpancake

Guest jsevi83

You asked so many questions i don't know where to start. There is a topic for upgrade or downgrade using a zip from recovery. There is another thread for using ICS roms in Gb baseband. Read those to answer some of your questions. There is another thread to lock the bootloader if you are in ICS baseband with an ICS rom. I cannot tell what is the best solution for you, you have to try and find out.

In case you got the code from Huawei to officially unlock the bootloader, then you need to install an ics update.app before using that code.

Guest irishpancake
You asked so many questions i don't know where to start. There is a topic for upgrade or downgrade using a zip from recovery. There is another thread for using ICS roms in Gb baseband. Read those to answer some of your questions. There is another thread to lock the bootloader if you are in ICS baseband with an ICS rom. I cannot tell what is the best solution for you, you have to try and find out.

In case you got the code from Huawei to officially unlock the bootloader, then you need to install an ics update.app before using that code.

Sorry jsevi83 ;-)

I know there are so many questions cos there are so many new options, thanks mainly to your good work!!

I'll try start something, just one option, then I will see. OK....

Thanks again man...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hippy dave

I got a reply saying they couldn't find the code and I should check the IMEI -I'd definitely sent them the right one tho. Been waiting for another response, will harass them some more soon.

I got a reply saying they couldn't find the code and I should check the IMEI -I'd definitely sent them the right one tho. Been waiting for another response, will harass them some more soon.

Same here. :(

Guest kali007

That's the mail they sent me.....

Dear Customer,

Thank you for supporting Huawei device.

The information you submitted is as follow:

Mobile Model:U8815

MEID/IMEI:861********

S/N:

Mobile phone number:

Email:*****

Maybe you has submitted the wrong information that we can’t find the corresponding unlock code .

Please check your information and re-submit to apply unlock code, and we will send it to your Email address in 3 working days. Thank you!

Huawei Terminal Company limited

Guest denzele

Ok now we talking...just received email from Huawei with unlock code yeah baby...2nd luck...

Hmmm...thinking how do this? What would be best way to go back to ICS to unlock it...easiest way...I'll figure it out...keep you posted if this will fix annoying 3G reboots...

Guest Kra1o5

Ok now we talking...just received email from Huawei with unlock code yeah baby...2nd luck...

Hmmm...thinking how do this? What would be best way to go back to ICS to unlock it...easiest way...I'll figure it out...keep you posted if this will fix annoying 3G reboots...

You need back to ICS Stock flashing UPDATE.APP

& make this: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/servicePolicy.do?method=getUnlockStep

Guest hippy dave

Yep I sent them another email the other day, and I just got a reply with my unlock code this morning. Haven't tested it yet but I'm happy they've finally sent it :-)

Guest hippy dave

I'm having trouble unlocking actually. I flashed an update.app, then initially when I tried to use the fastboot unlock command, it gave me an "Unlock fail! Invalid key!" error message on the phone screen. I realised this was because my IMEI had returned to zero when I flashed the update.app, so I rooted & used 5irom to restore the IMEI. Now when I run the fastboot unlock, it proceeds without any error message, as it is supposed to when it successfully unlocks, but checking the status still returns "LOCKED" and I can't flash CWM.

Any ideas guys?

I wish I'd avoided zeroing my IMEI in the first place, I hope I haven't f*cked my chances of getting this unlocked properly.

Edited by hippy dave

Guest denzele

Hmmm it doesn't look good for you mate..I wish I can help you but when it comes to IMEI zero or what ewer you guys call it I'm not that good..Still waiting to try my code no time hope it will go smoothly...

Guest mamudo

Some hours ago I got my unlock code from Huawei.

But now got an email with following information:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for supporting Huawei device.

The information you submitted is as follow:

Mobile Model: HUAWEI U8815

MEID/IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry about accorfing to ensure that the send goods version is Android 2.3 and there is no Bootloader unlock code for Android 2.3 so that there is no Bootloader unlock code for your phone.

Huawei Terminal Company limited

What does this mean to us? Any ideas? They are telling us that we should not unlock it with Android 2.3, right? That´s it?

Guest denzele

Sh*t I was just about post the same thing mate..after they send me email with code ( which I still have and haven't use ) minutes ago same email showed up in inbox..now I'm really confused..Well kind of makes sense because they didn't release official ICS in Australia yet so they probably thinking why does he need code if he's on GB and boot is unlocked...

Hmmm or maybe they realize they made a mistake with giving code to me in first place and now trying to put me off using it..

Well GB boot is open so no need for code then the code that I got must be for ICS ...

Oh huuuwaaaeiii why you making it so damn difficult for us?